• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy daily deal (3/18 only):
Lorex Vantage Stream Wireless IP Surveillance Camera, model no. LNC116, for $99.99 with free shipping. 640x480 resolution, 802.11n wireless connectivity, night vision with a range of up to 30 feet, 2-way audio support, microSD recording, push notification and email alerts, iOS and Android connectivity, and more.

Link

Member Summary

lorex
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good price comparing prices for this model sold elsewhere, but why are they still making cameras with only VGA (640x480) resolution?

$100 is about the price-point where you start seeing 1024x768 units in a handful of other brands, and (at least for me) a better picture is what I am after, because being able to make out details (like a face), is a big plus. VGA resolution IP Camera units let you make out what is going on but they have been around for 10+ years. Only recently have consumer level IP cameras even started offering higher resolution sensors. What is taking so long? I still have, and use, several VGA cameras, but would love to replace them higher resolution units if only more companies would start making them in the consumer price range.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014