• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Nice deal. Nice device - I own one and am very happy with it as long as it suits your needs, it is ChromeOS afterall.

$50 rebate from HP. Not available for pickup

http://www.frys.com/product/7547496?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Member Summary

HP Pavillion Chromebook
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why get this when the Chrome Pixel is out? This is a far inferior Chromebook.

fatxman said:   Why get this when the Chrome Pixel is out? This is a far inferior Chromebook.

You are kidding, right? After tax/shipping, the Pixel is $1200 more.

Can I buy this and throw it in the same drawer as all my other worthless tech gadgets?

Some of you might want to open your minds a little and read this article http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416124,00.asp

Dogging a product for doing exactly what it is meant to do suggests that the problem isn't with the product, but the reviewer. Complaints about the ChromebookŚwimpy hardware, small storage space, and the need for constant connectivityŚmay be completely true, by certain measures, but they are based on a flawed understanding of what the Chromebook is and how it works.

I personally have zero desire to own a windows or MacOS laptop, each to his own.

Nantogue said:   Some of you might want to open your minds a little and read this article http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416124,00.asp

Dogging a product for doing exactly what it is meant to do suggests that the problem isn't with the product, but the reviewer. Complaints about the ChromebookŚwimpy hardware, small storage space, and the need for constant connectivityŚmay be completely true, by certain measures, but they are based on a flawed understanding of what the Chromebook is and how it works.

I personally have zero desire to own a windows or MacOS laptop, each to his own.

After installing Ubuntu on an old laptop and picking up a Chromebook a couple months ago, I am trying to figure out why these two platforms haven't gained more market share. Both are stable, very easy to use and do everything I need them to do. Obviously if you are running some special software you might run into some issues, but for web browsing and working with documents, they are both great.

dishdude said:   Nantogue said:   Some of you might want to open your minds a little and read this article http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416124,00.asp

After installing Ubuntu on an old laptop and picking up a Chromebook a couple months ago, I am trying to figure out why these two platforms haven't gained more market share. Both are stable, very easy to use and do everything I need them to do. Obviously if you are running some special software you might run into some issues, but for web browsing and working with documents, they are both great.

As someone who owns the newest Samsung Chromebook AND a Chromebook Pixel, I'd say they are not becoming more popular because no matter how awesome the hardware, there is ALWAYS something you run into that you can't do. For the longest time, I couldn't get Spotify music. I can't sync my Livescribe Pen. As for Ubuntu, well, that is just too much for the vast majority of consumers. As awesome as Chrome is, it won't replace my Windows 8 laptop any time soon.

Nantogue said:   it is ChromeOS afterall.

Shhhh....

The "ChromeOS" is not a real OS. It is really just a front-end for Gentoo Linux. But, since there are so many people who badmouth and hate Linux for no reason, Google kinda downplayed this.

Yeah, and Android, it's a Linux port also. Don't tell anybody.

dishdude said:   Nantogue said:   Some of you might want to open your minds a little and read this article http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416124,00.asp

The general computer use wants its hand held. Chrome OS and Ubuntu are not noobie friendly. A big reason that Apple sells so well at its high price point is how easy it is to use. Windows 8 is befuddling computer users. Now, if you are a power user and can install programs with ease and cleanup your computer, then you are in the minority.

greling said:   Nantogue said:   it is ChromeOS afterall.

Shhhh....

The "ChromeOS" is not a real OS. It is really just a front-end for Gentoo Linux. But, since there are so many people who badmouth and hate Linux for no reason, Google kinda downplayed this.

Yeah, and Android, it's a Linux port also. Don't tell anybody.

You can get out of the closet now. Everyone knows about linux, the reason it has not taken off is that the genreal computer user does not want to hire someone to get software installed or get somone to teach them how to install Spotify, Microsoft Office, etc. Power users are the target for linux.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014