• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 on Microsoft web site

Just got back from Office Depot. Got a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 for $12.99 plus tax, $37 off. Searching for it on their web site only gives "Item 352894, Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 Black, is not available for purchase at this time." so this is in-store only and maybe a close-out. Includes two AAA batteries but no bluetooth adapter. It paired easily with my Galaxy S3, iPad and HP touchpad. I'm using it right now in fact to type this post. There were about six of them at my store. Pretty nice little bluetooth keyboard if you need one, or more, YMMV as it could be out of stock in your area. There are inventory checkes like this one you can use to increase your chances of finding a store with stock.

Member Summary

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can't test it since I dom't have a iMito Android TV stick. But it paired just fine with my android 4.1.2 Jellybean phone... (more)

SpacelySprockets (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 12:51p) |

This deal still on??

joeblow9104 (Mar. 31, 2013 @ 4:05a) |

Yes, if you can find them. Seems like select microsoft keyboards, mice, and webcams. Have them price check the items for... (more)

bargainron (Mar. 31, 2013 @ 8:58a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Confirmed at my Office Depot (East Cobb, Georgia) and they had plenty on the shelf. They also had the Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 5000 for $9.99, so I got a couple of those as well. Also, the 720p Webcam (5000 series, also) was clearance for 17.99 (but I got the last one at that store) and they had some reasonable cheap wireless sets from Microsoft as well. The "Comfort Curve" wired keyboard was marked down to $15 from $49.99, but honestly I wouldn't have paid that much for it.

Glad you found all that, my store didn't have much else left. If you can provide the item numbers for what you found would make it easier for others to look up in the inventory tool. Congrats!

SpacelySprockets said:   There are inventory checkes like this one you can use to increase your chances of finding a store with stock.

Green just for this inventory checker.

SpacelySprockets said:   Glad you found all that, my store didn't have much else left. If you can provide the item numbers for what you found would make it easier for others to look up in the inventory tool. Congrats!

Bluetooth Mouse = 232828
Webcam = 124596
Bluetooth Keyboard = 352894

Got one today as well. Not bad for the price!

ill have to go tomorrow and see what they got left!
it says theyre in stock so who knows

Green for you OP.

I found two listed at my local store, I went over and some eBay jockey from Federal Way had put most of the Microsoft clearance items "on reserve", had a table full of it set aside for him to pick up.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't make it in to buy it before the 24h limit was up. I bought both of his "reserved" Bluetooth keyboards, and suggested to the manager that other people might want to buy what was left. (Looked like more keyboards, some touch mice, webcams, etc.)

He had the stocker putting the stuff back on the shelves when I left.

Got a couple of the Keyboards in Frisco, TX. Good thing the shelf did not have a price sticker.

Also, there were some great Microsoft webcams on ridiculous clearance.

recent review on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Bluetooth-Mobile-Keyboard-5000/p...
I looked at the picture and could not find a good use case. I think it is too big for use with a tablet or phone. However, if you use it at home with a Mac it might be okay.

Microsoft keyboard come with an excellent battery life. They do last for more than 3 months.

picked up the mouse and keyboard
they had a lot of other things on clearance too like a wireless keyboard (not bluetooth) and a 1080p webcam
all microsoft brand stuff though

Thanks OP!

I picked up two keyboards at the Arlington Heights, Illinois store. They had at least more one left, factory sealed. (I didn't want to be a glutton).

They didn't have any of the white bluetooth mice that I could find, but they had a whole of bunch of the black/grey versions (which were at the regular price). Oh well.

I used to have one of these keyboards back when they first came out and came with a separate numeric keypad. I liked it. It feels very much like an original Thinkpad keyboard. Also the 2 AAA batteries last a long time. I also had one of those mice. I didn't care for it, mainly because the batteries ran out frequently and I was replacing the batteries every couple of weeks.

The quality of Bluetooth 5000 mice is not that great.
Most of Microsoft mouse (small ones) has similar problem.

I'm able to price match the new version for $9.99
Wheel is very noisy I told the manager @ OD that
if the wheel is smooth like a demo one, then I take it.
He was in shock to confirm it takes three different mouse to get a decent mice.

The keyboard is a good quality one.

View said:   recent review on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Bluetooth-Mobile-Keyboard-5000/p...
I looked at the picture and could not find a good use case. I think it is too big for use with a tablet or phone. However, if you use it at home with a Mac it might be okay.

