• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For employees of eligible organizations (Long list below), proof of employment required.

Price w/o phone $29.99/mo, I got it a few days ago (did not yet get the bill), free installation (you might have to call customer service later to waive any fees that appear on the bill), no contract. Price guaranteed for 36 months. A $9.99 broadband processing fee upon disconnection of service applies.

The Wifi router it comes with has an amazing range.

http://www.frontierforhome.com/affinity/

From the site:
Through our FLEX Program, if you work at one of the many large employer Eligible Organizations, you’re entitled to exclusive offers and discounts on select Frontier services.*

Get FiOS® Internet up to 15Mbps for just $19.99/month with qualifying phone bundle. No contract required. 3-year price guarantee. Call today for details!

Eligible Organizations:
Aerojet; Alcoa; AT&T; Battelle/PNNL; Bechtel; BE Meyers; Boise Cascade; BP Cherry Point Refinery; Central Washington Hospital; CH2M Hill PRC; City of Everett; City of La Grande; Community Colleges: Cascadia, Bellevue, Everett, Shoreline, Edmonds; Con Agra; Costco; Darigold; Digipen – Tech School; Eastern Oregon University; Eddie Bauer; Edmonds School District; Energy Northwest; Everett Clinic; Federal Government; FEMA; Fluke – Danaher; Fluor Hanford; Fred Meyer; Google; Grande Ronde Hospital; Group Health; Haggen, Inc.; Honeywell; Island County; Janicki Industries; Kadlec Medical Center; Kennewick General Hospital; Kennewick School District; Lake WA School District; Lake WA Technical School; Naval Air Station Whidbey Island; Nooksack Tribe; Nordstrom; Northshore School District; Northwood Industries; Panasonic; PeaceHealth; Philips; Providence; QFC; REI; Richland School District; safeway School Districts: Everett, Redmond, Mukilteo, Marysville, Stanwood, Lake Stevens, Mt. Vernon, Ferndale, Oak Harbor, Sedro- Wooley, Burlington, Coupeville; Skagit County; Skagit Valley College Skagit Valley Regional Hospital and Clinics; Snohomish County; State of Oregon; State of Washington; Stemilt Growers; Stewart Title; Swinomish Tribe; Terrex; The Markets, LLC; Town Auto Group; Trident Seafoods; Tulalip Tribe; Union County; Union County School Districts; Union Pacific Railroad; UPS; URS – Washington Division; UW University; VMC; Volt Technical; Wal-Mart; Washington Closure Hanford; Washington River Protection; Wenatchee Valley Medical Center; Weyerhaeuser; Whatcom County; Zones;

Member Summary

FIOS Internet
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
In Frontier territories only.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What's interesting about this is it says -> Offers also available to Costco members/card holders.

Anybody have any experience with FIOS that can tell me if it's any good?

Neppem said:   What's interesting about this is it says -> Offers also available to Costco members/card holders.

We use to have Fios internet. The quality was good but they could never get our bill right.

But has anyone got this deal outside these 2 areas? Here in NoVA the cheapest plan is $75 a month for just internet. I would switch back to Fios for $29 a month, that and getting the bill right.

I'm a current FIOS customer in Washington state and I love the service. I tried to get this discount and they said it was for business customers only, not residential. So if you are an existing "residential" customer, looks like you can't get the discount, unfortunately.

Marlin1975 said:   Neppem said:   What's interesting about this is it says -> Offers also available to Costco members/card holders.

We use to have Fios internet. The quality was good but they could never get our bill right.
But has anyone got this deal outside these 2 areas? Here in NoVA the cheapest plan is $75 a month for just internet. I would switch back to Fios for $29 a month, that and getting the bill right.

Two years ago, the FIOS did not send me $150 gift card promotion as promised. I terminated the service.
Comcast offers same speed for $45/m

johnemack said:   I'm a current FIOS customer in Washington state and I love the service. I tried to get this discount and they said it was for business customers only, not residential. So if you are an existing "residential" customer, looks like you can't get the discount, unfortunately.

tell them self employed.

