• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

9mm steel cased
Disclaimer
Stupid price in my opinion for a still cased ammo.. But it is a closest "buy-on-click" availability. Plus hollow point bullets make it a deal.

Expected in warehouse on March 13, 2013.

Shipping is 10$/2 or $19/10 unless you are a member.

Publishing it for a reference where market is going. Got two for myself for home defense.

Hornady® training Ammo is loaded to the same specifications with the same propellant as duty ammunition, with a quality lacquer-coated steel case. It has match reliable function and accuracy, but is more economical for honing skills on the practice range. Berdan-primed, non-corrosive. Pistol rounds with Hornady Action Pistol (HAP) hollow-point bullets. 50 rounds per box.

Member Summary

Hornady Steel Match 9mm 115 Grain HAP 50 rounds
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

sorry but I HATE HATE HATE sportsmansguide..... 2 bad experiences: 1- gun bag was in stock... got email saying it was backordered and 3 week wait... then 3 weeks later got an email saying another month...... Similiar thing when I ordered ammo back in December.... still don't have the ammo

why not buy some proper home defense ammo? that appears to be in stock most places b/c its expensive. run a mag through to confirm it works and then sit on the rest.

pgtmini said:   why not buy some proper home defense ammo? that appears to be in stock most places b/c its expensive. run a mag through to confirm it works and then sit on the rest.

This.

I green every ammo thread I find (providing it's a good deal or it's about ammo that's hard to find and still in stock), but I can't green something from Sportsman's Guide. I personally experienced excessive backorders on backorders, and I know I'm not the only one.

I did not know that sportsmansguide isn't good. Never ordered from them. I guess it will be a good lesson. As for home defense ammo the truth is that right now people charge 400$/1000rd for a reloaded FMJ ammo in a plastic bag w/out any other package. It is an online deal google it by Military Ballistics Industries.

20$ for a 50rd box of branded hallow-point ammo does not look that bad assuming it will be sent in March. Also this ammo is not low quality and priced way bellow MSRP of $27.60. Here is the link to the product page Steel Match™.

On top of it, SG promised to not charge my card until order is shipped. So it is not something to worry.

Small warning: If you intend to use this at a range, most indoor ranges (at least the one's near me in Dallas) these days will NOT let you shoot steel cased ammo. Probably upsets their recycling efforts (my guess).

Stas1976 said:   I did not know that sportsmansguide isn't good. Never ordered from them. I guess it will be a good lesson. As for home defense ammo the truth is that right now people charge 400$/1000rd for a reloaded FMJ ammo in a plastic bag w/out any other package. It is an online deal google it by Military Ballistics Industries.

20$ for a 50rd box of branded hallow-point ammo does not look that bad assuming it will be sent in March. Also this ammo is not low quality and priced way bellow MSRP of $27.60. Here is the link to the product page Steel Match™.

On top of it, SG promised to not charge my card until order is shipped. So it is not something to worry.

They aren't afraid to keep pushing back your ship date though. I ordered some 30 round AR mags and some of the 33 round Glock mags when I was caught in the grip of the frenzy for a moment. I think the original ship date in January was Feb. 6. Well they aren't here yet. They've emailed me twice about the AR mags, and now those aren't supposed to ship until May. Nothing on the Glock mags, although it now appears they pushed it into March. Don't remember being informed of that change. By the time they ship I'll probably be able to go to a LGS. I signed up for their stupid membership too thinking I would be making more purchases. The shipping discount and overall discount paid for it at least, that is unless I cancel these mag orders.

Sportsmansguide is underhanded. I purchased "in stock" ammo back in October, and they have since pushed it back several times to now June, all while still to this day taking orders knowing they can't fulfill orders. I have canceled 3 orders so far, and going to cancel the rest soon.

Then they have nerve to tell everyone that they may have to charge more for backorders.

If you're ordering online, order from Dan's or sgammo.com - both good shops, although both (like everyone) out of a lot of stuff right now.

Or wait a little while for the supply chain to recover...

Sportsmansguide is kind of a mixed bag for me. I ordered a lot of items from them that were back ordered and yes they keep pushing back the back order dates. However a few items have shipped even though they put a May back order date up. It seems like they are just doing it as a blanket process so people don't keep calling them for status updates.

Sportsmansguide, Certainly a mixed bag.

Neg: I've had backorder stuff for over 8 months
Pos: Eventually shipped, and not billed until shipped-This was a few years back and the price was like 7.99x50 for 2k rounds of 9mm steel cased.

I won't buy another single thing from sportsmanguide until they ship the orders I've been waiting on since last November.

ekeith2000 said:   Small warning: If you intend to use this at a range, most indoor ranges (at least the one's near me in Dallas) these days will NOT let you shoot steel cased ammo. Probably upsets their recycling efforts (my guess).

Glad I live a couple hours north of Dallas, then. I've got two outdoor ranges nearby, and can shoot what I want.

Can't figure out how this could be difficult to separate out from brass casings, though. Big frikkin' magnet will do quite nicely!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014