• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this at Lodi, Ca Costco. Was $329.99. Now $309.99 after $20 manufacturer's rebate. Comes with leather case.

Member Summary

Galaxy Tab 10.1
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this the Tab 2? Can it be used with a TMo SIM? Thanks!

If you do not have a Costco membership, don't have the time or want to save on gas money, here are some places that ship free for $20 more

here is the Costo link to order from their website

Costco Tab 2

Note: Costco's $20 instant Mfr rebate is subject to sales tax in some states

Egg Tab 2

Zon Tab 2

Costco appears to be $330??

In Lodi, it is $330 but there is an additional $20 off from the manufacturer. This price is different from the costco website. Final final is $309.99 + tax. Again YMMV depending on which costco I believe.

I saw this at the Sacramento Costco as well.

This price is good at all Costco's B&M. $330 is the regular price. For Black Friday, the discount was $50.

If you dont mind refurbs, WalMart.com has it in stock for $260.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-2-10.1-16GB-Titaniu...

Ok, seriously now - i know very little about android. Why would I want this over an iPad2 at the same price? I have a friend looking for tablet, and I know nothing but apple products. I would like to give objective feedback, so help me out.

Jeff, Android and Apple are very similar. This product uses a modified standard version of Android that has been altered by Samsung, however, it is still running Android. Aside from the Operating System, there are a few other differences between the iPad and this tablet. The most reliant difference that comes to my mind is that this tablet has a micro SD card slot and the iPad does not. What this allows you to do is bring your own content i.e. music, movies, documents, pictures and etc. over to the device without using the cloud. Or, if need be you can store certain applications on the SD card so that you don't use up all the space on the device. If you are truly experienced, you can use the SD Card slot to install other programs or Operating systems to the tablet. I'm not sure but I think this tablet also has an IR port on it (I'm too lazy to look at the setup right now). With this you can turn your tablet into an over sized remote control for your Tv, Blue Ray and other devices provided you can get the software for it in the Google Play Store.

Jeff, what are your friends needs for a tablet? Do they need a vast library of entertainment content? If they do, I would suggest getting an iPad. Android is getting there but Apple has many content creators currently under their thumb.

Hope this helps you and your friend in their decision.

Also, Jeff, if you can get a new iPad2 at this price, go for it.

Also, if you have cablevision and want the optimum app, it's only available for the iPad. I purchased the original galaxy tab instead of the iPad, and I regret it. Yes, and I'm anti apple.

Jeff36 said:   Ok, seriously now - i know very little about android. Why would I want this over an iPad2 at the same price? I have a friend looking for tablet, and I know nothing but apple products. I would like to give objective feedback, so help me out.

Got one, OP should add B&M only to the title. Not a great deal but for someone like me, I was ready to get the 7" ($169 at Costco B&M BTW) but at $309 it brought the price point to where I was looking.

thebigo said:   Got one, OP should add B&M only to the title. Not a great deal but for someone like me, I was ready to get the 7" ($169 at Costco B&M BTW) but at $309 it brought the price point to where I was looking.

Plus this comes with a leather pouch, a $30 value, so that makes this a pretty good deal on a highly rated device.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014