• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Text

$20 shipped, without rebate, for microSD is lowest I've seen.

4/5 Star average on Amazon, with 78 ratings.

Product Features
Fully compliant with the SD Card Association's 2.0 standard
High-Speed Class 10 Rating: 10MB/sec. minimum data transfer rate
Combined with a SDHC adapter can be used as standard SDHC memory card
High storage capacity for storing essential digital content such as high quality photos, videos, music, and more
Backed by a limited lifetime warranty

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

ADATA 32 GB Micro SDHC Card Class 10 with SD Adaptor
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Amazon reviewer daeomox on 7/2/2012 said: This card worked great for a couple of months then apparently failed (as others have reported). This is not the end of the world, and manufacturing defects are to be expected on occassion. However, the RMA form provided on ADATA's website ([...]) failed to work in either Chrome or Firefox (stable releases, no extensions). ADATA also provides no alternative ways to contact them other than additional forms which also require the problematic CAPTCHA which failed to verify even on repeated matching attempts.

Luckily, ADATA responds to criticisms over on Newegg's website and a rep. there provided this contact information:

Phone: 626.839.1988 x119
Email: support@adatausa.com

I will be pursuing the RMA with the above contact information, but this additional hassle and the possibility of me being completely out of luck had I not know about this indirect method to find some contact information seems worth a 1 star rating (or a 2 star at best) based on poor customer service alone!

Amazon reviewer TTC on 3/8/2013 said: Worked great for a while, then suddenly it wasn't even recognized as being present in either my phone or computer. Found lots of similar reviews dated around the same time, perhaps Adata had a bad batch. Tried emailing them and got no response. To be fair, I haven't tried phoning them for an RMA, but this is already too much trouble for a $20 product. I'll be sticking to more reliable brands (Kingston, SanDisk) from now on.

Amazon reviewer Ben Eliiot on 2/25/2013 said: Please pay the extra $5-10 for either Samsung, Sandisk, Kingston, or even Transcend. This microSD card has consistent read errors. Yes, it writes incredibly fast, but it also fails just as speedily. I have had to completely reformat the card, at least, two times. I just submitted an RMA to ADATA because all of my data is now gone. The files on the card show up in a directory list, but the files indicated a 0 kb file size. So, if you value your pictures, videos, music, and backup files, stick to the best. This is not it.

Amazon reviewer Scott Clark on 2/18/2013 said: Like others have reported,my card worked fine for several months (5) then just failed to read either on phone or one of two computers.
I won't say adata is crap as I've used their computer memory without a problem, but just another problem report for the masse.

Amazon reviewer M. Ambrose on 2/11/2013 said: The data transfer was fast enough, but it failed. It isn't ever reformatable. Luckily I had just backed up mine shortly before it failed, but I still lost some photos and such. I would recommend either buying a more expensive brand or buying a slower but more reliable card instead.

Amazon reviewer Positive Logic on 1/7/2013 said: I had previously posted a positive review, but unfortunately I have to change it to one star. I had signs of trouble starting two month ago, when sometimes, my Samsung Galaxy S3 would report that ADATA Class 10 32gb card was unreadable. I'd reboot and all would be well. Over the course of two months, it happened on occasion. I thought nothing of it.

Then suddenly, rebooting would not bring it back. I looked at the card on my laptop and it was unreadable. Not only that, it would even take a reformat.

I lost some pictures and videos that had not been backed up elsewhere. Everything else was backed up. But it wasn't too bad given that S3 doesn't allow to directly save pictures and videos to the ext SD card any longer (you have to manually back them up using Astro File or equivalent). All-in-all -- I have no idea whether this is a fluke...but in the future, I'm sticking with the name brands.

And many more here.

I'll pass.

Greling,

I don't know if you're a troll or an idiot. You pulled out a few negative reviews on an item that has 78 reviews and a 4/5 star overall rating.

I wish you luck in life. Remember to wear a helmet.

Good deal, thanks

Standard shipping is $8-9...no option for FSSS?

shahnm said:   Greling,

I don't know if you're a troll or an idiot. You pulled out a few negative reviews on an item that has 78 reviews and a 4/5 star overall rating.

I wish you luck in life. Remember to wear a helmet.

Look at the date for the reviews. I'm taking it that 4/5 people haven't had 5 months of use go by yet since posting their review. And if you notice by the first comment, product returns/customer service are going to prove to be an issue if things don't turn out right.

Same MicroSD card for $19.99 from Newegg with truly free shipping. No need to spend $25 or have Amazon Prime. Also eligible for Shoprunner free 2 day shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-211-558&Paren...

$22.99 - $3.00 = $19.99 (promotion code EMCYTZT3058)

$3 discount ends today 3/10.

Monarch_Picante
Disclaimer
nwrain said:   Same MicroSD card for $19.99 from Newegg with truly free shipping. No need to spend $25 or have Amazon Prime. Also eligible for Shoprunner free 2 day shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-211-558&Paren...

$22.99 - $3.00 = $19.99 (promotion code EMCYTZT3058)

$3 discount ends today 3/10.

Last week Newegg had a $5 MIR from $22.99, and I bit.
I wished I waited to order with this $3 code, instead of dealing with the rebate.

I used it yesterday in a GoPro while shredding Monarch mountain. Works fine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014