• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon will have the Actron AutoScanner Plus with Code Connect as a Gold Box deal this morning starting at 9am EST/8am CST/7am MST/6am PST. I don't know what the price will be though it seems some folks know how to get the prices before the item goes live. I am posting this because of the interest I saw on another OBD-II scanner recently on sale at Newegg. Link: Actron OBD-II Scanner Gold Box Deal

Update: The deal is now live $145 without a hardshell case and $155 with the case. A bit pricey and I really can not say if it this unit is worth the extra bucks over a $30 unit. You have to hope it is.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

AutoScanner Plus
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

As an upfront cost this item seems expensive....but it can save you money in the long run and help keep your dealership service department or local mechanic honest. Thanks OP

duh!

$219.99 w/out hard case and $229.99 with...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B00AMF8QO0
Deal Price: $143.65 ( no case) -$155.00 (w/ case)

What can this do that a $15 Bluetooth OBD-II scanner and $4.95 Torque app for my smartphone can't?

Bizatch said:   What can this do that a $15 Bluetooth OBD-II scanner and $4.95 Torque app for my smartphone can't?

Not all OBD II scanners are same. The cheaper ones are hit or miss - they do not work on all cars whereas the more expensive are pretty much guaranteed to work on all cars.

If you are buying cheaper ones, it is better to wait till you need it so that you can immediately return the product if it does not work on your car otherwise you will be stuck with a paperweight.

do we really need one, especially one that is over $100, most auto parts stores will scan the codes for you...

richardyc said:   do we really need one, especially one that is over $100, most auto parts stores will scan the codes for you...

It really depends on the person. I use mine regularly, but I also buy and sell cars on the side to make some extra cash.

Well, my cheap little $15 bluetooth OBD-II scanner has worked on 5 different cars. From 2008 back to 1996..

This deal is like paying $200 for a rotary phone.

This one will babysit your kids, fix dinner for you, and wash the cat!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014