Well it's an odd size but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's too big for a tablet. Phone well depends on what you want to do with it. It won't fit in any phone cases and probably won't fit in most tablet cases. But look at 14-15 inch laptop cases like CaseLogic 14-Inch Laptop Sleeve, might be able to fit a tablet and a keyboard in something like that. It would certainly hold just the keyboard although not an exact fit. Or this fairly cheap NEEWER 14'' Laptop Notebook Soft Sleeve Bag Case. Not an exact fit, but not bad with significant room to spare in only one dimension. Couldn't find an exact fit, this was the best I found in a quick search. Maybe a pocket of a larger case could accommadate it nicely. I actually have one old laptop case with a pocket that it fits in well but can't find it for sale anywhere currently. There are other choices but those are the first couple I found, going by the advertised dimensions of the case vs the advertised dimensions of the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 of 13.9 x 6.6 x 0.6 inches. Maybe someone can find a better choice, just what I found first.

yeah im using it for my 14" laptop mainly because i wanted something where i dont have to be directly in front of the keyboard
i also got the motorola bluetooth keyboard in the other deal and i use that for my phone, thought id never use it but its amazingly useful
anyways its a pretty good keyboard, i personally would perfer a straight keyboard instead of an angled keyboard but to each their own

ocellaris83 said:   yeah im using it for my 14" laptop mainly because i wanted something where i dont have to be directly in front of the keyboard
i also got the motorola bluetooth keyboard in the other deal and i use that for my phone, thought id never use it but its amazingly useful
anyways its a pretty good keyboard, i personally would perfer a straight keyboard instead of an angled keyboard but to each their own

I got one of those motorola bluetooth keyboards as well, as well. Got the cheapest one I saw which ended up being the UK version. It's OK for the most part but has a few weird characters which I was hoping could be reconfigured but not that I've found. Oh well it's just a few keys but can be a bit of a PITA. If I had it to do over again I'd avoid the UK version. When I first got it I had trouble pairing it with some devices. But turned out to be my own damn fault, again (like the keyboard layout), RTFM and powered it on holding down the v, a, and r keys at the same time and viola it pairs fine. Anyway, I do like the motorola keyboard, just wish I'd been smart enough to avoid the UK version. It was pretty cheap so no big loss. And I can learn to type on it.Most keys are the same, so far the single quote is taking the most getting used to. Anyway....

Got a few keyboards for my tablets and I thought I scored a BT mouse too, but it is only the white mouse that is $9.99. The black / gray mouse rings up regular price of $39.99

NasdaqTrader889 said:   Got a few keyboards for my tablets and I thought I scored a BT mouse too, but it is only the white mouse that is $9.99. The black / gray mouse rings up regular price of $39.99There is also a white/silver Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 that is bluetooth. Not sure if that is what you got.
http://reviews.officedepot.com/2563/465565/microsoft-microsoft-b...
The black/gray one was $39.99 at my store to but they gave it to me for $9.99 since it was the only Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 left. But that was a one-off that might not happen again.

SpacelySprockets said:   NasdaqTrader889 said:   Got a few keyboards for my tablets and I thought I scored a BT mouse too, but it is only the white mouse that is $9.99. The black / gray mouse rings up regular price of $39.99There is also a white/silver Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 that is bluetooth. Not sure if that is what you got.
http://reviews.officedepot.com/2563/465565/microsoft-microsoft-b...
The black/gray one was $39.99 at my store to but they gave it to me for $9.99 since it was the only Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 left. But that was a one-off that might not happen again.

I thought that was going to happen for me too, but the manager came over and shot it down. Inventory tracker said they had one of the white ones left but they said they had zero (maybe the demo was the one showing up).

Picked up a keyboard n Denton, TX though.

Explorer Touch
Disclaimer
My OD has the black/gray one for $40 also. They have the slightly larger Explorer Touch Mouse for $10. It is hard to tell how the 4-way touch scrolling is to use. Anyone able to comment based on personal experience?

Just got back. Got the Wireless Keyboard 5000 for $12.99 and the Wireless 6000 mouse for $9.99. They also had the Microsoft Explorer Touch Mouse in Black for $9.99. I thought about getting it, but wasn't sure how well the 4-way scrolling works. Thought it might be good in Windows 8 particularly, but ultimately, I like the fact that the 6000 mouse has two additional buttons for forward and back in your browser and I use them a lot. These deals are quite insane if you ask me. I remember getting the same keyboard from one of those daily deal sites in a brown box for $16 a few months ago and this is in the retail packaging.

thx said:   My OD has the black/gray one for $40 also. They have the slightly larger Explorer Touch Mouse for $10. It is hard to tell how the 4-way touch scrolling is to use. Anyone able to comment based on personal experience?

