• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
If you are a casual user of weather services (i.e. whats the temperature going to be tomorrow, and will it rain) its probably no better than anything else. However, for more advanced users, Weather Underground gives a lot of information that is not readily available from other places. For example, for aviation purposes it has: winds aloft, temperature soundings, METAR/TAF, turbulence, flight rules, etc. they also integrate numerous local weather reporting stations. They have an almanac with all sorts of weather statistics, etc.

kickerstarter said:   So many praises and not a single answering why this is any better than free services offered by weather.com, yahoo, google, weather channel etc?

Before I moved, there was a small, but busy general aviation US weather station less than a mile from me, so could get info accurately and timely for that location.

After moving, the closest US weather station is more than 20 miles from me and subject to great differences in conditions than I am in (weather service is in very urban area, I am in rural area), its nice that I can get about 5 WU stations within fewer than 2 miles of me. The forecast for each station is prepared for that station (based on their models), as are the reports and records.

Yahoo weather, etc. do not have an option to pick this burb for any meaningful info, they just use a locator like wally world and give you the info for closest US weather station, making the info pretty meaningless.

Thanks OP

Thank you for Joining!

You have successfully activated your free 1 year No-Ads wunderground.com trial.
Enjoy!

If you find the service useful, please consider renewing next year!

Thanks and invite a friend!

Weather Underground Inc.

judahr said:   CowbellMaster said:   NantucketSunrise said:   

Why don't weather sites ever do a "health map" for migraines (for the people who are affected by big changes in barometric pressure) like they do for the flu, pollen, ultraviolet rays, and pollution?

This current storm in the middle of the country has been clamping down on my head for 3 days.

This is a great question and I've been wondering the same thing. I also get severe reactions from barometric changes, sometimes to the point where I feel like I'm having long sustained seizures. Would love to see historical barometric readings or forecasts.

Good lord, I'd even pay for it.

They have it if you can find an airport near you:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KHPN/2012/11/9/Month...

Awesome. Thank you.

SirPab1o said:   Weather.gov

Home of what might be the worst weather radar presentation on the web. Yes, it's free and the source of the country's official forecasts, but most of the graphics look antiquated.

Why Wunderground.com?
Because, if you talk to a spotter or EMT, going to weather.com or a TV station is like trusting Consumers Reports for computer reviews.

must be dead will not let me join

Works! My free sub had expired last December and is now renewed for another year from today.

Expiration: 2014-05-18 21:13:17
Signed Up: 2011-12-04 21:59:05

steveoreno said:   Thanks OP...for all the any say-ers this sight rules.

What is your native language?

CowbellMaster said:   NantucketSunrise said:   
Why don't weather sites ever do a "health map" for migraines (for the people who are affected by big changes in barometric pressure) like they do for the flu, pollen, ultraviolet rays, and pollution?

This current storm in the middle of the country has been clamping down on my head for 3 days.

This is a great question and I've been wondering the same thing. I also get severe reactions from barometric changes, sometimes to the point where I feel like I'm having long sustained seizures. Would love to see historical barometric readings or forecasts.

Good lord, I'd even pay for it.

I just noticed that Accuweather [dot] com has migraine forecasts!

So I thought I'd come back to this thread and mention it.

Here is one for Boston: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/allston-ma/02134/migraine-weath...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014