• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Filtrete 3M50
Disclaimer
I've been looking for a wifi enabled thermostat since I missed out on the Filtrete 3M50 at HomeDepot.com for $69 back in January.

Stopped in at the Saginaw Home Depot on Bay Rd. today and they had it on clearance for $75. It was the last one so I picked it up using the Lowes $10 off $50 coupon that was posted on FW last week. $10 off $50 Coupon Thread

Couple hours later on my way home I stopped at The Home Depot on Gratiot Rd. and they had them on clearance for $64 so I went to my truck and grabbed another $10 coupon and bought another. I'll return the 1st one next week. I didn't want to take any chances missing out on using the coupon by trying to get the 1st one price adjusted.

The Saginaw Gratiot Rd. store had at least 10 more of them.

It no longer shows up on HomeDepot.com but here's another link:
http://www.radiothermostat.com/filtrete/products/3M-50/

Receipt Attached.

Good Luck!

Home Depot
See Home Depot coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Filtrete 3M50 Programmable Thermostat
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Excellent find OP! Any clue what the store SKU might be?

Have had this for about 2 years, works great. The only catch is that it needs a power source to the thermostat.

KKCC said:   Have had this for about 2 years, works great. The only catch is that it needs a power source to the thermostat.

A wired power source?

ddebuss said:   Excellent find OP! Any clue what the store SKU might be?

sku 339052

Good Luck!

Have two of these, they are great. There is a well documented API for them as well if you are into home automation. If you get one, I recommend setting up using your iphone or ipad, much less hassle than doing it by PC.

From the installation manual:
The 3M-50 runs on 3 AA alkaline batteries and/or the C wire if available. If you do
not have a C wire you can run a new wire from the HVAC or use a standard 12-24V [AC or DC] wall
transformer

Got one last fall, love it. Took me ~10min to install and set up, replacing a non-programmable one. Ironically it's made my gas bill go up a touch since we aren't waking up to a freezing cold house anymore (we keep it at 60F at night).

I believe the battery will only run the scheduled settings, to have wifi access you need the C wire or 24v transformer.

Thanks, in for one. They were marked 75 at my store and I had to visit the customer care desk to convince them to take the coupon (register lady wouldn't take it). When I saw 75 I almost just walked away but then noticed that as an Ameren Missouri customer, I can get 25 back with purchase of any programmable thermostat!

Once I got it home I ran into the same dilemma as above... No "c" wire. Luckily, there was an unused wire that was fished through to the thermostat already and I was able to use it as a c wire. Now I'm all hooked up, wifi working, and it's pretty cool! Just hoping my wife has the same enthusiasm when she gets home from work and sees what I've done with my day

This does work with Heat Pumps if anyone is interested. This a very nice deal.

what about 2 stage ones? or 2 stage gas?

asabase said:   what about 2 stage ones? or 2 stage gas?

Installation Guide

Page 10 explains 2 stage setup.

For those interested this site: http://www.dsireusa.org/ appears to list any energy efficiency rebates available from your utility company. Many of them offer a rebate on programmable thermostats.

can you access the thermostat remotely outside of your network? Maybe just foward some ports?

Yes, I use Android app "Wi-Fi Enabled Radio Thermostat - Android Apps on Google Play" and remotely monitor and change the temperature setting.

great price, I have had mine for ~2 years and love it. Once I went on vacation and forgot to set my thermostat to "away". No problem, got on my phone set it in just a few seconds.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014