I can't speak to how well they work, but the difference between the two is probably that one is Bluetooth (the more expensive one) and the other is wireless with a transceiver. The cheaper one is the Explorer and the Bluetooth one is called the Sculpt Touch Mouse.

TRex23 said:   thx said:   My OD has the black/gray one for $40 also. They have the slightly larger Explorer Touch Mouse for $10. It is hard to tell how the 4-way touch scrolling is to use. Anyone able to comment based on personal experience?

I can't speak to how well they work, but the difference between the two is probably that one is Bluetooth (the more expensive one) and the other is wireless with a transceiver. The cheaper one is the Explorer and the Bluetooth one is called the Sculpt Touch Mouse.

The shape is also different between the scuplt and explorer. I've had mice shaped similar to both and like the sculpt type but not the explorer type.
Just my personal preference but FYI something to consider before biting on the explorer.

Picked up the last keyboard at my store. I had purchased one last year at BB on sale for $30, so this is a nice savings. I wanted the Explorer Touch mouse as well, but they were out. Thanks OP.

Got the last keyboard in Wenatchee, WA. Cashier was surprised at the discount and immediately looked for more stock...another reminder of why you never call.

Picked up a keyboard and 5000 BT mouse.
The sales drone tried to tell me the "Bluetrack" optical technology was the same thing as Bluetooth.

sixt7gt350 said:   Picked up a keyboard and 5000 BT mouse.
The sales drone tried to tell me the "Bluetrack" optical technology was the same thing as Bluetooth.

Which is the same thing as bluray, Would you like an extended warranty with that?

SpacelySprockets said:   Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 on Microsoft web site...There are inventory checkes like this one ...

Supa Green!

Anyone get this working with Win 7 pairing? I can't seem to get this discoverable on my Lenovo 570. Lateset driver...etc and it works with my HP bluetooth mouse. This sad, can't even get its own brands to sync.

There's a small button on the bottom between the power switch and the battery door under a Bluetooth logo, you need to power on the keyboard, make sure your laptop is discoverable, then hit that button and pair it up.

optical said:   Anyone get this working with Win 7 pairing? I can't seem to get this discoverable on my Lenovo 570. Lateset driver...etc and it works with my HP bluetooth mouse. This sad, can't even get its own brands to sync.

UPSGuy said:   There's a small button on the bottom between the power switch and the battery door under a Bluetooth logo, you need to power on the keyboard, make sure your laptop is discoverable, then hit that button and pair it up.

That's what I did, turn on the keyboard and press that button. Once the keyboard light was flashing, what I think blue and red, it was no problem to pair it up. Typing this reply with the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 on Windows 7 right now. I haven't had a problem pairing it with anything I own yet.

Anyone of know of a good way to to press the send key on the IPAD messaging app with just the keyboard? (Facebook app specifically)

expired said:   Anyone of know of a good way to to press the send key on the IPAD messaging app with just the keyboard? (Facebook app specifically)
For Android there is a cheap app "External Keyboard Helper Pro" that is $2.53 right now, doesn't require rooted access. However the only working solutions I read about for ipad do require jailbreaking, Cydia "Bluetooth Keyboard Helper" Tweak is one. There are probably others, I'm not an ipad wiz really.

I got in on the keyboard and mouse -- actually got the 6000 mouse for $9.99. Love both, but I'm disappointed because I can't get the keyboard to connect to this iMito Android TV stick that I bought a couple of months ago. I have the stick in discovery mode and the keyboard flashes, but they never connect.

TRex23 said:   I got in on the keyboard and mouse -- actually got the 6000 mouse for $9.99. Love both, but I'm disappointed because I can't get the keyboard to connect to this iMito Android TV stick that I bought a couple of months ago. I have the stick in discovery mode and the keyboard flashes, but they never connect.
Can't test it since I dom't have a iMito Android TV stick. But it paired just fine with my android 4.1.2 Jellybean phone.

This deal still on??

Yes, if you can find them. Seems like select microsoft keyboards, mice, and webcams. Have them price check the items for you as some are not price right.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014