• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Update: Thanks to whoever called drugstore.com and made them hike up the price by $5, to counter the $5 link... They also removed the $50 restaurant GC.

Don't get me wrong. It's still a great price for $40 AC.

Also, you can add $5.01 of fillers and use the $10 off instead.
====================

Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Toothbrush with Bonus Brushhead, Model HX5610/09

+ a Free $50 restaurant.com gift code!

$35 + Free Shipping.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just noticed the price drop @ drugstore.com from $49.99 to $39.99! Stack with $5 off for $34.99 + Free Shipping.

1- Copy/paste this link to activate additional $5 off $30 (works for "old" customers as well.)
"www.drugstore.com/user/promo.asp?code=2E7D9933&aid=281067&aparam=13wk28dsLOW" (note: might need to clear cookies etc.)

2- Click here and add to cart.
(CLICK $50 Restaurant coupon if you want it!)

3- Checkout with Free Standard Shipping (or Free 2-day Shipping with Shoprunner).

[$5 off shows @ checkout. Alternatively, enter zip-code in cart and click "get estimate" to see discount in cart (just below subtotal). If discount doesn't show, try copying/pasting $5 link again AFTER adding to cart.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or less!!!

If you're a "new" customer... You can use the FW affiliate link for $10 off $50 instead of the above $5 off.

(you'll need to add $10.01 worth of merchandise... So how does that make it less? Very simple, the $10.01 counts from PRE-COUPON price. I posted a few "profitable" fillers here.)

Member Summary

Sonicare Essence 5600
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've had a 100% failure rate with Sonicare brushes so far, so even if they're FAR, I'm still not buying another one.

In my case, both of them started leaking, letting water in. This would lead to the brushes turning on by themselves whenever they wanted to, turning off when they wanted to (and if they turned on by themselves, you had to wait for them to turn off by themselves as well) to simply not working. The turning on by itself issue is apparently well known to them, since it's listed on the Sonicare UK site, with an offer for a replacement brush seemingly whether the brush is under warranty or not.

The latest one to fail was just a 6 months outside of the 2 year warranty, and Phillips USA did nothing to help, even after I pointed out that the UK site seemed willing to help. I could see that if maybe this was a one time occurrence, but this was brush #2 out of 2 for me, with the same exact failure mode. All they did was offer a coupon for 15% off a new brush from their site, which would have still meant paying more than if I bought one elsewhere for full price.

I've since switched to OralB, and I'm a happy customer so far. We have 4 OralB's in the family now, and they're all working good. Not to mention I have about the same amount of money into all 4 OralB's that I had into each of the Sonicares.

Sorry to hear that. I have had mine for nearly two years, purchased from Costco, with no problems.

Picked up one last week at my local WalMart on clearance for $25. (same deal with extra brush head)

I have seen the 5000x medel series last a year or two typically. But my elite model has been flawless for several years.

My first one was an Elite E9800 (which looks pretty much identical to the Essence 5600). Purchased in late January 2007 ($99). Was replaced by Oral B Professional Care 3000 ($72.74) in November 2010 . I'd been nursing the Sonicare along for a long time, taking it apart and drying it out, even desoldering the switches on the circuit board and trading places, since the power switch stopped working, but the other button still worked.

Second one was a Flexcare 930 ($129.99). Bought August 2009, replaced in October 2012 by Oral B 8850 3D ($35).

Have since bought two more Oral B 8850 3D ($29.99) for the kids.

I have the Essence 5600 too since 2008. Still works like new and I have not done anything special to it. My only complaint is the price of brush heads, which is very expensive IMO.

Whew! Super green for you, now nap time for me!

1 Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Toothbrush with Bonus Brushhead, Model HX5610/09 - 1 ea $39.99
1 Nivea Body Skin Firming Moisturizer with Advanced Q10 Complex - 8.4 fl oz $1.99
1 Gillette Venus Disposable Razors - 1 Each $2.19
Subtotal: $ 44.17
Shipping : FREE
Tax: $ 0.00
Discount: $ -10.00
Total: $ 34.17

Same here, bought in Feb 2008 from Costco. Still going strong. No issues.
bravebiffy said:   I have the Essence 5600 too since 2008. Still works like new and I have not done anything special to it. My only complaint is the price of brush heads, which is very expensive IMO.

This is the old style Sonicare with very expensive replacement heads. They do last however I still one of them but now use the new Flexcare model. The head replacements are still too expensive so I do not change the heads as often as recommended but I think the brushes last longer than the company lets on!

Back at $44.99 for me.

tradersam said:   Back at $44.99 for me.
Some people (on other sites?) are'nt too familiar with the "never call a company about a posted deal" rule... Shame.

Updated OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014