• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You can get a surface pro for as low as $824 after coupon code 70847 online or 67900 in store.
You can make this even better by trading in an old working laptop of any age for $100 or a newer one for up to $400.
Details at at tradeuptotouch.com.
Fatwallet or ebates Cash Back.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Microsoft Surface Pro
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

SO not hot....

It's a slick device! But by the time you buy all the necessary accessories (i.e. keyboard and mouse!), you're looking at another couple hundred bucks. I think the pricing pressure should get this down into the affordable zone (at least for me) by Fall, maybe Christmas.

If you actually if you get $100 for any laptop that makes even buying a touch laptop or surface a pretty good deal. I know I have a really old college laptop that still runs but would never use I might have to do this.

matt1564 said:   It's a slick device! But by the time you buy all the necessary accessories (i.e. keyboard and mouse!), you're looking at another couple hundred bucks. I think the pricing pressure should get this down into the affordable zone (at least for me) by Fall, maybe Christmas.

I have a surface with a keyboard and I'll admit the keyboard for the surface is probably overpriced for what it is. But you don't have to have a keyboard or a mouse to be able to use this device. I would recommend not buying either and using the device without them. I find most of the time I have the keyboard flipped around backwards anyways.

how the heck did they expect people to be able to type on that thing...

Why the red for OP? The prices are $75 less than MSRP for a product that has sold (out) quite well, and it seems like trading a junker laptop would sweeten the deal nicely. If you're going to bag on the deal, you ought to be giving a reason for it.

Really don't understand the Surface hate. It's a slick unit, I just got the 128GB and love it. Perfect? No. But having the full Windows experience (including full USB support) makes this much, much superior to the iPad 128GB I just gave up.

you don't get to label the title as HOT

Thanks - going to return the one I got from best buy and pick it up here - saved me 75$!

skh12 said:   you don't get to label the title as HOT

I long for the day that people here vote on deals based on whether or not a deal is actually good (which this one IS), and not based on how much they liked OP's description. The product wouldn't be any cheaper if OP hadn't written "HOT" in the title.

The Surface is a great product... at $200

good deal OP. In for 1 as I need a more portable laptop for my international travels. Thanks again!

Bizatch said:   The Surface is a great product... at $200

This is actually true. An ultrabook running full Windows 8 in tablet form for $200? That would be an amazing deal.

elBulli said:   Bizatch said:   The Surface is a great product... at $200

This is actually true. An ultrabook running full Windows 8 in tablet form for $200? That would be an amazing deal.

While that WOULD be an amazing deal I think the post you responded to was meant to say the Surface would only be a good product if it were priced at that $200 mark. Of course since this is the Surface Pro version I guess that means iPads should be priced at around $125 - $150 as they're far more limited tablets. Naturally these are all fantasyland prices because as we know, neither Apple nor MS will be dropping prices that low for a long, long time.

Returned mine. The kickstand angle is terrible. It's only one angle and is too steep. I prefer the display to be tilted more than it is.

That and my X230 + T420s were cheaper than the 128 Pro itself. Got both used ($540 for the X230, $400 for the T420s). Infinitely more useful and just as portable. Don't need the wacom pen on the road (have a wacom tablet attachment at my desk).

Just wait on Haswell v.2 and hope they tweak the ergonomics of the stand, IMO. Just not ready yet. Typical 1st gen product.

I love my surface and just like every other first gen product. The 2nd and 3rd iteration of it will be better then the last. Microsoft has alreasy said they will continue to develop it along with new phones. SO I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with the next version.

The trade-in offer is NOT good on laptops.

Laptops, Desktops, Workstations and Tablets not listed below are not accepted for trade in.

Any Netbook/Any Notebook (any age) $100
Any Notebook (up to 4 years old)/Any Apple iPad (1st generation) $150
Any Notebook powered by an Intel i3 or AMD A6 processor/Any Apple iPad mini/Any Apple iPad (2nd or 3rd generation) $200
Any Notebook powered by an Intel i5 or AMD A8 or A10 processor/Any Apple iPad (4th generation) $300
Any Notebook powered by an Intel i7 or AMD FX processor/Any Apple Macbook (up to 4 years old)
Any Apple Macbook Air/Any Apple Macbook Pro (up to 4 years old) $400

also,
-- "It should be working (including power supply and battery), and clear of your personal data."
--"If any of the items required to make your trade in device fully operational are missing from the package received or if the trade in device is not qualifying,
you may receive a revised valuation by email or your claim may be rejected."

Android comes for free but not windows. You cant get a windows powered tablet in $200.

Uh, Surface Pro doesn't meet the battery life spec for an Ultrabook... I'm thinking an i3 or underclocked i5 with no fan would make this a better product (and more competitive with ultrabooks).

$200 is a silly price target for Surface Pro, though, just as MacBook Air pricing is (with keyboard). $800-900 with keyboard and the aforementioned power/heat dissipation addressed and I could see some significant uptake in the market.

* A little research; 13W CPUs just came online, so hopefully they plan to dump the 17W i5 in a hurry.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014