• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
S&W M&P9 Full-Size, No Thumb Safety
Model Number: 209301
Item Condition: Factory New

SOS Link

Meet the M&P from Smith & Wesson.

Reinforced polymer chassis, superior ergonomics, ambidextrous controls, proven safety features. The new standard in reliability when your job is to serve and protect and your life is on the line.

In the design of the M&P, the needs of military and law enforcement were considered from every conceivable angle. No other polymer pistol offers this combination of versatility, durability and safety.

ALL BACKED BY Smith & Wessons LIFETIME SERVICE POLICY.

Specifications:
• SKU: 209301
• Model: M&P9
• Caliber: 9mm
• Capacity: 17+1 Rounds
• Barrel Length: 4.25 in.
• Front Sight: White Dot Dovetail
• Rear Sight: Steel Low Profile Carry
• Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs.
• Trigger Travel: Rest to Fire .300 in.
• Trigger Reset: Approx. .140 in.
• Frame: Large
• Finish: Slide and Barrel Black Meloniteฎ, 68HRc
• Overall Length: 7.63 in. / 19.4 cm
• Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel/Slide and Structural Components
• Weight Empty (No Mag): 24.00 oz.
• Overall Height: 5.5 in. / 13.9 cm
• Width: 1.2 in.
• Sight Length: 6.4 in.
• Purpose: Personal Protection / Home Protection / Professional / Duty / Recreational / Competitive

Member Summary

Smith & Wesson M&P9
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great find, wonder how many mags this ships with

Should be two mags maxcom - the following link has a non-promotional picture:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&...

Besides that the "carry kit" models advertise one extra clip to make three in total. I ordered one before I posted, now I just need to see what my FFL has in the way of chamber locks since I'm in MD. Oh the games we play.

BTW - The full size M&P40 is in stock at the same price as well:

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/4896...

I bought the full size 40 a couple of weeks ago. Comes in plastic case with two mags. It's a great gun. Sportsman Outdoor Superstore shipped really fast too.

I have an M&P compact 9mm. It fits like a glove and is a great shooter. Can't go wrong with S&W.

Not bad.
Thank you OP

I have the .40 cal shield; feels great in the hand, but it took me quite a while to get the trigger pull down for accuracy. Just as much me as the gun I think, though (I'm a newer shooter). Very nice firearm, and I can't wait for my CCL to come in soon.

This is a great gun, but you should at least think about getting one with the safety. The gun is not double action. The trigger travel is fairly short (which is better for accuracy). I like the extra layer of safety on a gun I might be carrying on my hip with a round in the chamber. YMMV.

dogmeat said:   This is a great gun, but you should at least think about getting one with the safety. The gun is not double action. The trigger travel is fairly short (which is better for accuracy). I like the extra layer of safety on a gun I might be carrying on my hip with a round in the chamber. YMMV.Carry in a holster that covers the trigger. Problem solved.

M&P offers a military member (active, disabled, retired or reservist) a rebate of $50 on that pistol. http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_...

Ed

miizer said:   dogmeat said:   This is a great gun, but you should at least think about getting one with the safety. The gun is not double action. The trigger travel is fairly short (which is better for accuracy). I like the extra layer of safety on a gun I might be carrying on my hip with a round in the chamber. YMMV.Carry in a holster that covers the trigger. Problem solved.

Not problem solved by far. This is a huge concern if anyone wants to use this for concealed carry. Lawyers are very expensive!

Richardito said:   miizer said:   dogmeat said:   This is a great gun, but you should at least think about getting one with the safety. The gun is not double action. The trigger travel is fairly short (which is better for accuracy). I like the extra layer of safety on a gun I might be carrying on my hip with a round in the chamber. YMMV.Carry in a holster that covers the trigger. Problem solved.

Not problem solved by far. This is a huge concern if anyone wants to use this for concealed carry. Lawyers are very expensive!

You should be carrying an M&P shield anyway if you're gonna concealed carry, which has a thumb safety.

