• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is the newest SimCity available next week (can be downloaded as of March 1st). Apply coupon code: CAGROCKS and it takes $15 off, and then a $5 gift card credit is applied at checkout as well.

MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE PC DOWNLOAD VERSION for this promo to work.

**$5 Gift Card NO LONGER WORKING, price now $44.99**

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VTVRFA/ref=dsvrt_review_asi...

Member Summary

SimCity
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Even though few can actually play this game, the hilariously negative reviews this game managed to solicit may be enjoye... (more)

sswu (Mar. 08, 2013 @ 2:41p) |

Skynet is here.

coolbreeze (Mar. 08, 2013 @ 3:41p) |

If you bought (or buy) the game and register/activate by 3/18, EA will apologize for the game's poor shipping state by o... (more)

Hoogineer (Mar. 09, 2013 @ 8:52a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

no reviews yet on Amazon

(j/k)

Thank you, buying now!

The $5 gift card is not showing up in the check out screen. Do I have to click order first?

Nice .

Also keep in mind there is still a $20 back at Amazon on the retail disc version (for those that may prefer it) .

QUOTE:
Get a $20 credit and the Limited Edition Pre-order of SimCity - Limited Edition

receive a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, gift cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android Apps). Pre-orders also get the Limited Edition Heroes & Villains content including new characters, crime waves, a Super Hero HQ and an Evil Villain Lair. The content will be available in the product packaging. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Code for $20 promotional credit will be emailed within two days after your order ships. Limited to one per customer

This is a good deal...I recently purchased SC2...wonder if i have time playing SimCity.

Playa7x said:   The $5 gift card is not showing up in the check out screen. Do I have to click order first?

same for me, weird

I read a discussion about this game on Reddit about a month ago. People were complaining that you need to be connected to the internet at all times in order to play this game--even though it is a SINGLE PLAYER game. Interesting to say the least.

djklmnop said:   I read a discussion about this game on Reddit about a month ago. People were complaining that you need to be connected to the internet at all times in order to play this game--even though it is a SINGLE PLAYER game. Interesting to say the least.

I read that same thread... really dumb. I download single player games just for cases where I don't have access... on planes, in random hotels where I don't want to pay for wifi, etc.

djklmnop said:   I read a discussion about this game on Reddit about a month ago. People were complaining that you need to be connected to the internet at all times in order to play this game--even though it is a SINGLE PLAYER game. Interesting to say the least.

I did the first beta , and yes that's true online all the time even in single player .

djklmnop said:   I read a discussion about this game on Reddit about a month ago. People were complaining that you need to be connected to the internet at all times in order to play this game--even though it is a SINGLE PLAYER game. Interesting to say the least. Yup, I was very excited about this game until I found that out. I was hoping to play on my computer during my train commutes to/from work, but I guess not. Maybe I'll pick it up after it plummets in price (like Spore)

Might want to give credit to www.cheapassgamer.com since the coupon code is CAGROCKS. CAG = Cheap Ass Gamer

I wanted to like this game....

- The always online thing.. sigh.. I may be traveling a lot in the next couple years and had hoped this would be something I could play while in the airport or in the air, or overseas.. guess not. In the days of mobile gaming and computing to tether someone like this (to even launch the game) feels unnecessary.

- The small maps seem very limiting (I was able to fill the map pretty easily in the 1 hour access during beta). And no, there were will be no bigger map sizes available in the game.

- Very easy to make money, and easy gameplay in general making me feel that the replay-ability may end up being limited. Maybe they'll dial in the toughness for live release.

I for one won't be buying until either (a) an offline single-player option is available or (b) the cost goes below $30. With the current limitations it just isn't worth more than that to me.

didn't know about the single player offline issue, canceled!

Thanks, just pre-ordered my copy. I hope it's a little more challenging than the beta.

awesome, but i can just as easily go back and play an older version and be just as happy.

still waiting for any sim city to be released for mac. i would probably spend $75 to be able to waste more time on my mac playing this. until that day arrives, I'll keep playing roller coaster tycoon.

SloppyG said:   I wanted to like this game....

- The always online thing.. sigh.. I may be traveling a lot in the next couple years and had hoped this would be something I could play while in the airport or in the air, or overseas.. guess not. In the days of mobile gaming and computing to tether someone like this (to even launch the game) feels unnecessary.

- The small maps seem very limiting (I was able to fill the map pretty easily in the 1 hour access during beta). And no, there were will be no bigger map sizes available in the game.

- Very easy to make money, and easy gameplay in general making me feel that the replay-ability may end up being limited. Maybe they'll dial in the toughness for live release.

Great information. For these reason, I won't waste my money on this inferior product.

Will not buy because it is EA and also required to be online always.

derrickjon said:   Will not buy because it is EA and also required to be online always.

Though I don't like being forced online to play, I don't let something like that deprive me of an otherwise potentially great PC Gaming experience.

