• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
WD Outlet currently has recertified WD TV Live boxes for $59.99.

http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/DisplayAccesory...

Buy 2 to take advantage of free shipping over $100

Use code WDCARES to knock an additional $15 off.

Final total $104.98.

Member Summary

WD TV Live Recertified
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks OP. Purchased 2 and received them today. Unfortunately they both boot up with the WD Live screen and then go bl... (more)

FastEddieG (Mar. 13, 2013 @ 10:06p) |

It actually worked good for me. I tried a few different HDMI cables and it was okay. Bought one for each of my girls t... (more)

MuffD (Mar. 14, 2013 @ 11:12a) |

Bought two and one boots to the WD start logo then goes blank, the other work perfectly though (love it btw). Hopefully ... (more)

Dissones4U (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 5:34p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why is this any better than a blu-ray player and PC? Just wondering.

I have 2 of these, one in my bedroom and one in the kids room. I stream movies from my home server. It s easier and cheaper than another computer.

Code "WDCARES" to knock an additional $15 off works only when purchasing two

It is better than a blu-ray player because of the multitude of formats it supports.

does any model support rmvb file format!?

I have never had trouble with any formats, avi works fine. I have never had a format problem, to be honest.

Any idea if this will play back .wtv recordings made from WMC in Windows 7? (currently using WMC to record Comcast cable content with HDHR Prime)

From what I can find, it seems like they need to be converted first.

how is this compares to the new WDTV play? http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=920

More robust than the WDTV play. And they still seem to be supporting it as I just got a firmware update the other day.

It might not play h.264 10bit format provably. It's a codec for PS3 only. Some japanese animation have been posted this format.

Good deal I just bought 2 with the $15 coupon and was going to post this deal but search and found this.

moyip said:   does any model support rmvb file format!?

None of them support rmvb which is popular in Asia.

But the home-brew firmware version seems to be able to. Go to their forum and read about it.

I bought 2 for a total cost of $111.80 including Florida sales tax.

Can you share a link? I cannot find it...

hkgfnt said:   
None of them support rmvb which is popular in Asia.

But the home-brew firmware version seems to be able to. Go to their forum and read about it.

Much appreciated OP, I've never really kept an eye out for this type of product but I've wanted one for a while now, so I snatched it up. In fact I bought two, with your rebate code the second one was just under $40 I think. Awesome!

Bought a pair last night for my daughters. I have the older versions (one with ethernet and one without) and those have played pretty much everything I've thrown at it.

Just left something in my shopping cart to long and went to close it. a WD pop-up window appeared offering free shipping which i took since i was only going to buy one. Maybe a strategy if you are only looking for one.

wsbrinser said:   Just left something in my shopping cart to long and went to close it. a WD pop-up window appeared offering free shipping which i took since i was only going to buy one. Maybe a strategy if you are only looking for one.

Thanks - worked for me

Thanks OP. Purchased 2 and received them today. Unfortunately they both boot up with the WD Live screen and then go blank. Tried both on 2 diff TVs with different HDMI cables. Read it could be HDMI, but I don't have the special composite cable to try any other connection type. Also tried resetting 1 sec and 10 secs with no luck. Hopefully yours work well with your TVs.

It actually worked good for me. I tried a few different HDMI cables and it was okay. Bought one for each of my girls to put in their rooms. Firmware update did take a long time even thought it was through ethernet.

Bought two and one boots to the WD start logo then goes blank, the other work perfectly though (love it btw). Hopefully they have a good RMA process since I only just plugged it in yet I bought on the 7th or so

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014