• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Same lens is around $400 elsewhere. Great inexpensive second lens for sports and wildlife photography. f/4 is not great for low light, but what do you expect at this price?

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/nikon-af-s-nikkor-55-300mm-f-4-5-6g-...

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping coupons that earn Up to 10.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nikon 55-300 VR DX SLR (146.74kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Getting red from the Canon fan boys?

My only concern is that this might be a "grey market" lens. Anyone have experience buying camera lenses from Buy.com/Rakuten.com to deny or confirm?

Not even f/4
lens clearly show f/4.5-f/5.6

KayK said:   Not even f/4
lens clearly show f/4.5-f/5.6

Depends on which lens you're talking about They have a 55-220 VR lens, a 55-200 non-VR lens, and 55-300 VR lens all pictured in the same ad...
The also spend more real estate on a nylon cord with a sticky pad at the end and q-tips than they do the glass. May all be legit, but buyer beware IMO.

I have had some bad experience with Buy.com with "grey" market stuff. I had some Seinhauser headphones with an obvious Chinese SN (looked it up and verified) and Buy.com wouldn't even entertain the idea. I would've informed Seinhauser and pressed the issue more but I had been deployed and the headphones were more than 3 years old. I am wary...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014