• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Black & Decker 18V Cordless Drill w/ 2 Batteries GCO18SB-2R

Good price for 2 18 volt slide pack batteries and charger if you have other B&D tools that use these.

Member Summary

Black & Decker Cordless Drill (34.97kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

This Black & Decker 18V NiCad Trimmer and Sweeper Combo Kit NCC218R is also a deal at $59.99. The trimmer along usually goes for around $60+.

2 year warranty, 30 days for defective returns; in for 1.

Any thoughts on this this one with 20v lithium ion battery, no extra battery, same price.

Got the 18v (same as OP) one last time this deal was around. It was shipped very fast and works great as a general purpose drill for home use.

If you only need a drill once every few months, then the lithium battery may be the better choice. I have a rarely used B&D 12V NiCd that's useless now because I never remembered to cycle the battery on the charger. A new HPB12 battery is almost as much as either of these drills. I went with the lithium this time, so hopefully it'll actually have a charge when I need to use it.

KuoH

horizon6 said:   Any thoughts on this this one with 20v lithium ion battery, no extra battery, same price.

these only come with one bit?
no other accessories?

KuoH said:   If you only need a drill once every few months, then the lithium battery may be the better choice. I have a rarely used B&D 12V NiCd that's useless now because I never remembered to cycle the battery on the charger. A new HPB12 battery is almost as much as either of these drills. I went with the lithium this time, so hopefully it'll actually have a charge when I need to use it.

KuoH

horizon6 said:   Any thoughts on this this one with 20v lithium ion battery, no extra battery, same price.

Thank you.

Had similar experience with Craftman 18v; and regularly did not have a charged battery when needed for the occasional use.

The two batteries in the ni-cad deal would be nice with the idea of leaving one on the charger to always have one ready but expect in doing that with occasional use of the drill both batteries would be useless soon.

Darn, I just spent $27 to buy 1 of these batteries on eBay last week. This is a great deal...

KuoH said:   If you only need a drill once every few months, then the lithium battery may be the better choice. I have a rarely used B&D 12V NiCd that's useless now because I never remembered to cycle the battery on the charger.
How many of can't use a corded drill because 120VAC is either unavailable or too dangerous for your purpose?

Do they consider the batteries to be accessories? If so, does that mean they don't warranty the batteries?

I don't need the drill, but could use the batteries but it's kind of uselss if they could just toss in some old used batts with the warrantied drill....hmm.

Just got email from eBay seller. Batteries are new!!

rmi65700 said:   Just got email from eBay seller. Batteries are new!!

In for 1 then. Just need the batteries, will likely toss the drill.

Got the package today, but they forgot the battery charger! I emailed B&D thru eBay, hope they are not stingy with me.

If only I had seen this earlier. My trusty Ryobi finally gave out this weekend and this would have been a solid replacement being that I have a BD trimmer that uses the same batteries.

Well, finally got my charger. Even after on the charger all night the light is a steady red. Anyone else who purchased one care to input?

After being able to finally test the drill, the clutch or something is messed up. When I turn it to drill, its supposed to disengage the clutch and drill. This is not the case. I can even stop the chuck with my hand when its on drill. I am uploading a vid to help better explain. B&D have been good in fulfilling my order, I hope they make this right.

EriCCirE said:   Well, finally got my charger. Even after on the charger all night the light is a steady red. Anyone else who purchased one care to input?

After being able to finally test the drill, the clutch or something is messed up. When I turn it to drill, its supposed to disengage the clutch and drill. This is not the case. I can even stop the chuck with my hand when its on drill. I am uploading a vid to help better explain. B&D have been good in fulfilling my order, I hope they make this right.

I've had this battery/charger/ and a similar drill for about 7 years now. The light on my charger never turns off, I've never had a way to tell when the battery is fully charge. I just leave it on for 24 hours and take it off after that.

Yzzim said:   EriCCirE said:   Well, finally got my charger. Even after on the charger all night the light is a steady red. Anyone else who purchased one care to input?

I've had this battery/charger/ and a similar drill for about 7 years now. The light on my charger never turns off, I've never had a way to tell when the battery is fully charge. I just leave it on for 24 hours and take it off after that.

Same. I have multiple chargers for this 18v model and they all do the same thing. Kind of a PITA not knowing if its fully charged. And as the batteries get older, they don't last nearly as long (I have one that lasts 10min top when using vs 60+ with a newer one) but you don't know if its because the battery is low/old/bad or because it is not charged.

Am I the only lucky one? I have 9 batteries and about as many chargers(I have 4 versions of their chain saws,a couple of their blowers and now the drill). One has quit taking a charge, only gets to ~9.5 volts. The others are fine, the charger light goes out after 8~9 hours. I have used them frequently though (the blower minus the long nozzle is great for drying the cars after washing) and I know NiCads go sour after non-use.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014