• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Tablet PC 10.1-Inch TF700T-B1-GR ,
Regular price 499, Current Price $439.00, 10% off use "VMEPROMOMAR13"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230481&...

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just got one of these last week. very nice tablet, though sadly I paid a little more at Amazon.

That is a good buy have you actually used this ASUS tablet how did it perform compared to others?

I purchased the TF700T in Dec and have been disappointed. It is laggy under ICS. After JB update, it was a little snappier, but often crashed when watching youtube or locally stored videos for 10-30 minutes, and browsing with Chrome while listening to Pandora for 10-30 minutes. I tried multiple factory resets and cold boots, but it still occurs. Just RMA'd it to ASUS.
Both my Samsung Galaxy S3 (T999) and Tab 7 Plus work way better on ICS and JB.

I haven't had any of those problems ,but have only had the Asus for a week or so. I've used it to watch videos on Netflix without any issues. It updated to Jelly Bean right after I got it.
I have been using an original Samsung Galaxy 10.1, which I have really enjoyed, for almost two years. The Asus high definition screen is beautiful. It seems pretty sturdy, with the aluminum body and it's nice having the slot for the micro sd card. The tablet is noticeably faster, I assume because of the faster quad-core processor. Battery life is not as good, but still I think about 9 hours.
I also got the keyboard which adds some weight but also some battery life. Turns it into more or less a netbook.
At $400 it's a good deal for sure.

Bought this for my wife as a Christmas gift. Great screen, fast, thin and well made. The body is sleek and sexy (like the wife and no kids, no pics) with the aluminum body giving it a good feel. The optional keyboard fits perfectly and is very functional and comfortable. Heck of a deal for $400. I just might buy one for myself as she doesn't like to let me play with it.

theblenny said:   I just might buy one for myself as she doesn't like to let me play with it.

Must...resist...

Mine had severe backlight bleed and was noticeably choppy during browsing. The build quality and slow internal memory are the two main complaints about the tablet, and I experienced both of those.

I ended up returning it...

Overpriced for what you get... There are Chinese made Android tablets for half the price with excellent build quality and performance.

dkreviews said:   Overpriced for what you get... There are Chinese made Android tablets for half the price with excellent build quality and performance.

Please give details..

Any particular model you recommend?

I'm typing on mine just now.

While I have mine set up with data2SD from the XDA forums, which alleviates a lot of the browser lag, I'm not sure I'd recommend it over the current crop of top android tablets out there in this size range, unless you're going for the keyboard convertability. YMMV, but the browser lag and other I/O slowdown put the performance of this thing more in line with a $400 tablet than its current retail pricing and nice spec sheet would suggest. With the OS basically loaded/pointed to a fast SD card, however, you get back some of the performance you're paying for...and browser2ram is another option (but doesn't give you back all the performance in applications other than web browsing).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014