• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Mosin-Nagant Model 1944 Carbine ( M44 Rifle)

Availability: In Stock
Item #:LNGM44-Rifle

Extremely Popular and Highly Desirable M-44 Mosin Nagant Carbine Rifles. 7.62x54r caliber, 5 Round, Bolt Action, in Very Good to Excellent Condition
Only 40' overall. Ammo is readily available and inexpensive. These are some of the nicest M44 rifles that you will have ever seen.

P.S. As of now there is a better deal published here for the same rifle.

Member Summary

Mosin-Nagant Model 1944 Carbine ( M44 Rifle)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I just bought an AR-15 lower at 2012 prices. What does that have to do with this deal? About as much as half of the othe... (more)

ddub (Mar. 18, 2013 @ 5:44p) |

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.

m362w (Mar. 19, 2013 @ 11:58a) |

buster2 (Mar. 22, 2013 @ 3:07a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

who wants to go in on a twelve-pack?

We are talking about an old 7.62mm russian mosin rifle that basically had a part of it is barrel cut off. After that, it's price went up 100%.
Really, unless you are a gun collector, you can make one yourself... An old Russian way is to get a file, notch the barrel around and then shoot it while holding the barrel end submerged into a barrel full of water. It breaks around and you are done no, I do not endorse that way to convert your long Mosin into m1944

77Rus said:   We are talking about an old 7.62mm russian mosin rifle that basically had a part of it is barrel cut off. After that, it's price went up 100%.
Really, unless you are a gun collector, you can make one yourself... An old Russian way is to get a file, notch the barrel around and then shoot it while holding the barrel end submerged into a barrel full of water. It breaks around and you are done no, I do not endorse that way to convert your long Mosin into m1944

I own an m44 and a m91/30 and the m44 is the only one that gets any use it is a lot more fun. If you did cut down a 91/30 to m44 length you'd have to cut down the stock also and have the barrel recrowned. If you found a cheap m44 stock though no one would ever know the difference

That is a little bit pricey for the carbine, even given the recent price rises. The last time AIM Surplus had the carbines in stock, the price was $170. Recently they had "shooters grade" carbines at $120, q.v. Mosin carbines

But if you're going to buy a Mosin-Nagant, why not have the real thing as a full-length rifle and not the carbine?

Aim will have new stock in a few more days at a lower cost,I'd pass on these, overpriced

buster2 said:   Aim will have new stock in a few more days at a lower cost,I'd pass on these, overpriced

Mosin Nagant Carbine M-38S $219 + COLLECTABLE

Stas1976 said:   buster2 said:   Aim will have new stock in a few more days at a lower cost,I'd pass on these, overpriced

Damn those are sold out or I'd have bought one, the M38 is a much better buy than the m44 in my opinion because it doesn't have the bayonet attached. My M44 came pre-bubba'd as a $75 gun show special and the bayonet lug was already ground off by a previous owner, otherwise I don't think I'd have bought it.

dzer0 said:   Stas1976 said:   buster2 said:   Aim will have new stock in a few more days at a lower cost,I'd pass on these, overpriced

Damn those are sold out or I'd have bought one, the M38 is a much better buy than the m44 in my opinion because it doesn't have the bayonet attached. My M44 came pre-bubba'd as a $75 gun show special and the bayonet lug was already ground off by a previous owner, otherwise I don't think I'd have bought it.

Yep. M38 should be of a better quality too as they being made pre WW2 war. Plus chances are they being used at least in one of two wars (Russian-Finish, or WW2) so historical value might be significantly higher. M44 used to be in abundant supply. Now it is all crazy market. On the bright side M44 might be an effectively new or very slightly used rifle as it was very little use for them after WW2 that ended in 1945. So it all depends.

The M44 kicks like a mule with a ball of fire. Big 5 sells them sometimes cheap. Sometimes you can get matching serial numbers and have somewhat of a collectors item. Most of the barrels are pitted so it can be hard to find one in good shape.

