• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Details
Disclaimer
Received an email from Staples saying "Get up to $400 in prepaid visa card when you upgrade to a touchscreen computer*"

* - Ends 4/27/13. Valid in store, online or by phone. Limit 5 per household. Receive up to a $400 Visa prepaid card when you trade in your old computer after purchasing a new touch-screen computer regularly priced $350 or more. To qualify, trade-in computer must be no more than 5 years old, have a working A/C adapter included, have an undamaged screen and battery and must power on when received. Trade-in computer must be registered at www.tradeupandrecycle.com/touchcomputer within 14 days of purchase. Trade-ins are processed by a third-party recycler unaffiliated with Staples. Not valid on prior purchases. See www.tradeupandrecycle.com for more details.

Not sure what qualifies for $400 visa card. I guess the third party vendor decides card amount? Anyone has any experience/guidelines as to what kind of laptop qualifies and what are recycle amounts?

NM, found list of qualified laptops here:

Link at tradein site

If you are buying a touchscreen computer, this may benefit you. With $75 coupon on laptops this week, this amy become a hot deal for someone.

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Anyone ever done this from Staples but return the computer that was bought? I'm about to buy a laptop for my mom but no... (more)

Deetz (Apr. 12, 2013 @ 10:30a) |

Beware. I recently participated in a same offer a month or so back on the purchase of a surface pro. I sent them a fully... (more)

closenough (Apr. 12, 2013 @ 1:09p) |

A good used laptop screen can easily fetch close to $100 on eBay.

VerbalK (Apr. 12, 2013 @ 1:32p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That's the wrong trade-up link you have in the OP. Should be https://tradeuptotouch.com/

Details on what trade-ins get what cash are at https://tradeuptotouch.com/tablet/qualifying-tradeins

comprx said:   That's the wrong trade-up link you have in the OP. Should be https://tradeuptotouch.com/. Details on what trade-ins get what cash are at https://tradeuptotouch.com/tablet/qualifying-tradeins.

Thanks. comprx. I just found the correct link also and added to OP.

In other words, you can sell it for much more on your own.

On Tablet's only iPads can be traded in. No go with Android Tablets...

Mine is over 5 years old.. I bought my current laptop in July 2006

On the webpages, it says you get $100 for any laptop or desktop.. regardless of the age.

try it boys!

If you take advantage of this offer make sure that you take some pictures of the laptop in working condition and without damage as proof. I sent in an old Dell back when they did this last time and the company didn't allow the full amount although it meet their criteria. They claimed it had damage on the corner when it arrived. After me calling and telling them I had pictures to prove there was no damage, they gave me the full amount.

Do any one know if we send the laptop and for some reason it is either not working condition or damage, do they send it back free shipping ?

why I ask is, i have a laptop that has a rare problem which shows weird colors on the screen and if unfortunately it happens during their testing, then do they reject and resend my laptop back?

Note, the computer that you purchase has to be a windows touch screen.

you sure about the desktop thing? i have a 9 years old desktop

KayK said:   On the webpages, it says you get $100 for any laptop or desktop.. regardless of the age.

https://tradeuptotouch.com/tablet/qualifying-tradeins
It says that for laptops and netbooks but not for desktops. In fact, there is not a single qualifying desktop listed here even if it's cutting edge:
Any Netbook $100
Any Notebook (any age)
Any Notebook (up to 4 years old) $150
Any Apple iPad (1st generation)
Any Notebook powered by an Intel i3 or AMD A6 processor $200
Any Apple iPad mini
Any Apple iPad (2nd generation)
Any Apple iPad (3rd generation)
Any Notebook powered by an Intel i5 or AMD A8 or A10 processor $300
Any Apple iPad (4th generation)
Any Notebook powered by an Intel i7 or AMD FX processor $400
Any Apple Macbook (up to 4 years old)
Any Apple Macbook Air
Any Apple Macbook Pro (up to 4 years old)

dks123 said:   comprx said:   That's the wrong trade-up link you have in the OP. Should be https://tradeuptotouch.com/. Details on what trade-ins get what cash are at https://tradeuptotouch.com/tablet/qualifying-tradeins.

Thanks. comprx. I just found the correct link also and added to OP.
You still have the wrong tradeupandrecycle.com link in the quoted (I assume) terms in the main post.

ETA: Oops, never mind. It is now redirecting from that link to the current deal.

They only mentioned Any Notebook (any age) - $100. But also said "Laptops, Desktops, Workstations and Tablets not listed above are not accepted for trade in.".
What's the difference between Notebook and Laptops on their post?

