• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Coastal is having a sale on frames, up to 70% off and you can use FREESHIP13 for free shipping on the order.
http://www.coastal.com/glasses

I've ordered from them before with the first pair free and was happy with the speed and quality of the frames. There are name brand frames included in the sale, even those that are excluded from the first pair free.

Comes with all the coatings and ships from the US, so worth the premium over other places like Zenni that ship from overseas. (I was able to find a frame I liked for $24 )

Coastal.com
See Coastal.com discounts that earn Up to 10.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

coastal
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Meh. Zenni Optical has eyeglasses starting at $6.95 lens included (and up) w/ $5 shipping for entire order.

If nothing else great for spare pairs in the car & briefcase etc.

I could care less where they ship from or where they are made. I placed an order for 2 pairs from them and got it in about a week.

Perhaps. But if you have to pay extra for the coatings then it adds up in the price.

Perhaps. I come from the coatings-shmoatings school, especially for spare pairs. But Coastal is not even in the comparison set. If somebody wants to price out the same frames w/ the same lenses at multiple sites and coatings and report back here, make it so.

Loaded up on Coastal glasses 2+ years back (some really great deals, 50% off on frames ,with lenses, starting at 6.95). Coastal made things right when a pair of sunglasses had an uneven coating (other 12 pairs for family and friends were fine). Very pleased with their products, and still see them as a good deal at the current price point.

The summary reviews on toptenreviews.com all read like ads. You can click through prominent commission links to visit their "top ten". Hope there is a better review site out there.

Bagofchips said:   Perhaps. I come from the coatings-shmoatings school, especially for spare pairs. But Coastal is not even in the comparison set http://eyeglasses-online-review.toptenreviews.com....

It seems some of these prices may be inflated for this sale? Searching some of the price comparison shops is a little difficult because some of these brands appear to be only at this website, but a few times I found old prices for this website listed at only $5 above what they have now, which is supposedly a 50% off price.

Be sure to shop around at other glasses website before buying, I have a feeling these prices are pretty close to the norm at the very least.

Bagofchips said:   Perhaps. I come from the coatings-shmoatings school, especially for spare pairs. But Coastal is not even in the comparison set. If somebody wants to price out the same frames w/ the same lenses at multiple sites and coatings and report back here, make it so.
I don't disagree, I order spare ones from the overseas sites when they are on sale there just to have them. However, can't really compare them all equally because they do not all have the same frames. The name brand frames from Coastal seem to be better quality than the ones I get from those sites too.

pengar said:   It seems some of these prices may be inflated for this sale? Searching some of the price comparison shops is a little difficult because some of these brands appear to be only at this website, but a few times I found old prices for this website listed at only $5 above what they have now, which is supposedly a 50% off price.

Be sure to shop around at other glasses website before buying, I have a feeling these prices are pretty close to the norm at the very least.

Like any place, the percentage is off the original price. The lowest price I found for the frames I got were $5x.xx on eBay (without the prescription lenses). Their normal prices actually aren't bad, especially when compared with the doctors office.

Just thought it would be important to point out. The sale sounded extremely good to me at first, and yes compared to a doctors prices they are still good. But compared to other everyday prices on the internet they ended up being average.

If they always have 40% off the list price, then a sale that's 50% off is nothing to get excited about. People who don't track the prices normally may not realize this (I didn't).

I shopped around a bit and found the same style for quite a bit cheaper at a different website. Tough to comment on the brand and quality right now, since I didn't go for a huge name like Oakley or Calvin Klein. It seems that many places have their own "exclusive" (made up) brands that are likely all manufactured at the same place and I'm guessing are all similar quality.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014