• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Philips Award Winning L-Prize LED 10W A19 light bulb is the efficient alternative to a standard 60W incandescent A19 bulb. This dimmable LED is so energy efficient, it is the first 60W equivalent A19 LED bulb to win the L-prize from the U.S. Department of Energy. Providing omni-directional light, this A19 LED is ideal for use in kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms and hallways. It provides a beautiful, soft white light and can save you up to $135.50 in energy costs.

•Brightness: 940 Lumens
•Estimated Yearly Energy Cost: $1.20 (Based on 3 hrs/day, 11/kWh. Costs depend on rates and use.)
•Life: 22.4 years (Based on 3 hrs/day)
•Light Appearance: 2700K soft white
•Energy Used: 10 watts
•Lumens per Watt: 94
•Meets Federal minimum efficiency standards for Energy Star rating
•Uses 83% less energy compared to a standard incandescent light bulb
•Instant-on technology, quiet (no-hum) operation and will not fade fabrics or furnishings
•A19-shape, medium base
•Dimmable: Y
•MFG Model # : 423244
•MFG Part # : 423244

Store SKU # 643430

Home Depot
See Home Depot coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Phillips 10W LED Soft White A19 bulb (12.43kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Are the prices coming down for this? How come A21 17W is listed as $35 ($42 MSRP) on Amazon but A19 10W is $50+?

OCedHrt (Mar. 08, 2013 @ 8:23a) |

I went to another Home Depot looking for these, store inv. showed 12, had all electrical and mgrs looking for them. No o... (more)

dimsumkid (Mar. 08, 2013 @ 1:34p) |

Listed as "inactive" at my local stores also. Wasn't able to find any in-store after a fairly significant search. Seem... (more)

smithr4 (Mar. 19, 2013 @ 5:17p) |

Staff Summary

What is B&M? I know it stands for brick and mortar. But what does it mean when you put it in title of a deal?

nortotron said:   What is B&M? I know it stands for brick and mortar. But what does it mean when you put it in title of a deal?
... brick and mortar
not shipped
from OP's link:
STORE EXCLUSIVE
Store Only

Buy Online, Pick Up In Store Today

nortotron said:   What is B&M? I know it stands for brick and mortar. But what does it mean when you put it in title of a deal?

Have a look here.

$50 here in CA (95xxx)

I'm also seeing $49.97 for the L Prize winning bulb (Northern California). However, there are two similar bulbs at lower price points - a 10.5 watt non-dimmable for $14.97 and a 12.5 watt dimmable for $22.97. Both are A19 form factor and 60W equivalents.

I'm wondering if the poster saw that 10.5 watt non-dimmable and mistook it for the L prize winner ... or maybe HD mis-priced it originally. Not trying to thread crap or anything ...

I just checked the prices in Boston and Chicago and it's $14.97. This is the lowest price I've seen for these bulbs ever. I bought 4 of these back in Dec 2012 using a local price match of 50% coupon when the price dropped down to $29.97. When I checked the price in Jan/Feb, they had gone back up to $49.97.

Thanks for the heads-up! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like The Home Depot stores in my area carry this one.

I've been through way too many new CFL and LED bulbs, and I have to say that these particular ones look great. Nice warm color to them, and the LEDs aren't flickery like cheap Christmas lights. I think the Reveal CFLs have a similar warm color scheme, and are a little cheaper, but don't have dimming capabilities.

$49.97 in Allentown PA.

I'm seeing the price at $14.97 and I'm thinking if I can use the $10 off $50 Lowes coupon this is a great deal.

How are these in cold/hot weather. I have a light post outside that is a PITA to change the bulb. I used to get rough service bulbs at HF that lasted a decent amount of time but they don't carry them anymore. Regular incandescents give me 6 weeks at most due to fluctuations in temp plus it's on every night for about twelve hours.

They are not even sold in the Indy area, but in the backwoods of MA (by my parents) they have them for $14.97.

My parents would never spend that much on a light bulb--probably why there are still 67 in stock.

They are $14.97 in the Belleville Illinois store too. They showed 57 in stock before I ordered my 10 for instore pickup.

Just bought 20 in North Bergen, NJ

$50 here on Long Island NY

Can someone please post a receipt image that we could use for a PM situation at the stores that are regular price? This is a really good deal.

OC CA = $14.97. Deal on.

computerquest said:   They are not even sold in the Indy area, but in the backwoods of MA (by my parents) they have them for $14.97.

My parents would never spend that much on a light bulb--probably why there are still 67 in stock.

Stocked in Crawfordsville and Lafayette, but $50....

Available (unit as described) in Joliet, south of Chicago. Looks like about 60 left, but most stores near my zip have roughly that many. Thanks OP.

ordered all 9 for online pickup from local store..everywhere else its $49 plus in LA ..

san diego, ca

Philips 10-Watt (60W) LED A19 Soft White (2700K) Light Bulb (E)* (L Prize Award Winner)
Model # 423244
Store SKU # 64343
$14.97 / EA-Each

STORE EXCLUSIVE

This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI

wierd.