I have Verizon Fios right now. can't wait till my contract is up so I can go with someone else. Super Expensive but when I sign up for the contract I spent weeks comparing all the provider and Verizon was the cheapest.

Anyway, FIOS have huge bandwidth... the ISP slow you down and I'm assuming to the speed you paid. What I find odd is when my power go out, but FIOS didn't. The backup battery builtin only power the "phone" part of FIOS but when plug into a UPS the web was back and running.

Lately RCN been sending down reps to my area (DC Metro area) and they said fios can be had as little as $10/month. can't find that on the website, but anyway I won't look into it until i'm closer to my contract date.

I called, if you're a costco member you also get a $50 bill credit on your second month's bill.

Not sure if it's available in my area but he'll call me back and we'll find out from there.

Thread subject, IMO, should be changed to:
*Frontier* FIOS (NOT VERIZON) Internet $30/month for eligible organizations in Seattle and Portland, no contract, YMMV
Frontier bought out parts of Verizon's rural network (details here), including some FIOS areas. This FIOS offer clearly is for Frontier service areas only, not Verizon.

I've had frontier Fios for almost a year now at a slightly higher price (~$32 a month) and I've had no problems with it. They did initially charge me an installation fee that they weren't suppose to so I had to call and ask about it and they credited it back to me. I also got a mailer about this offer a couple days ago and it didn't say anything about qualifying businesses. Unfortunately, when I called they said the $30 a month price was only good for new customers.

The only markets that Frontier serves with FIOS are Portland, Seattle, and Fort Wayne Indiana.

WorkerAnt said:   johnemack said:   I'm a current FIOS customer in Washington state and I love the service. I tried to get this discount and they said it was for business customers only, not residential. So if you are an existing "residential" customer, looks like you can't get the discount, unfortunately.

tell them self employed.

I have Verizon Fios right now. can't wait till my contract is up so I can go with someone else. Super Expensive but when I sign up for the contract I spent weeks comparing all the provider and Verizon was the cheapest.

Anyway, FIOS have huge bandwidth... the ISP slow you down and I'm assuming to the speed you paid. What I find odd is when my power go out, but FIOS didn't. The backup battery builtin only power the "phone" part of FIOS but when plug into a UPS the web was back and running.

Lately RCN been sending down reps to my area (DC Metro area) and they said fios can be had as little as $10/month. can't find that on the website, but anyway I won't look into it until i'm closer to my contract date.

Yea I live in NoVA and use Cox as Fios cost way to much, let alone the billing issues we had.

Verizon can take over the country if they offered this kind of pricing elsewhere...

I see quite a bit of confusion in this thread. FIOS didn't get the bill right, FIOS didn't send a gift card. FIOS is just a transport, different providers can mess things up but not FIOS itself.

As a technology, FIOS is great. I used Verizon FIOS 15/5 some time ago in VA and it was $50/month. In WA we're pretty much stuck with Comcast so this new alternative is great! I'm currently paying $29.99 for 20/4 so no reason to switch but if Comcast starts raising the price, I'll look into it. If it's available to Costco members, it's huge. Thanks OP!

Neppem said:   What's interesting about this is it says -> Offers also available to Costco members/card holders.

Where are you seeing "Offers also available to Costco members/card holders" mentioned?

I've looked all over and didn't see that only mentioned Costco as one of the participating employers.

I want to have something to reference to when I call them.

Thanks!

EDIT: Found it mentioned under Oregon-Portland market only. The other markets either only have Costco mentioned as the employer participating or don't have Costco listed at all. Anyone outside of Oregon-Portland market able to qualify as Costco member?

Called and they said it's only if you upgrade to a different package to get the discount for existing customers.

And since I can't find anything on the website that shows the $29.99 price for existing customers w/o upgrades or bundles as OP stated, wasn't able to lower the price on my existing 15/5 plan.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014