• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
Thanks OP.

Perfect timing with this front rolling coast right now. The local weathermen don't know if it will snow, freezing rain, then snow....He keeps saying "It's going be be a whole lot worse---but he can't tell us what. I'm going to injoy this king OF coverage.

kickerstarter said:   So many praises and not a single answering why this is any better than free services offered by weather.com, yahoo, google, weather channel etc?

Enjoy the benefits of faster, ad-free content and longer radar animations for only $10 per YEAR.

Longer Radar Animations
Radar animations up to 40 frames in length (that's a 4 hour animation)!
Ad-Free Weather
We will remove all the ads from our site offering you cleaner, faster site access. No banners, no sponsor links, and this works for all pages including Favorites, Radar, and Severe Weather. You can then use your wunderground.com account from any location, disabling ads from your home, workplace, or other computers you use.
Ad-Free U.S. Forecasts & Alerts Through E-Mail
Our new email forecast and alert service is included with every membership. As a member, you select cities where you want weather updates, and we'll send you alerts immediately after they are issued by the National Weather Service. Forecasts are reformatted for text, or html devices, and can be sent whenever you choose as a paid member.

great thefrozentin, been looking for code to renew acct. Thx

hillwood24 said:   Isn't the Weather Underground a criminal front group?
They're more of a cold front group these days.

I also wasn't sure what the benefits might be of joining, so I looked it up on their site:

"Paid Member Benefits
Enjoy the benefits of faster, ad-free content and longer radar animations for only $10 per YEAR.
•Longer Radar Animations
Radar animations up to 40 frames in length (that's a 4 hour animation)!
•Ad-Free Weather
We will remove all the ads from our site offering you cleaner, faster site access. No banners, no sponsor links, and this works for all pages including Favorites, Radar, and Severe Weather. You can then use your wunderground.com account from any location, disabling ads from your home, workplace, or other computers you use.
•Ad-Free U.S. Forecasts & Alerts Through E-Mail
Our new email forecast and alert service is included with every membership. As a member, you select cities where you want weather updates, and we'll send you alerts immediately after they are issued by the National Weather Service. Forecasts are reformatted for text, or html devices, and can be sent whenever you choose as a paid member."

===
I don't think I'll join (even for free), but appreciate the OP's posting of the coupon code.

===
Why don't weather sites ever do a "health map" for migraines (for the people who are affected by big changes in barometric pressure) like they do for the flu, pollen, ultraviolet rays, and pollution?

This current storm in the middle of the country has been clamping down on my head for 3 days.

Weather.gov

kickerstarter said:   So many praises and not a single answering why this is any better than free services offered by weather.com, yahoo, google, weather channel etc?

Clearly you don't understand. It's FREE!

FREE!!!

If it's free, those at FatWallet will flock to sign up...even if it's something that virtually no one will use.

Personally, I have the FREE Ad Block Plus to stop most ads on whatever random weather site I visit.

I prefer Weather Undergound to other free weather sites because of the integration of data from the neighborhood weather stations. Also, no autoplay videos (I have adblock) like on weather.com.

Awesome!!! GREEN

Look forward to this membership every year...excellent site...thank you!!!

No need. I'm in Florida..... Hot, humid, 80 plus degrees, thundershowers in the afternoon and evening.
I can send this out daily for free if you would like.

thefrozentin said:   Text

Use code "QWV35" during sign up process or upgrade existing account.

For new users, check the upgrade my membership and follow instructions provided in the confirmation email.
If you have an existing account, click on "Settings" and then enter the code at the renew membership screen.

Thanks...worked like a charm!

thefrozentin said:   Text

Use code "QWV35" during sign up process or upgrade existing account.

For new users, check the upgrade my membership and follow instructions provided in the confirmation email.
If you have an existing account, click on "Settings" and then enter the code at the renew membership screen.

Thanks...worked like a charm!

Did this work like a charm for you?

lorymills1 said:   No need. I'm in Florida..... Hot, humid, 80 plus degrees, thundershowers in the afternoon and evening.