Yeah, certainly not a handgun optimized for concealed carry. If that was my intention, I think the Shield would be a great choice - or this:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_...

Richardito said:   miizer said:   dogmeat said:   This is a great gun, but you should at least think about getting one with the safety. The gun is not double action. The trigger travel is fairly short (which is better for accuracy). I like the extra layer of safety on a gun I might be carrying on my hip with a round in the chamber. YMMV.Carry in a holster that covers the trigger. Problem solved.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting, but having a safety doesn't have anything to do with concealing a pistol.

There's a reason why the Glock and M&P are the two pistols I most strongly recommend for people considering a pistol(contrasted with a revolver) for concealed carry. And the safety is it.

The Holster handles covering the trigger when it's not in your hand. And finger discipline covers the trigger when it is.

That's also why I'll be waiting for the Safetyless Shield before I buy one. I want a consistent manual of arms for all my EDC pistols.

miizer said:   dogmeat said:   This is a great gun, but you should at least think about getting one with the safety. The gun is not double action. The trigger travel is fairly short (which is better for accuracy). I like the extra layer of safety on a gun I might be carrying on my hip with a round in the chamber. YMMV.Carry in a holster that covers the trigger. Problem solved.

I've fine with people deciding what level of safety they desire. Both my M&Ps have safeties. So do my 1911's. Stuff happens and I like the safety as one more barrier to an AD. I just think people ought to think the issue through and not just jump at a firearm because of the price.

dogmeat said:   miizer said:   dogmeat said:   This is a great gun, but you should at least think about getting one with the safety. The gun is not double action. The trigger travel is fairly short (which is better for accuracy). I like the extra layer of safety on a gun I might be carrying on my hip with a round in the chamber. YMMV.Carry in a holster that covers the trigger. Problem solved.

I've fine with people deciding what level of safety they desire. Both my M&Ps have safeties. So do my 1911's. Stuff happens and I like the safety as one more barrier to an AD. I just think people ought to think the issue through and not just jump at a firearm because of the price.

I think people should have the choice.. external safeties are not needed if you know how to carry properly. The M&P, like the Glock have built in safeties. The biggest safety is to keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.

This is a good price....Buds had them for $549/shipped + insurance and CC fee.

Shot this gun today at a local range. Good accuracy but it is a HUGE frame size.

Great deal.
Reinforced polymer chassis, superior ergonomics, ambidextrous controls, proven safety features. The new standard in reliability when your job is to serve and protect and your life is on the line.

In the design of the M&P, the needs of military and law enforcement were considered from every conceivable angle. No other polymer pistol offers this combination of versatility, durability and safety. ALL BACKED BY Smith & Wessons LIFETIME SERVICE POLICY.

pgtmini said:   This is a good price....Buds had them for $549/shipped + insurance and CC fee.
Pre-panic price was as low as $400, but $480 is an acceptable price to me right now. Considering the MD State Police is taking upwards of four to six weeks+ to clear purchases these days I have to buy now to be ready to shoot with my buddies lol.

No concealed carry, this will be target practice and SD. Even if I chose to keep a mag loaded (which I won't unless it's in a safe or on my person) I won't keep one in the chamber; no kids around or anything but if it comes down to it and racking the slide makes a difference than I'm probably f*cked anyway, right?

Also, as far as an accidental discharge from being cocked and locked goes, the standard trigger pull of the M&P series is 6.5 lbs, the Pro series is 4.5 lb and the Massachusetts approved model is 10 lb, if anyone else is weighing their options. And also, to borrow someone else's words: "Because the S&W MP 9compact is a trigger-cocking/ self decocking pistol it will not fire if dropped and it will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. For this reason a manual safety is redundant." (Applies to the whole line) Would I trust that 100%? Nope. But nice to know another safety net is there.

The design has been around since 2005, so I assume any kinks have been worked out by now. And I'm buying genuine American to top it off.

Now I just need a good ammo deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014