• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Woot Yamaha receivers
Yamaha RX-V471RF 5.1-Channel 105-Watt 3D-Ready A/V Receiver:

1080p HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel (4 In/ 1 Out) deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience
Audio Return Channel (ARC) is a distinctive 3D-ready function allows consumers to use a single HDMI connection to transfer digital audio from the TV back to the AV Receiver eliminating the need for a second cable between the TV and the home theater AV Receiver
A USB port on the front panel provides convenient connection for your iPod/iPhone, which also charges when connected
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers
The clean and simple on-screen GUI makes setup and other operations extremely easy. It can show album art, provides a choice of various languages and is visible over 3D images
The Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for BD/DVD Viewing, CD Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button
Yamaha’s YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Compressed Music Enhancer function restores what was lost, so your music always sounds the way it should
The RX-V471 has a low standby power consumption of 0.1W (1.2W in HDMI Standby Through mode) and an Auto Power Down feature (selectable to 4, 8 or 12 hours) which help make this an environmentally friendly receiver
Yamaha RX-V571RF 7.1-Channel 105-Watt 3D-Ready A/V Receiver:

1080p HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel (6 In/ 1 Out), including one on Front Panel deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience
Audio Return Channel (ARC) is a distinctive 3D-ready function allows consumers to use a single HDMI connection to transfer digital audio from the TV back to the AV Receiver eliminating the need for a second cable between the TV and the home theater AV Receiver
An HDMI terminal on the front panel makes it easy to connect a camcorder or digital camera. All of the HDMI terminals are compatible with 3D and CEC, making them convenient for connecting set-top boxes and Blu-ray disc players
A USB port on the front panel provides convenient connection for your iPod/iPhone, which also charges when connected
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers
Capable of outstanding upscaling and i/p conversion quality, This AV Receiver will upscale video signals up to 1080p. This means a much better picture with HDTVs capable of 720p, 1080i or 1080p resolution
The clean and simple on-screen GUI makes setup and other operations extremely easy. It can show album art, provides a choice of various languages and is visible over 3D images
The Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for BD/DVD Viewing, CD Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button
Yamaha’s YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Compressed Music Enhancer function restores what was lost, so your music always sounds the way it should
The RX-V571 has a low standby power consumption of 0.1W (1.2W in HDMI Standby Through mode) and an Auto Power Down feature (selectable to 4, 8 or 12 hours) which help make this an environmentally friendly receiver
Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is not available for this item

A physical address is required for delivery. No Military or PO Box shipments available

Warranty: 6 Month Yamaha

Member Summary

Yamaha RX-V471RF
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The word "network" appears nowhere in the description. Shall I assume these are not network-capable despite being long in the tooth about cable simplification?

Bagofchips said:   The word "network" appears nowhere in the description. Shall I assume these are not network-capable despite being long in the tooth about cable simplification?
No Ethernet connection

homersaysdoh said:   Bagofchips said:   The word "network" appears nowhere in the description. Shall I assume these are not network-capable despite being long in the tooth about cable simplification?
No Ethernet connection

671 was the lowest model to get network connectivity on the 71 series. 73 series added airplay to all network capable recievers and added the 473 & 573 to network capable list. Newegg has the 473 nib right now for something like $279, but better deals can be had if you are patient. Yamaha just released the 75 series so good deals on the 73 series should be comming.

Every time I have this stuff figured out, they add something. Last time I bought a receiver it was no HDMI--oh you'll never miss it they said--no 3d pass through and cables everywhere, I miss it.
I think I'll wait for Ethernet connection. Who knows, maybe webOS will be controlling that stuff then, since LG has bought it to make their TV's smart.

This is a good deal though. If you're young, have no money, and want a starter receiver it's a good deal. If you're old and want a receiver now, it's a good deal

I'm not so sure it's a good deal. Network capable receivers can be had for just a bit more. This seems like an average price to me.

I have missed the Amazon's Dec 31 sale of Onkyo TX-NR509 (network capable) for $127/-. I have been checking for that one since then, it did not fall below $219/- since then. As I could not wait anymore, I just bought Denon AVR-1312 refurb on MacMall for $109/- two days ago and got it last night. It is not network capable, but I made some compramise for the price. How does this Yamaha RX-V471 compare to my Denon AVR-1312 quality-wise? Both specs looks similar and both are refurbs but Denon one costs $75/- less.

I would go with Pinoeer 822 or HK 1700 network AVR's which are around $250 on Amazon. No Big deal, they are always avaiable...

I bought HK AVR-1700 at Bestbuy when it was on sale for $199/- but returned it later due to below issues.
Sound is great (not an issue)
no HDMI pass through
USB port works only for jump drives, does not work for portable hard drives (did not try ext powered hard drives)
DLNA feature through network worked only for music. Not even for photos slideshow if not for videos.
With any setting on the receiver, sound from the rear surround speakers was very low, I felt listening to stereo, not 5.1. I tried auto caliberation, manual setting etc. May be, the one I got was defective.
Remote layout is horrible (not a major issue).

Boochi said:   I bought HK AVR-1700 at Bestbuy when it was on sale for $199/- but returned it later due to below issues.
Sound is great (not an issue)
no HDMI pass through
USB port works only for jump drives, does not work for portable hard drives (did not try ext powered hard drives)
DLNA feature through network worked only for music. Not even for photos slideshow if not for videos.
With any setting on the receiver, sound from the rear surround speakers was very low, I felt listening to stereo, not 5.1. I tried auto caliberation, manual setting etc. May be, the one I got was defective.
Remote layout is horrible (not a major issue).

yeah, i bought one recently and agree to those issues but compared to any other AVR's in that price range its the best one... The setup was pretty smooth, can control even my Roku with remote... Love it for now.

but remote layout and setup wise I would also suggest Pioneer 822K

Pioneer has NUMEROUS failure issues, read the boards on the 822K, 1022K, 1122K..... If the prcie seems too good to be true.....

I've been researching around the $400 - $500 pricepoint, and so far am leaning to the Yamaha HTR-7065 at Costco. Wish they had Onkyo models...

slickdeal45 said:   I'm not so sure it's a good deal. Network capable receivers can be had for just a bit more. This seems like an average price to me.

I agree with you here, especially considering this is two model years behind and a REFURB. NIB can be had for slightly more.

To me network capable is a MUST. I have the 671 and NEVER use my remote. I control the device via my Android Phone/Tablet and my wife uses her iPhone. The Yamaha Control Widget (not the one provided with the Yamaha App) is awesome as I can control the most important functions of the receiver right from my home screen. I don't care much about the network play capabilities as we use Sonos for music upstairs on Zone 2 and XBMC on Zone 1 for a single interface for TV/Music/Video downstairs in the media room.

These receivers also work well with HDMI Control (CEC), further untangling the remote mess.

Seems like w/ the right modern receiver you can be Sonos-less right? These network receivers w/ airplay -- means they can use wifi too right?

Bagofchips said:   These network receivers w/ airplay -- means they can use wifi too right?

Nope. Wifi is a means of networking, and AirPlay is a network protocol. One isn't tied to the other.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014