The Mosin 91-30 is longer, more accurate and has less perceived kick and is also cheap fun. But maybe you just like your little ball of fire for what it is and the M44 will do you.

The surplus ammo in tuna cans is cheap (until the current ammo frenzy) and fun, but usually is corrosive. If you do not clean it after shooting you will be sorry.

fishdeep said:   The M44 kicks like a mule with a ball of fire. Big 5 sells them sometimes cheap. Sometimes you can get matching serial numbers and have somewhat of a collectors item. Most of the barrels are pitted so it can be hard to find one in good shape.

The Mosin 91-30 is longer, more accurate and has less perceived kick and is also cheap fun. But maybe you just like your little ball of fire for what it is and the M44 will do you.

The surplus ammo in tuna cans is cheap (until the current ammo frenzy) and fun, but usually is corrosive. If you do not clean it after shooting you will be sorry.

People say spraying Windex or just pissing down the barrel work as well, sure to rinse water afterwards for both and then oil it.

jlbmw2002 said:   fishdeep said:   The M44 kicks like a mule with a ball of fire. Big 5 sells them sometimes cheap. Sometimes you can get matching serial numbers and have somewhat of a collectors item. Most of the barrels are pitted so it can be hard to find one in good shape.

People say spraying Windex or just pissing down the barrel work as well, sure to rinse water afterwards for both and then oil it.

Technically that qualifies as cleaning it.

that price is crazy. You can find one locally for $120~ any day.

for a carbine? Locally, even the m91/30 are $180, $299 for hex ones.

DigiornosHunter said:   that price is crazy. You can find one locally for $120~ any day.

Maybe on Unicorn Day in the Before-Time.

Mosin 1944
Disclaimer

Mosin 1944
Disclaimer
People selling them 300-360 @gunbroker. The one I got from AIM was packaged as a new production from MOLOT plant. Real manufacturing date 1944. Very, very nice condition - all matching numbers. Packaged nicely with an instruction in English

Back in Stock 3-18-13 noon

$300 for a Mosin is simply nuts. These are surplus for a reason. Millions exist.

For a price comparison I ordered a few Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Hex Mosin Nagant Rifles for $110 each on 8/2012.

HitLines said:   $300 for a Mosin is simply nuts. These are surplus for a reason. Millions exist.

For a price comparison I ordered a few Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Hex Mosin Nagant Rifles for $110 each on 8/2012.

Not gonna dispute it. I agree even 200$ for carbine is high. Specially considering additional windex-cleaning procedure that is required for this rifle after using surplus ammo. When I read about that I was shocked. So shell rifle be left alone for a day after using surplus ammo and not cleaned - that it. Rifle is gone/bore is gone. So surplus ammo is not something that is going to work for me. But a regular (not a surplus) ammo is 0.5/round what is not cheap. So honestly paying more than $200 is a joke. Buy a nice american made rifle that use ammo with more moderate recoil ...

For sake of justice it is different to buy nicely packaged, refinished by a MOLOT plant carbine comparing rifles taken directly from surplus boxes on a gun show. I saw surplus rifles at 70$ a piece in 2010. It was something like a lottery.

HitLines said:   $300 for a Mosin is simply nuts. These are surplus for a reason. Millions exist.

Agreed. This is no deal. I purchased a 1928 MN for $110 with bayonet and accy. I've decided to hold off buying ANYTHING until the current insanity passes. Buying anything now is highly speculative and risky.

$300 will buy you a K31 Swiss in 7.5x55. More expensive ammo but also a VERY accurate rifle with precision Swiss machine....useful for something other than shredding paper on 50yd ranges.

I just bought an AR-15 lower at 2012 prices. What does that have to do with this deal? About as much as half of the other replies to this thread. Do a little research then buy or don't.. good grief you people will do anything to find a reason to post.

ddub said:   I just bought an AR-15 lower at 2012 prices. What does that have to do with this deal? About as much as half of the other replies to this thread. Do a little research then buy or don't.. good grief you people will do anything to find a reason to post.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014