• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I thought I'd put this out there. Came across it, and it seems like a good deal.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/...

for less than 1200 shipped, can't beat it these days.

Edited to add:
Folks, we all know this will blow over...or maybe it won't and some type of ban will be implemented. We just don't know. Either way, some folks are looking for an AR style rifle right now. I know this gun went for about 400 bucks a year ago, but that doesn't do anything if someone wants one now.

Member Summary

AR-15
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems like pretty decent deal. I can only assume why anyone gave you red...

Geez, just wait until this panic blows over and buy a decent gun for this price.

chedv said:   Geez, just wait until this panic blows over and buy a decent gun for this price.
So you think they'll go back down?

Well I had hopes this would go up in smoke but a close reading of past two days major newspapers giving up hope.
I turned down $900 for my original AR-15 bought in 76 a few weeks ago. I served me faithfully in several departments
where it was the only weapon of it's type. It has a few light mars on stock from manhunting in heavy timber but
those 'battle scars' make it more valuable to me. My advice would be if you truly want one don't wait for the
axe to fall.

gun shows are dead and no one is buying....think the hype is over and prices should come back down to reality

chedv said:   Geez, just wait until this panic blows over and buy a decent gun for this price.

This. People who would red this either don't believe that the public should own assualt rifles or ... that the current "panic" buying by the public is causing prices to rise out-of-control.

If you buy now you may be buying at an overly-inflated price while (once the panic subsides) you could pick it up much cheaper.

My personal experience with buds is a terrible one. And unless you need this today, I would wait for the prices to come down. And they will come down.

Hang in there just a bit longer, folks. Supply's are slowly outpacing demand again and prices are heading downward. Just this past weekend Kygunco had DPMS Oracle for $849

Hell I was just at a gun show last week...yep there were some real crazy prices, but there were some deals also...Seen a Delton M4 for $799

The panic is subsiding considerably. There is basically zero chance of the ban and the prices are starting to reflect this. Plus....credit card bills are coming to those who overpaid for their guns.....don't be surprised if they add to the supply in short order.

Disclaimer

Disclaimer
Here is a Buds email from 10/7/09: panic buying" seems to be over

These were $650 all day long until the last year. If you can wait out this craziness you can safe yourself some coins.

You could have had this for 650 and spent the rest on an Adams Arms piston kit plus Geissele trigger or an Eotech... I would wait. SIG M400 SRP's are going around the same price (higher quality lower).

My experience with Buds has always been very good.

I bought a rifle from buds and the experience was fine. Having said that, this might be a good deal for now, but good gracious it's waaaaaaaay overpriced for regular times. Unlike gasoline (sadly), I don't think the price of guns will stay up - most people don't have to use them everyday and it seems like everyone is buying them. Thus, supply of used will increase and demand should decrease.

Just saying...

I'm not sure why anyone thinks the demand or "panic" has subsided. The last three guns shows I went to were completely crowded. Second, it isn't as if prices will just drop back to where they were, hard drive prices are still higher than they were in pre-flood years despite that disaster being long gone. Gas prices haven't come down despite the recent boom in American oil production. I think it's foolish to expect pre-gun grabber prices ever again.

The gun shows are super busy, ammo especially is flying off the shelves at high prices. Demand is huge

Today was an avalanche of ammo deals. I saw loads of .223 sold by Cabellas, GMT and PSA. 12$/20 Prvi Partisan and Winchester USA Rifle Ammunition .223 Remington 55 Grain FMJ. How much would I get on gun show for box of 20 ? Can I double money ? I could buy 20-30 boxes easily every second day at this price. How much realistically can I sell in one day on a gun show ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014