Oh, and Green for the good deal - though I will be buying a physical copy (gotsta have the collection on the shelf!)

I suppose its time for the joke and if no one else is gonna do it...

The 90's called theyd like their game back.

Would have preferred the digital copy, but no GC for me either. Had to go the physical media route.

$20 off > $15 off.

Amazon has the UPS man at my door enough that the $20 promo is as good as cash in this house.

If anyone figures the GC issue out in time to switch orders, do tell!

Major repost - and the $5 credit expired several days ago.

I pre-ordered and cancelled.

Seems the $5 gift card is no longer working.... updated the title to reflect current price with coupon is $44.99

derrickjon said:   Will not buy because it is EA and also required to be online always.

Seems like EA is following suit with Blizzard/Activision...which requires Diablo 3 and SC2 to be "online always" even though there are single player modes.

Either way, I'm personally getting this because I've been a huge Sim City fan since the Sim City 2000 days.

thanks but i'll stick to the commodore64 version...

I love everything Simcity. But I hate how gaming is going online and to cloud networks. Same with the PS4, I love Playstation but I prefer to own a physical copy of the game even if it takes up space and collects dust. This is just a ploy for them to profit off these games. By not allowing the resale of games because there is no physical copy to resell and offering special items that will likely not be transferable, they are guaranteeing customers pay the price they set.

Agree. The always online thing is a deal breaker for a game like this. I like them partly because it is a way to waste time when I don't have a connection. I guess I'll stick with SC4. Still fun IMO.

does the game keep playing in the cloud when you are away?

I still play SimCity classic every once in a while, wonder how well this one will work in 20 years. Oops, your game doesn't work anymore... sarsy....

For the 99%ers who actually have full-time internet access and plan to play this on their home PC, this is a good deal. Thanks OP. For those that are complaining, you might as well just come out and say you want to pirate it. I doubt all of you who mentioned airports really want a game like this that they can play for an hour or two when they infrequently travel.

Dupe

mistadeal said:   For the 99%ers who actually have full-time internet access and plan to play this on their home PC, this is a good deal. Thanks OP. For those that are complaining, you might as well just come out and say you want to pirate it. I doubt all of you who mentioned airports really want a game like this that they can play for an hour or two when they infrequently travel. You can make as much baseless accusations about people you don't know as you like, but that doesn't make it true.

I'm perfectly fine with reasonable measures of anti-piracy (Steam), but this goes a step too far. Why couldn't they just have a system than checks your license via internet every few days? I commute by train every day and this game would've been worth a lot more to me if I had the option to play offline mode. As is, it's simply not worth $40-$60 to me. I still want to play it, but I'll wait until it drops in price.

Yuyak said:   mistadeal said:   For the 99%ers who actually have full-time internet access and plan to play this on their home PC, this is a good deal. Thanks OP. For those that are complaining, you might as well just come out and say you want to pirate it. I doubt all of you who mentioned airports really want a game like this that they can play for an hour or two when they infrequently travel. You can make as much baseless accusations about people you don't know as you like, but that doesn't make it true.

I'm perfectly fine with reasonable measures of anti-piracy (Steam), but this goes a step too far. Why couldn't they just have a system than checks your license via internet every few days? I commute by train every day and this game would've been worth a lot more to me if I had the option to play offline mode. As is, it's simply not worth $40-$60 to me. I still want to play it, but I'll wait until it drops in price.

I agree. Imagine jumping on the plane and booting up Windows 7/8 and it tells you that Windows has been disabled because there is no internet connection. My response? "Windows is a SINGLE PLAYER game, for christ sake!!!!"

Always online is a deal-breaker. There are way too many things that can go wrong when a game requires a constant internet connection.

Just look at the disaster that was launch day for Diablo 3. No one could even play the game for the first 2-3 days. Any server connectivity problems, not just client-side but server-side will affect gameplay.

What happens when the servers go down? What happens in 3-4 years when EA releases a new Sim City and decides to shut down the servers for this one?

This is the equivalent of renting a game, and not owning it.

mistadeal said:   For the 99%ers who actually have full-time internet access and plan to play this on their home PC, this is a good deal. Thanks OP. For those that are complaining, you might as well just come out and say you want to pirate it. I doubt all of you who mentioned airports really want a game like this that they can play for an hour or two when they infrequently travel.

I believe we are saying we would like to buy it, but overreaching EA nonsense is going to limit the game's value.

Believe it or not, some people do travel and don't want to waste money on a tethering plan because EA decided I should have to phone home to play a single player game.

And with that said. I'm sure it will be available cracked on your favorite torrent site soon, if it isn't already. As usual, EA punishes the folks who actually want to buy the product. I'm not going to pirate it myself, I'll just not buy it .

Skipping 30 Messages...
If you bought (or buy) the game and register/activate by 3/18, EA will apologize for the game's poor shipping state by offering you a free game from its catalog for download:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/ea-offers-free-catalog-game-to-apologize-for-simcity-server-woes/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014