Cheap Gas from Tom Thumb

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am always on the site but never see anything about this, I live in an area where Tom Thumb gas stations are all over and they have a rewards point system that gives you 10c off / gallon up to 35 gallons for every 100 points up to $2 off per gallon. It is pretty difficult to get many points by purchasing redbull or snacks, BUT if you purchase gift cards they give you 4 points / dollar so a $25 gc is worth 10c off per gallon. Combine that deal with some that are often on here like Lowes coupons (they have HD gc) and you can get something extra for the money you were already going to spend. I frequently purchase Staples, Home Depot and eBay gc there. Just thought I would throw this out there.

Member Summary

Tom Thumb
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In my area it's Turkey Hill Mini Market (both are part of the Kroger Co. family of stores). Recently been taking advantage of purchasing various gift cards. If you purchase them with some sort of rewards credit card, it's like an extra bonus! Great place to buy gcs as birthday gifts, holidays, etc.

Just so others are aware, the 4 pts. do not qualify for the store's gift cards (Turkey Hill). As far as the Mastercard, Visa or AMEX, etc. gcs go, they cannot be purchased with a credit card and don't forget to factor in their associated activation fees to the realized savings.

Something else I recently discovered. Whenever the store's running specials (they have a big banner outside the store on their monthly store-brand promotions), one also earns 4 pts. for each dollar spent. Furthermore, those 4 pts. are earned on the reg. price and not the sale price. So you're earning 4 pts. on unspent $.

One other tidbit, Logan's restaurant is part of their family of stores and can be used at another store within their family. Check out the back of the gc for all stores or go to Kroger Co. website.

It's particularly advantageous to say, buy a Logan's gc with a rewards credit card when they're running a special like "buy $25 gc, get 10 Logan's bucks". Then you're able to use that gc at any of their family of stores. So find one of their stores in your area to create your own scenarios. Not sure if you can purchase a gc with another gc?

In todays economy, ever little bit helps (and adds up to more than one could image).

I can give you all the free gas yo want.....

or you can just eat some beans

I love Beans! No regular here, Only Premium!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014