Guess there's never any chance of a hurricane or anything like that in FL.

To me, wunderground is the only weather website that offers weather products like Vertically Integrated Liquid (VIL), storm tops, etc. All these parameters can be used to analyze the convectivity (nastiness) of a thunderstorm. These tell me when to hide in the basement and when to go out and check out the show. Wunderground also offers archived data that can be useful sometimes. As far as I know, weather.com (weather channel), yahoo, google and even weather.gov do not offer detailed weather analysis.

my 2 cents.

For me, I can access a weather station just a block from my house. Helps with gardening chores down here in FL to know how much rain we get locally, especially during the summer months when one street may get a deluge during a thunderstorm while the next street gets nothing.

I thought The Weather Underground was the group that blew the dome off the building I'm working in right now.

cows123 said:   I thought The Weather Underground was the group that blew the dome off the building I'm working in right now.
Wasn't Patti Hearst in the Weather Underground?

Thanks Green 4U

hearnold said:   For me, I can access a weather station just a block from my house. Helps with gardening chores down here in FL to know how much rain we get locally, especially during the summer months when one street may get a deluge during a thunderstorm while the next street gets nothing.

lorymills1 said:   No need. I'm in Florida..... Hot, humid, 80 plus degrees, thundershowers in the afternoon and evening.

Maybe this is your answer

Can be used to renew expired memberships. Just log in, go to renewal page, and enter code. 12 months more for free.

Dealnut said:   cows123 said:   I thought The Weather Underground was the group that blew the dome off the building I'm working in right now.

No, SLA.

bugsie said:   Dealnut said:   cows123 said:   I thought The Weather Underground was the group that blew the dome off the building I'm working in right now.

No, SLA.

I'm pretty sure Humpty Hump was, though.

The Weather Underground today will be ... dark.

NantucketSunrise said:   

Why don't weather sites ever do a "health map" for migraines (for the people who are affected by big changes in barometric pressure) like they do for the flu, pollen, ultraviolet rays, and pollution?

This current storm in the middle of the country has been clamping down on my head for 3 days.

This is a great question and I've been wondering the same thing. I also get severe reactions from barometric changes, sometimes to the point where I feel like I'm having long sustained seizures. Would love to see historical barometric readings or forecasts.

Good lord, I'd even pay for it.

thanks op

Stop what you're doing
Cuz I'm about to ruin
The image and the style that your used to. -
I love Weather Underground. I haven't heard the Humpty Dance in a long time.

No, that's the "Weathermen".

CowbellMaster said:   NantucketSunrise said:   

This is a great question and I've been wondering the same thing. I also get severe reactions from barometric changes, sometimes to the point where I feel like I'm having long sustained seizures. Would love to see historical barometric readings or forecasts.

Good lord, I'd even pay for it.

They have it if you can find an airport near you:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KHPN/2012/11/9/Month...

After all that and I got a message read:

Thank you for Joining!

You have successfully activated your free 1 year No-Ads wunderground.com trial.
Enjoy!

If you find the service useful, please consider renewing next year!

Thanks and invite a friend!

ok... now I have tried it......I prefer my http://imapweather.com/ a bit slower but everything is more interactive.

While I am lost as to why anyone would pay $10 for a weather web site when it's free in 1000 places, thank you OP. I took the free year to check it out.

Mine does not expire until September, no way to renew right now it seems.

I also joined and upgraded for free, no problem.
But I cannot yet answer the question what good it is???

SteelRing said:   Mine does not expire until September, no way to renew right now it seems.

Maybe you could sign up now for a new account and get a free year with it - which would be equivalent to having from Sept-Feb for free - ?

The iphone app is cool. It was also free and ad free after singning in. At to the "what good is it" question, it is good for a weather fanatic-like myself.

hahaha. fatwalleters will drink even phenoyl when given free

exiled1 said:   kickerstarter said:   So many praises and not a single answering why this is any better than free services offered by weather.com, yahoo, google, weather channel etc?

Yeah, what they said...

No ads...?

PS: Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.