• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
this software is FAR again at Newegg. This will be added to the QS of main thread ASAP.

Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
$35 - $35 MIR exp 3/8/13

I apologize if this is a repost. Thank you for reading.

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got it FAR a few months ago from Tiger Direct... Very handy program to partition, clone, resize, etc... without losing data (unless you want to).

Pros:
Well-organized, effective partition management. Clear menus. Easy-to-make emergency disk.

Cons:
Potentially-dangerous features too easily accessible, and explanations buried in the help file. Windows-based emergency disk requires multiple steps to build.

Bottom Line
Good enough partition management for most purposes, but study the help file before using any unfamiliar features.

This product does not work with Windows 8

barbeque said:   This product does not work with Windows 8

Windows 8 does not work with Windows 8...

R4M0N said:   barbeque said:   This product does not work with Windows 8

Windows 8 does not work with Windows 8...

Sure it does. The Metro interface hides quite nicely so that I can get work done on the Win7 version of Win8.

Will this clone a drive or is Acronis True Image needed for that?

Unless you need the OS selector I'd go for the Free Aomei Partition Assistant Home Edition.

jjstokes said:   Unless you need the OS selector I'd go for the Free Aomei Partition Assistant Home Edition.

Can you please explain? I want to replace my laptops hard drive with an SSD drive -- and want to clone the existing drive. Will this do that?

No, you would need to get Acronis True Image.

CMeys said:   jjstokes said:   Unless you need the OS selector I'd go for the Free Aomei Partition Assistant Home Edition.

Can you please explain? I want to replace my laptops hard drive with an SSD drive -- and want to clone the existing drive. Will this do that?

I don't know what you guys are talking about here... I've personally cloned more than one drive using this software. Heck, I even did it on RAID drives.

1. Cloned a regular drive into a RAID 1 Array.
2. Cloned a system drive into a RAID 0 Array.
3. Cloned a RAID 0 system drive back into a regular drive.
4. Repartitioned, resized, and moved data between cloned drives.

All that using Disk Director 11 Home.

R4M0N said:   I don't know what you guys are talking about here... I've personally cloned more than one drive using this software. Heck, I even did it on RAID drives.

1. Cloned a regular drive into a RAID 1 Array.
2. Cloned a system drive into a RAID 0 Array.
3. Cloned a RAID 0 system drive back into a regular drive.
4. Repartitioned, resized, and moved data between cloned drives.

All that using Disk Director 11 Home.

Confirmed. I just cloned a 160GB HDD to a 120GB SSD, which Windows' built in imaging can't do and the Acronis products that came with my WD and Seagate drives made difficult because they couldn't see the WD or Seagate drive behind the controller in the USB enclosure. For the time spent filling out a rebate form and the cost of a stamp, problem solved.

BTW, if you couldn't find the clone feature, you have to right click the volume, not the partition.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014