NFC tags sale @ AMAZON!! + FS w/ Prime

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just saw this on a different deals site... Hope it helps someone.

Right now the tags are on sale for $7.50 from $10 which can be stacked with a 10% off coupon!

Just be careful, because not all tags work with all phones. Make sure you pick the right one (I learnt that the hard way.) The one that is on sale is compatible with most android devices

http://www.amazon.com/Mifare-Classic-Sticker-Tags-NFCGuyz/dp/B00...

Use code "10OFFNFC" for 10% off 2 or more.

They also have some other ones compatible with all devices that also have 10% off 2 or more with the same code (NTAG203) ... Just search NFCGUYZ on Amazon.

These are pure white without any branding, unlike most other NFC tags out there.

NFC tags allow you to program your phone to do certain tasks when you place your phone next to them. For example I have a tag that puts my phone on vibrate when I get to work, and a tag at home that puts it back to full volume and sets my alarm for the morning.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

NFC
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
didn't end up getting these particular tags but nevertheless, this post reminded me to get some nfc tags, ty op

mik3ster (Mar. 14, 2013 @ 5:10p) |

This makes me want to ditch my iphone.

darwina (Mar. 14, 2013 @ 5:29p) |

fix your math.
right now @ $8 for 5. buy 2 and get 10% off. Not hard to figure out that they are cheaper than $2 ea befor... (more)

Haji (Mar. 14, 2013 @ 5:46p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

interesting. I never knew these existed.

Even w/ 10% off, they're over $2 each.

These are around that price too:
http://www.amazon.com/TapWise-NFC-nTag-10-Pack/dp/B009L93IMI/ref...

Too bad the waterproof ones aren't that cheap...

I just ordered a Samsung Note 2, will this work with that phone?

Done in 1.

edit
Sorry to see that someone (respdoc) who points out obvious spam gets their post yanked.

Did you see respdoc's post? He did not say anything about it being SPAM. He made an unprovoked attack at the OP's intelligence.

peste386 said:   Did you see respdoc's post? He did not say anything about it being SPAM.

Actually, I did..and must have since qube and others picked up on it. I'll try next time to put it in simpler terms for the less astute members.

Thanks. In 4 two.

WOW! Never knew something like this even existed!

@kenyee - what would you need a waterproof one for? ( haven't read up on these yet)

Interesting, thanks for bringing this to my attention!!

NFC tags are great but have limited usage. I got my free pack from Samsung when they ran the promotion not too long ago. I use two by my bedside. One is set to turn off ringer, wireless, bluetooth for when I go to sleep. The other is when I wake up, I place my phone on it and it turns all my settings back on. I also have one on my car to set it for Car Mode. This will make my phone read out text message when I receive them as well voice caller id when a calls comes through. Pretty neat stuff but again, fairly limited in what you can do for now.

In the Play store, there are a few apps which lets you recycle your nfc tags so you can reuse if you decide to change the commands.

Warning! Mifare classic 1k tags are not compatible with all nfc devices! Be sure to check before ordering.

THat being said, nfc tags can be had way cheaper (around $1 a tag). If you dont mind waiting for international shipping, aliexpress.com is the way to go.

i need something to locate my dead kindle.

What would work for doing say 5-10ft location? Perhaps a reader for iphone and NFC card attached to it?

The wifi/3G modem tends to knock out any sort of active device

Interesting!

Product Features
5 NFC stickers compatible with most Android devices
Large Memory Capacity of 1 Kbyte (768 free bytes available)
Discreet size of just 25mm - about size of U.S Quarter
Will stick on any surface in your home, car, or office. For outdoor uses please search for our "NFCGuyz Waterproof Tags"
Some devices such as Nexus 4 & 10, Windows 8 phones, and BlackBerry, will only work with "NFCGuyz NTAG203 Tags" If you would like compatibility with ALL devices please search "NFCGuyz NTAG203"

kenyee said:   Even w/ 10% off, they're over $2 each.

Just bought these for the S3. Thanks.

i need something to locate my dead kindle.

rigor said:   i need something to locate my dead kindle.

What would work for doing say 5-10ft location? Perhaps a reader for iphone and NFC card attached to it?

no. NFC stands for NEAR field communication. It basically communicates when the reading device is practically touching it.

MeraNamJoker said:   rigor said:   i need something to locate my dead kindle.

no. NFC stands for NEAR field communication. It basically communicates when the reading device is practically touching it.

Yup, these tags have a range measured in low-single-digit centimeters.

What I think they're most useful for is changing settings or performing automatic actions. Tap a tag when you get to work and set you phone to quiet and turn off wifi, etc. Tap a tag when you get home and set it to loud, send a text message to your wife to let her know you're home, etc. Tap a tag in your car to bring up Google Navigation and route you to work. Tap another tag in your car to navigate home at the end of the day. etc

glassescenters said:   i need something to locate my dead kindle.

Maybe a bloodhound?

didn't end up getting these particular tags but nevertheless, this post reminded me to get some nfc tags, ty op

This makes me want to ditch my iphone.

kenyee said:   Even w/ 10% off, they're over $2 each.

fix your math.
right now @ $8 for 5. buy 2 and get 10% off. Not hard to figure out that they are cheaper than $2 ea before the discount.
At the current $8 price, it comes to about $1.44 each. at the $7.50 price, it was $1.35 each.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014