I just got the answer from "Trade up & Recycle" - Notebook is just the term we use for laptops, as long as your laptop is in working condition it can be accepted within this promotion.
It's great I have a very old laptop but it's in working condition.

So recommendations on a light notebook that qualifies? Have a couple of netbooks that are starting to collect dust.

So, what's considered as working? Just the shows it boots up or do they check for "fully" working?

optical said:   So, what's considered as working? Just the shows it boots up or do they check for "fully" working?

They do check the machine. I did one of these a while back and it did make sense rather than selling the machine. There was a single rubber arrow key missing.They tried to jam me up and pay alot less. I said no way, I want the thing returned. They emailed me that they would now pay the full amount of what I was due. Whatever was done with that machine they would have been able to replace the key with a cheap replacement part. It does take a little time for the confirm on this, but I got paid.

For those with more than one laptop or computer around, the following applies:

The Promotion is limited to only five prepaid cards per customer, but only one prepaid card per device.

rvm said:   For those with more than one laptop or computer around, the following applies:

The Promotion is limited to only five prepaid cards per customer, but only one prepaid card per device.

Anyone know if this means I can trade in 5 old laptops from one new laptop purchased? If so, $500 off isn't a bad deal to buy a new laptop...

From the Staples Website: https://tradeuptotouch.com/tablet/terms-conditions
For your trade in device to qualify for the full amount, it must be fully operational, include the main battery and power supply, must not be permanently marked or defaced, it must be complete and undamaged (reasonable wear & tear accepted) and be one of the following models:
$100 Reward, Qualifying Trade-in Device
Any Netbook
Any Notebook/Laptop (any age)
$150 Reward, Qualifying Trade-in Device
Any Notebook/Laptop (up to 4 years old)
Any Apple iPad (1st generation)
$200 Reward, Qualifying Trade-in Device
Any Notebook/Laptop powered by an Intel i3 or AMD A6 processor
Any Apple iPad mini
Any Apple iPad (2nd generation)
Any Apple iPad (3rd generation)
Any Apple MacBook (any age)
$300 Reward, Qualifying Trade-in Device
Any Notebook/Laptop powered by an Intel i5 or AMD A8 or A10 processor
Any iPad (4th generation)
$400 Reward, Qualifying Trade-in Device
Any Notebook/Laptop with Intel i7 / AMD FX
Any Apple Macbook (up to 4 years old)
Any Apple Macbook Air
Any Apple Macbook Pro (up to 4 years old)

robertw477 said:   optical said:   So, what's considered as working? Just the shows it boots up or do they check for "fully" working?

They tried to jam me up and pay alot less. I said no way, I want the thing returned. They emailed me that they would now pay the full amount of what I was due. Whatever was done with that machine they would have been able to replace the key with a cheap replacement part. It does take a little time for the confirm on this, but I got paid.

I just got the same response from them. My netbook I sent was over 3 years old, but still in great shape. They are trying to give me $75 instead of the full $100 because it was "scratched" and "discolored."

The funniest part was they started the email with "Please reply if want us to send it back..." then at the bottom of the email it said "This is an automated email. Please do not reply."

I found their generic "help@..." email address and sent my reply requesting the full amount.

We'll see what happens...

Trade
Disclaimer
This outfit is REAL shady. After I submitted the form online with a PDF of my Staples.com confirmation email, I received an email from them stating the submission is invalid because the the Staples email is not acceptable. I replied with a screen shot from their website that said the confirmation email is valid proof and they approved it. The screenshot is attached if anyone needs it.

DTKim said:   rvm said:   For those with more than one laptop or computer around, the following applies:

Anyone know if this means I can trade in 5 old laptops from one new laptop purchased? If so, $500 off isn't a bad deal to buy a new laptop...

Does it mean only one prepaid card per device traded-in, or per device purchased?

In other words, can 5 devices be traded-in against a single purchase?

I have an inspiron 17r with the first gen i5. Paid 450 3 years ago. Supposedly can get 300 for it now. That's not terrible... Hmm

I have a bunch of old laptops I would love to trade in. The question is, are there any good deals on buying a touch screen laptop?

Anyone ever done this from Staples but return the computer that was bought? I'm about to buy a laptop for my mom but not totally sure she's gonna like it.

Should I wait to submit until the decision to keep is confirmed?

Beware. I recently participated in a same offer a month or so back on the purchase of a surface pro. I sent them a fully functional HP notebook that they have evaluated as "DOA" without any further explanation. The $100 for "any notebook" became $50 take-it-or-leave-it.

A good used laptop screen can easily fetch close to $100 on eBay.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014