• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

sale (2.10MB)
Disclaimer
Seen this at the store today, price may also be online, I do not know. the set includes a drill a sawzall a flashlight an impact driver, 2 batteries and a charger

Lowe's
See Lowe's coupons that earn Up to 2.25% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Drill (46.55kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

does appear online as well Dewalt4Pack

Not Li-Ion.

Reminor said:   Not Li-Ion.

Ha,...maybe some red cause it's not the 20v set too

Pretty good deal if you can get them to take a HF coupon...

18v DW tools were in place for a very long time, full assortment of bare tools available at prices that should only get better, as well as lots of used ones. Generic battery options and battery cell kits as well.

They are certainly heavier with XRP batteries (which these are not) but are still very serviceable. You'll want XRP batteries if you get into using the saws or higher drain tools. Good compromise of cost vs. utility for a non-pro user.

Of course lithiums are better but the cost penalty is still pretty big, especially if you want to add more tools & batteries.

As I've recently purchase some Li-ion tools, I'd say that's the way to go for new tool owners. They are much lighter and seem to last longer. You have to check but I believe a number of the dewalt tools can run on Ni-Cad or Li-ion batteries if you get the correct voltage and form factor.
Also, anyone who does not have an impact driver, get one. I find myself rarely using my drill anymore, these impact drivers are great.

breaux124 said:   As I've recently purchase some Li-ion tools, I'd say that's the way to go for new tool owners. They are much lighter and seem to last longer. You have to check but I believe a number of the dewalt tools can run on Ni-Cad or Li-ion batteries if you get the correct voltage and form factor.
Also, anyone who does not have an impact driver, get one. I find myself rarely using my drill anymore, these impact drivers are great.

Touche on the impact driver, I actually sold my drills and kept the 12v & 18v drivers. Great tool

FranksandBeans said:   Pretty good deal if you can get them to take a HF coupon...

18v DW tools were in place for a very long time, full assortment of bare tools available at prices that should only get better, as well as lots of used ones. Generic battery options and battery cell kits as well.

They are certainly heavier with XRP batteries (which these are not) but are still very serviceable. You'll want XRP batteries if you get into using the saws or higher drain tools. Good compromise of cost vs. utility for a non-pro user.

Of course lithiums are better but the cost penalty is still pretty big, especially if you want to add more tools & batteries.

HF coupons do occasionally work, great point, also there is a Lowes $10 off coupon floating around on here as well

Not Li-Ion = No good

sleepybubba said:   Not Li-Ion = No good

I bought a similar set of Dewalt tools 8 years ago (it came with a circular saw vice the driver) and each battery is still going strong, accepting and holding a full charge. I would prefer Li-Ion but do not consider this to be a show stopper on this deal. My only issues with the set is that the drill is actually too powerful for the work that I do (like replacing a door frame). I have an inexpensive set of Craftsman Nextec that do th ejob just fine. They are more "finesse" tools ...

sorry what the ....# is HF

tightpapa said:   sorry what the ....# is HF

I think it's Harbor Freight

tightpapa said:   sorry what the ....# is HF

Harbor Freight 20% off any 1 item.
I use it at my local Home Depot every time I spend more than 5 bucks. Sometimes they will take take 20% off an entire purchase by mistake ($60 off a lumber purchase last week).
Some of the free magazine deals listed on FatWallet have Harbor Freight coupons in the back each month (Car and Driver, Road and Track, Field and Stream). Keeps me in a steady supply.

anglr200 said:   tightpapa said:   sorry what the ....# is HF

I use it at my local Home Depot every time I spend more than 5 bucks. Sometimes they will take take 20% off an entire purchase by mistake ($60 off a lumber purchase last week).
Some of the free magazine deals listed on FatWallet have Harbor Freight coupons in the back each month (Car and Driver, Road and Track, Field and Stream). Keeps me in a steady supply.

This is new to me. Please confirm that Home Depot actually takes Harbor Freight coupons ...

DUDSTER said:   

This is new to me. Please confirm that Home Depot actually takes Harbor Freight coupons ...

Depends on the manager of your Home Depot and how close the nearest Harbor Freight is.

Every Lowes and HD around me will take the Harbor Freight coupon. Only requirement is that it is on something (tools, mostly) that HF actually sells.

There is really no excuse NOT to get at least 10% off on any purchase at HD or Lowe's. They take each others coupons and competitor coupons, and for tools HF coupons are everywhere.

DUDSTER said:   anglr200 said:   tightpapa said:   sorry what the ....# is HF

From what I know. It is YMMV, but I have really good luck at my local HD and I even know which cashiers to checkout with. I have even had cashiers give me the coupon back to use next time...

Those Harbor Frieght 20% off 1 item coupons are up to mgr discretion around here. Asked at 2 Lowes w/1 no.
At HD, went to one store to buy oak strip flooring. Cashier said no, head cashier said maybe. Ended up asking the flooring dept, they said no way and called the store mgr. Store mgr asked how many I planned on buying, I said "29 bundles" and they said "Sure! You can use the 20% off the entire bill".

Wow Harbor Freight is not the same quality as HD. I just broke a carpet stretcher that I just bought at Harbor F. It was cheap pot metal. I have bought a few things there but am afraid to buy something that costs much at Harbor F. Can not believe they would allow you to use a Harbor F. coupon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014