$3.65 shipped w/ Prime is tough to beat

Trek Link

Member Summary

Star Trek (2009) DVD
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Flipit said:   If you've never seen it, shame on you.

I do not know how most other directors promoted their own movies, but JJ Abrams was crystal clear that he was releasing a movie for "future ST fans", and not loyal fans of TOS. The warning - please diehard TOS fans, by all means, do not watch my movie, you will not like it - was a mantra whenever he encountered TOS fandom when he spoke of his ST reboot project.

JJ Abrams seems passionate about protecting TOS fans from seeing a movie that he thought they would passionately hate. I bet there are many people today who are very thankful to him for saving them from an unpleasant movie experience. JJ Abrams message should not be lightly brushed aside just because a few years have past.

I'm a huge TOS fan; Whether you look at my charcoal pencil art of the original crew you see hanging on my walls, or my Type 1 still-in-the-box phaser that's on the bookshelf behind me, you have no room to argue.

I did enjoy the movie? Yes ..because..it's STAR TREK!

Did I think it was great? No..

Did I think the whole 'change the timeline' prospect suck? Yes

Was it refreshing to have some sort of ST after Voyager ended? Yes, indeed...

I'm not a JJ Abram fan, but if he was the only cook in the only restaurant in town, I'd eat his food and be somewhat grateful.

Just my $.02..

Excuse my ignorance, what are TOS and ST referring to? Thanks

TOS - The original Star Trek
ST - Star Trek

Thanks OP

I hate everything about the original STar Trek . I hate the tv show . I hate the movies . I hate all the foolish spinoffs .But I really like this movie . I simply ignore that it has anything to do with the early crap .

Edited to be more helpful.

I like the old star treks - they were dorky, but fun and nostalgic.
My favorite was the next generation.

I really liked this movie.
The wife hates all forms of star trek, but she really liked this movie
My dad loves the first star trek, he really liked this movie.

4 bucks seems like a great deal.

Hmm, apparently they dropped the price to $3.50.
And it's still eligible for Amazon Prime free shipping.

Took advantage of this. My order was delivered yesterday and I received the 2 disc set which included valid digital copy. Awesome deal for the movie and digital copy under 4 bucks! Thanks OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014