• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

photo
Disclaimer
This is the cheapest I could find and arguably the best software out there. I only used active webcam but a few reviews by folks in the security industry said it had more features than what they used at work. It supports 64 camera at a time and more camera models according to some reviews too.

A couple folks said it was a bit more complicated to set up, but that is just the give and take for more features.

Go here,

Foscam Blue Iris

and use the 20% off coupon code NEW YEAR to get it for $38.21.

The activation code didn't arrive with my email, but they say they ship next business day and the software is full featured for 15 days, so aside from a minor nag screen and a demo tag across the image, you can get things going right away and activate once you get the code.

TEXT FROM LINK ABOVE:

Blue Iris is a security software program that allows you to keep an eye on your home, place of business, cars, and valuables; watch your pets or your kids; monitor your nanny, babysitter, or employees. Watch your door for mail, packages or visitors. Use motion detection, audio detection, or capture continuously. Receive alerts via loudspeaker, e-mail, instant messaging, or phone.

Features Include:
Use motion or audio sensing to trigger recording, or record continuously or periodically.
Overlay the current date/time as well as a logo or other information
Optionally record audio
Use a timer to determine when the system is armed
Images may be captured as either JPEG images, MPEG movies or Windows Media movies (full version)
Receive alerts via loudspeaker, email, instant message, voice phone call (with automatic redial), or external program/script
Run Blue Iris as a Windows service so that only you have control over its operation on a shared PC
All passwords are stored encrypted
64 channel recording
H.264 video compression
Receive alerts via e-mail, text message, or phone
Motion and audio triggered recording
Audio recording options available
Built-in web-server for web-casting all cameras simultaneously, digital zoom and pan/tilt
All passwords are stored encrypted

Shipping:
Product is immediately available via download
Product license key for the professional version

Support:
Step-by-step setup instructions
Community support forms
Full technical support by our support team via email

Member Summary

Foscam Blue Iris
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How many PCs can I activate this software with one license key?

Thanks. Got 1. This is the best software on he market for its price.

per Amazon review:

software license is for ONE HOST COMPUTER. But Blue Iris has a built in Web Server that allows you to access your cameras, view recorded clips, control PTZ on equiped cameras, through the host computer.

The Blue Iris Web Server feature allows you to create an Intranet and/or Internet home page right on your own PC. You can use this server to view your cameras and recordings from another PC in your home or office, or from anywhere in the world. When you first install Blue Iris, the web server is enabled, and is configured for local network (Intranet) use.

Anyone get their code yet who ordered over since this was posted ?

Finally sent a email off to foscam, and had my code about 10 minutes later.

littleswallow said:   How many PCs can I activate this software with one license key?

From the FAQ:

Can I Use Blue Iris On Multiple Computers?

Unfortunately you cannot, your Blue Iris key can only be linked to one computer at a time. Thus if you need to use Blue Iris on multiple computers, you will have to purchase additional keys for each computer.

You can also disable the key from your current computer if you'd simply like to move the software to another computer.

Keep in mind that Foscam didn't write BI, they resell it. You can usually find a BI Pro key floating on the 'bay' for $37 to $40 for the key.

What Is Blue Iris?

Blue Iris is an advanced, third party software that allows for many features not present within the embedded Foscam IP Camera software. For instance, Blue Iris is compatible with almost all IP camera brands, which can be utilized together with Foscam cameras. Some notable features include pinpoint-zoned motion detection, ability to record in H.264 video compression for smaller file sizes, and a very accurate scheduler for all cameras. Blue Iris even has the ability to remotely reset your cameras on a certain time interval.

We offer Blue Iris here on our website at a special discounted price, you can view Blue Iris in further detail on their website.

Also, be sure you check out the similar open source program ISpy. Linky-poo They charge per month for SMS nessages and remote access, but otherwise it is free.

Just FYI, it is available on eBay for $37.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014