• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FREE Samsung T528G (Refurb) with purchase of any Unlimited Card Bundle

B]Offer not available in all areas

Free Phone W/card purchase

Straight Talk
See Straight Talk discounts that earn Up to 13.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsung T528g
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Would like to buy one

nilamcpherson (May. 23, 2013 @ 8:54p) |

Would like to buy one ymmv

nilamcpherson (May. 23, 2013 @ 8:56p) |

I would like a free phone

crystelleanderson (Jul. 18, 2013 @ 11:47a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

YMMV - not available in at least 3 zip codes I tried in central NJ. Also, it's probably a Sprint network phone.

Sorry,

added YMMV to heading.

This is a Great deal... I already have Straight Talk, so I'm buying a refill card anyway, and I get a free spare phone to sell or keep in case of emergency.

By the way, it is a GSM phone.

I found 45638 to be a valid zip, you may change this when ordering

rsuaver said:   YMMV - not available in at least 3 zip codes I tried in central NJ. Also, it's probably a Sprint network phone.

No, it's a GSM phone. All Trac's ending with a "G" are GSM models.

scatti said:   FREE Samsung T528G (Refurb) with purchase of any Unlimited Card Bundle

B]Offer not available in all areas

Free Phone W/card purchase

It's a valid deal....so why the red?

I'm not interested in a Sprint phone, but FYI it does work in the 65203 area code. Thanks OP

I was up for a refill on the 18th...

Somehow, this came out to 47.81, when my monthly refill is always 50.05 . Free phone and a cheaper refill.... I may order a few!

Will these phones work on my verizon plan?

No

If I purchase this package, does the free phone come with a Straight Talk SIM and can I use that SIM to use my T-Mobile branded Galaxy SIII instead of the new phone? The phone can be unlocked if necessary.

No, the phone does not come with a SIM that is usable in the BYOP program. Standard Straight Talk GSM phones have their own locked SIM card, you can't swap phones with them other than to other Straight Talk phones. The Nokia E71 is an exception, but otherwise, all Straight Talk GSM based phones have SIMs locked to that phone.

Ok, thanks for the reply! One more question, does anybody know if I can buy this bundle and then buy a Straight Talk SIM separately, then just keep the free phone for later and use the monthly card for my own BYOP phone?

This is really great forum..

Couple of questions
1. Can this phone be used with other GSM SIMs
2. Can this $45 be used with existing Straight Talk - ATT Service? - I think this is yes, but not sure.

1. Not sure probably need to be unlocked
2. Yes for sure

Beware of these non-smartphones on Straight Talk. They can be slow as hell. Check the reviews if you really want to use the phone for browsing. If you just want it for talk/text then don't worry about it.

Digame said:   Beware of these non-smartphones on Straight Talk. They can be slow as hell. Check the reviews if you really want to use the phone for browsing. If you just want it for talk/text then don't worry about it.

Not sure what you mean. This is a smartphone.

I bought one of these packages and only had phone service while going through Atlanta, GA and NO. data at all. It is supposed to work in Franklin NC at my house, but have had no service. Total waste of money in my opinion.

can i use the WIFI with NO service? and it's rated a SORTA smart phone.

This phone is a 3G pseudo-smart phone (it has many of the qualities of a smart phone but is technically not one because it lacks a few things, all of which I will mention) with a touch screen. The screen flips so it can be viewed horizontally or vertically in any screen/view, and texts can be done via regular virtual phone keys or a horizontal virtual keyboard. It is not loaded with apps, but has practical apps available from samsung... it doesn't have nearly the available apps of say an iPhone, which, while they are very very cool, especially things like, for instance, things from meditation breathing apps to transportation apps and dining/store finders/reviews, and apps that allow you to practically run full programs, etc., however, for the value, the apps available (some installed with the phone, others available via samsung) are within reason and, like I said, are predominately very practical ones, and it also has a sizable amount of game downloads as well, which run pretty well on this phone's CPU. It includes a decent but not an excellent browser, facebook app (w/facebook sync option), an MP3 player, voice recorder, downloadable games, email sync, etc., and, again, other samsung apps are available for download. It is bluetooth compatible, and has wifi (which works excellently - when I'm at home or somewhere with free wifi I have no problem using it so I don't use up any of my data plan, which, btw, the 3G data plan on Straight Talk for $30 is generous - one reviewer had a problem with the wifi but likely was not finding a close enough signal). It also has manageable widgets for your apps, and 3 home screens you can slide through, which you can customize each with whatever widgets you want as well as a different wallpaper/pics for each.

i want one

Deal is dead....

Checked out the link and there is no such deal anymore listed.

YankeeRedneck said:   Digame said:   Beware of these non-smartphones on Straight Talk. They can be slow as hell. Check the reviews if you really want to use the phone for browsing. If you just want it for talk/text then don't worry about it.

Not sure what you mean. This is a smartphone.

AND it's FREE...

Would like to buy one

Would like to buy one

Would like to buy one ymmv

I would like a free phone

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014