It's $49.97 for the Phoenix, AZ area Home Depots. Switching the zip code to Joliet, IL, the $14.97 price appears. But it's an in-store-only deal, no shipping offered. Wondering if maybe they're clearing inventory for an updated model, or something?
Note: there's an eBay seller that has this item for a shipped price of $32.95, but only has a few of them for sale.

Well, Costco has been selling a vaguely equivalent bulb for $14.xx for many months. IIRC it's 9W but a nice form factor with the LEDs arranged both circumferentially and axially.

And then there's eBay, for a big supply of Chinese products with the retail pricing and probably more cutting-edge because the supply lines are quicker - minus the time needed for American firms to write contracts, arrange packaging, etc. There are some amazingly high powered lights available, in 6000k or 3300k colors (and RGB, for the party-minded).

These things are "all" heat sink, btw. They have no trouble in cold weather, but it'll be interesting to see how they survive 3-sigma hot summer days outside.

I just bought a crapload of LEDs during the last 7.97 deal. Hopefully this deal is on in 20 years when these burn out.

These can't replace 65W BR30 halogen lights can they?

isjka said:   These can't replace 65W BR30 halogen lights can they?

Not very well.

You could search for the CREE can light replacement or buy some R30 LEDs.

PoorJohn said:   Well, Costco has been selling a vaguely equivalent bulb for $14.xx for many months. IIRC it's 9W but a nice form factor with the LEDs arranged both circumferentially and axially.

And then there's eBay, for a big supply of Chinese products with the retail pricing and probably more cutting-edge because the supply lines are quicker - minus the time needed for American firms to write contracts, arrange packaging, etc. There are some amazingly high powered lights available, in 6000k or 3300k colors (and RGB, for the party-minded).

These things are "all" heat sink, btw. They have no trouble in cold weather, but it'll be interesting to see how they survive 3-sigma hot summer days outside.

The ones in Costco are not of great quality..Philips quality is highly recommendable..

27 in stock Middletown, NY... just picked up two. They are NOT with the lamps display, look for a nearby end cap. HD staff very helpful.

Too bad they're not sold anywhere by me (30047 in GA). Oh well, it was showing up as $49.97 on the site.

mnsweeps said:   PoorJohn said:   Well, Costco has been selling a vaguely equivalent bulb for $14.xx for many months. IIRC it's 9W but a nice form factor with the LEDs arranged both circumferentially and axially.

The ones in Costco are not of great quality..Philips quality is highly recommendable..
Not obvious to me - do you have a "citation" for that?

In for 3 with 3% Cash Back. Over 100 available in the Buffalo area. Thanks OP!

Would pay $15 for two. The best deal on LED bulbs so far was $9.98 for pack of 2 LG 7.5w(40W) A19 bulbs at Costco 1 year ago.

My concern is these failing in 2-3 years, like most CFLs do regardless of the claims. CFLs have come down in price, however the cold and non-dimable capabilities make them not so useful in certain situations. But hesitant to jump on these - when will these become commodity or come down under $5 at least?

Maryland sells them, but none in Virginia.

rsuaver said:   My concern is these failing in 2-3 years, like most CFLs do regardless of the claims. CFLs have come down in price, however the cold and non-dimable capabilities make them not so useful in certain situations. But hesitant to jump on these - when will these become commodity or come down under $5 at least?

My luck with LEDs has been better than CFLs.
I don't believe I have EVER achieved rated life from a CFL.
Many of my LEDs are still going strong.

Picked up 5 of these today. Really nice bulbs. My local utility gives me an $8 rebate on each, too.

rsuaver said:   My concern is these failing in 2-3 years...

Save your receipt then as they have a 6 year replacement warranty!

For whomever suggested getting the chinese version LED lights -be careful, and look at the lumens of the bulb. Because, usually, they are not even close to the same. Most
of the chinese LEDs will NOT say what the lumens is, because it is so low. I made the mistake, before knowing, of buying some 12w - 15w LED bulbs. I have a 4 watt incandescent
night light, that gives off more lumens.

From the research I have done, the lumens need to be around 1000 - 1200, to be an equivalent to a 60 watt incandescent bulb.

Also, the temp should be around 3000k, to have an equivalent color to an incandescent bulb. 2700k will have more of a yellow(not much) hue. 6000k, more bright white with a blue hue.

I do want to check these out though. Hopefully, at this price, they will be close enough!

Prngr44 said:   I just bought a crapload of LEDs during the last 7.97 deal. Hopefully this deal is on in 20 years when these burn out.

Don't hold your breath waiting for those to last twenty years! When is the last time that you saw a LED traffic light last more than a few years? I have several
LED flashlights. None more than 5 years old. 3 already have at least 1 LED burnt out, and 1 has 3 of the 6 LEDs burnt out. Watch car brake lights when driving, and notice
if you see any with a LED burnt out.

The lifetime they give LEDs is the biggest crock of bull I have heard in a long time! In a perfect lab type set up, MAYBE LEDs last a long time, but not in the real world.

Skipping 88 Messages...
Listed as "inactive" at my local stores also. Wasn't able to find any in-store after a fairly significant search. Seems that HD is not going to continue selling these bulbs?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014