• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

store sign
Disclaimer
There was a sign in my store. Buy an Ink and Toner Savings Pass for $15 and get 10% off all ink and toner purchases until 5/31/14. That's 14 months!

Member Summary

Printer ink
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

14 months of overpaying by 50% and then getting a 10% discount. Ain't nobody got time for that. Although the $15 upfront gimmick is pretty crafty.

AM and cashier both told me about it. Reminds me of the BTS pass. Waste of money for anyone here.

my4mainecoons said:   AM and cashier both told me about it. Reminds me of the BTS pass. Waste of money for anyone here.Yep unless you buy a lot of over priced ink. If all I have to do is spend $30+ in ink twice a year for the new recycling program, one is spending $15 for a $6+ discount. Even a third purchase in 14 months leaves you $6 short of breaking even. $15 for a $9+ discount with 3 purchases of $30+. BTS pass never panned out for most either. Even with 3 $50 plus purchases for double promos with 3 purchases it is barely break even. Pass on the Ink Pass.

looks like Staples new business is to sell coupons? trying to get the eBay coupon business?

I had an automatic HP ink discount at the register for like the last year or so. Got it during a ink purchase + recycling promo. Anyone know if that is still enabled? It was only 10% I think, but no cost to get it.

would it stack with promos like 20% bag?

Yes, the HP 10% instant discount is still in effect (until June 30th, 2013) and Yes, it does stack with the 20% bag discount. Sweet.

Here's the fine print from the email I got about it on 2/13/13.

10% instant discount valid through 06/30/13. Customer must use their eligible Rewards number when making purchase to receive 10% instant discount. 10% instant discount is valid in Staples« U.S. stores, online at Staples.com« or by phone at 1-800-333-3330. The 10% instant savings on HP ink and toner purchases is valid on regularly priced HP ink or toner purchases only. 10% instant discount is in addition to your current Staples Rewards« benefit. Discount is not applicable to prior purchases. Staples reserves the right to change these promotion details at any time. Staples Rewards are issued online monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Rewards expire no less than 60 days after issuance. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per customer, and receive $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. We will recycle additional cartridges but Rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per customer. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued online monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. Additional accounts will be cancelled. For full program details, visit StaplesRewards.com.

Hope this helps,
Glen

c3688t said:   I had an automatic HP ink discount at the register for like the last year or so. Got it during a ink purchase + recycling promo. Anyone know if that is still enabled? It was only 10% I think, but no cost to get it.Just check online by seeing the price for HP inks. You need to be logged in with an account having your rewards number with the discount. If you still have the 10% discount you will see the ink price discounted. I still have it although it should have ended for me on 11/30/12. Some have lost it and some did the promo later and will still have it until 6/30/13.

You can only use the Ink & Toner Savings Pass ONCE per day. It doesn't say it on the card but I tried it twice and they wouldn't take it. I called and the CSR confirmed it is once per day.

Glen

gfriedman1 said:   You can only use the Ink & Toner Savings Pass ONCE per day. It doesn't say it on the card but I tried it twice and they wouldn't take it. I called and the CSR confirmed it is once per day.

Probably to prevent people stationing themselves near the ink aisle and offering to let others use their card for a few bucks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014