• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK

Link to Amazon's price match of BestBuy's price

Enhance movie night with this SurroundBar speaker system that features a wireless subwoofer for rich audio and a 6' Toslink cable for a simple connection to your TV.

Product Features

Single-enclosure speaker system

With two 2" x 6-1/2" drivers delivers a movie theater experience in your own home.

80W amplified wireless subwoofer

With 2" x 6" long-throw dynamic balanced poly composite driver and downward-firing vented enclosure for powerful sound.

Polk Digital Logic technology

For a quality performance and smooth calibration during setup.

180W maximum power (50W x 2 speaker bar; 80W subwoofer)

Creates powerful sound.

Wall- or shelf-mountable

For flexible placement options.

Compact design

With no rear wires complements your home theater system.

40Hz - 22kHz frequency response

For a wide range of accurate sound production.

6' Toslink (optical digital audio) cable

For easy hookup to your TV.

LINK

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

I have the Polk Audio - SurroundBar 6000. Same design, better sound. But... more money.
Anyway, my point is the design of the 3000 is the same as the 6000. The Toslink optical cable that comes with it is beyond terrible quality - you WILL need to get a better one. It is about as thin as a strand of coarse hair. The sound quality is really poor if you try to use it. The optical source on the soundbar will not work with dolby digital signals. If this is your only digital option in your house, you will be forced to use inferior analog signal. BTW, it has just one optical input, so if your TV does not pass 5.1 from other connected devices like Blu-ray players, you'll only get stereo on the bar. There are no HDMI inputs.

Secondly, the design of the Toslink optical cable jack is strange. The Toslink optical cable plugs in at the back, but the jack is positioned such that the cord plugs in pointed upwards. I have mine sitting on a cabinet. I bought the deluxe Monoprice Toslink optical cable for it and the plug is large - since the cord plugs upwards, the plug is so large that it raises the bar off the cabinet surface at that point, destabilizing it. Had to use Monoprice's regular Toslink cable because the plug is smaller, so the bar can still sit properly on the cabinet surface.

The sound is a big improvement over that of tv speakers only, but don't be expecting high quality compared to a speaker set up. I use mine in the bedroom because I don't want to run speaker wire in there. But there is no comparison to the sound quality I get with my living room tv, with its 5.1 speaker setup.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014