• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is a GREAT deal. Henckels have long been some of the best knives made and this is a great price on a decent sized set.

Link-a-zon

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Zwilling J.A. Henckels TWIN 8pc Block Set
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While I agree this is a great price on made in Germany Henckels I'm increasingly disappointed with the knives included in most bundles these days. Consumers often get caught up in the quality/number of knives without recognizing that they will never use many of the included knives. This bundle has the Chefs and paring knives which are a must in any kitchen. The rest however most all could live completely without. In no particular order most kitchens should have a chef's knife, parer, bread knife (this is also your tomato knife), slicer, honing steel, kitchen shears. I'll give you green for the price of this set but I don't recommend it for most households.

This set gives you the 4 most needed items you suggest and personally I prefer the Santoku to most uses over the chef's knife. Anyhow, even for the Chef's and Paring this is less than retail for those 2 alone. Gobble up my Fatwalleter's I have!

Just FYI these are stamped knives, not forged.

CptSavAHo said:   Just FYI these are stamped knives, not forged.Technically, they are forged, after started as stamped.

Having said that, here is an interesting article.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014