• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Free s/h codes.

I'm in the market for a blender, after decided on a Vitamix, I found this deal~
I did a quick search and did not find any vitamix posts.

I made my decision to buy this unit based on this article.

This is VitaMix's newest machine with a shorter and wider jar to fit under cabinets,more HP and less noisy.

Vitamix Certified Reconditioned machines deliver first-class blending performance, along with tremendous value. Our reconditioned packages are designed to extend the most savings to you.

Certified Reconditioned Next Generation blenders may reflect one of the following labels: 7500, Professional Series 300, or Creations Elite.

Accompanied by our Simply Fresh cookbook package, compact soft-grip 64-ounce container, and Tamper

Backed by our 5-year full warranty with industry-leading coverage.

Member Summary

VitaMix Blender (40.40kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
good info, but the bit about a vitamix being the best investment toward your personal health is horseshit, pardon my fre... (more)

dealmaster00 (Mar. 11, 2013 @ 11:08a) |

Keep in mind that Costco also has a Blendtec bundle with blender/regular pitcher/Wildside pitcher for $399. It now comes... (more)

ziolo (Mar. 11, 2013 @ 11:35a) |

Costco is the best place to buy something like this because of the return policy. Just my opinion.

DavidScubadiver (May. 06, 2013 @ 10:04a) |

Staff Summary

Good deal. I ordered one myself on 2/21 and am still waiting on tracking info for the shipment. Unless you pay for the expedited shipping do not expect it to come quickly.

I think Costco sells one for 379 normally. Not sure if a lot diff from this one

mmyk72 said:   I think Costco sells one for 379 normally. Not sure if a lot diff from this one

new or reconditioned?

usadaytrader said:   mmyk72 said:   I think Costco sells one for 379 normally. Not sure if a lot diff from this one

new or reconditioned?

New

$400 for a refurbed unit seems like a ripoff to me. As was stated, you can get new ones at Costco for the same price if not less.

FWIW, you can also get a two jar Blendtec for less which comes with a Wildside jar...which makes a really big difference in my experience. Both fantastic machines, but this really isn't a deal.

**edit** These suckers are $500 on Costco's website. Did they recently jump up $100 in price?

no the $379 model is a different unit

Ice cold deal..

I've been keeping my eye on this blender for a while, this is actually a good deal, refurb or not. The stout size makes all the difference, and is also more expensive typically. I bought one, and now I can finally remove my price alert for Vitamix I've had on for a couple years now (always been poor timing when deals happen).

ProppaT said:   $400 for a refurbed unit seems like a ripoff to me. As was stated, you can get new ones at Costco for the same price if not less.
FWIW, you can also get a two jar Blendtec for less which comes with a Wildside jar...which makes a really big difference in my experience. Both fantastic machines, but this really isn't a deal.
**edit** These suckers are $500 on Costco's website. Did they recently jump up $100 in price?

The new ones at Costco are a different model. They are the 5200 with both a wet and dry jar for $499. The blender in this deal with from the 7500 series and normally retails for $529. It has a different jar as was mentioned, and a new motor design that is quieter (which is a large plus for a lot of people). The cooling fan for the motor also runs at all speeds on the 7500, as opposed to just on high speed for the 5200. In theory this should extended the blender's life.

So basically you save $130 from retail for this model, and only give up 2 years of warranty (5 instead of 7 for a new unit). If you don't need the 7500, Vitamix also has the 5200 reconditioned for only $329. While a $400 blender is not for everyone, I would think those in the market for one would find this to be a good deal.

I love VitaMix. Back in the early 70's I purchased one and it still works.

What is with this part?:

Certified Reconditioned Next Generation blenders may reflect one of the following labels: 7500, Professional Series 300, or Creations Elite.

So we don't know which one we'd be getting?

They are all have the same base. When brand new, the only difference are warranty length, pitcher size, and accessories. But for refurb, all have same pitcher and warranty length.

Dbl post

If only they had a single serving cups, I'd be into it. So far I have to stick with my Ninja with super leaky to-go lids..

I just ordered one for $399. They said 8-15 business days for shipping. Seems like a very long time.

Please try calling them: I called them to ask for a price on refurbished, and said "i will have to think about it..", CS person offered it for $350 + free shipping + spatulas and cutting board + Seven Year warranty...

Vitamix is the best investment towards your personal health. I use it 2-3 times a day. You can make all kinds of stuff but I use it mainly to make green smoothies since the darn thing turns veggies into microparticles; also does the same with flexseeds and strawberry seeds...

you can also just throw peanuts in the blender & you get natural pb without all the harsh chemicals. this thing has so much potential

Longhorn2k4 said:   Please try calling them: I called them to ask for a price on refurbished, and said "i will have to think about it..", CS person offered it for $350 + free shipping + spatulas and cutting board + Seven Year warranty...

Vitamix is the best investment towards your personal health. I use it 2-3 times a day. You can make all kinds of stuff but I use it mainly to make green smoothies since the darn thing turns veggies into microparticles; also does the same with flexseeds and strawberry seeds...

you can also just throw peanuts in the blender & you get natural pb without all the harsh chemicals. this thing has so much potential

No luck on the price reduction.. Any one else had better luck ?

blazer09 said:   I just ordered one for $399. They said 8-15 business days for shipping. Seems like a very long time.It is a long time. I finally got mine last Friday. Total time was 14 days from when I placed the order. It seems processing time is what takes so long, the actual deliver only took two days once I got the tracking number.

Longhorn2k4 said:   Please try calling them: I called them to ask for a price on refurbished, and said "i will have to think about it..", CS person offered it for $350 + free shipping + spatulas and cutting board + Seven Year warranty...

good info, but the bit about a vitamix being the best investment toward your personal health is horseshit, pardon my french. you certainly do not need a blender to eat whole foods and fruits and veggies - you are just feeding into their marketing machine.

btw you don't need a $400 blender to make peanut butter, a $30 food processor will do the trick quite nicely. i just did it 2 weeks ago in one, peanut butter came out great.

Keep in mind that Costco also has a Blendtec bundle with blender/regular pitcher/Wildside pitcher for $399. It now comes with an 8 year warranty.

High end blenders are awesome. Massively powerful and commercial-spec. Starbucks uses the same blender in "EZ Blender" form at a lot of their stores. Pre-programmed to make perfect smoothies in little more time than it takes to toss the ingredients into the picther. It may not be the "best" investment for your personal health, but it's up there.

Costco is the best place to buy something like this because of the return policy. Just my opinion.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014