• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples Weekly Ad for March 24-30
*Ad now posted on Staples Website*

Coupons
Expo Fine Markers, assorted, 4/pack (282475) FREE (Limit 2 coupons per customer per day!) *Appears to be regional*
$5 off Cleaning Breakroom Purchase of $25 or more (valid instore, online, and by phone)

Staple's 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper, 10-ream case. $49.99 - $25 Easy Rebate - $25 Coupon* = Free*
*Sunday, Monday, Tuesday(?) only. Slight YMMV. See discussion here.
------------------
Staple's 5 Ream Case $4.99 (after $20 in rewards)
------------------
Charmin Basic bathroom Tissue, 16/pack. $6.99
------------------
Free Sandisk Blade 16 GB USB Flash drive when you buy $75 of same brand ink.

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I tried applying both coupons, but it only takes one or the other. I can confirm that the new coupon only takes off $5 w... (more)

triamarker (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 4:00p) |

Has anyone had success with these types of deals (using expired coupons) on a tuesday? I would like to capitalize on thi... (more)

jjmy (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 9:05p) |

Just picked picked up 2 markers, free ream and free photo paper. $5.99 + $5.99 + $6.99 + $9.99 = $28.96 - $5 off $25 Sha... (more)

metsfan (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 5:50p) |

Expo Markers are regional deal: either Free after Coupon or $1 w/ Coupon.

01742 - $1 Boston suburbs, MA
02108 - $1 Boston, MA
04*** - free all a Maine
05401 - free Burlington, VT
06905 - $1 Stamford, CT
10021 - free NY, NY
10607 - $1 Westchester County, NY
11361 - $1 Queens County, NY
19101 - $1 Philadelphia area, PA
20420 - $1 Washington, DC
30309 - $1 Atlanta, GA
33033 - $1 Miami, FL
462** - $1 Indianapolis area, IN
47808 - $1 Terre Haute area, IN
48*** - $1 Detroit Metro area, MI
55116 - $1 Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
60*** - $1 Chicago area, IL
94109 - $1 San Francisco, CA
94606 - $1 Oakland, CA
95405 - $1 Northern CA
97220 - $1 Portland, OR

Additional coupons for free after SER Staples 8 1/2 x 11 paper ream and 4x6 photo paper:
http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/?icid=HDC:HDC:DROPDOWN:WEEKLY:COUPON:20120909
Need the coupons to get the rebates. And FYI, the photo paper may not appear the same as the picture on the coupon.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the HU. That's the whole print ad? Will be a few more pages when the online ad goes up Thursday. 3/31 is Easter so I suppose they are in wind down mode next week.

dazviking said:   Sorry the pages are rotated. Couldn't seem to save them in proper orientation.

I rotated them and combined them into a single PDF and added to QS.

thanks labboy....but I don't see them in qs. (But it does remind me of another program I can try...)

Edit: Well it looks like I when I finally got my corrected version up, yours appeared in QS. Go figure. Thanks though!

Math, there is some furniture and printers that I did not add to scan.

the dry erase markers are interesting...

FWIW, one might try using the following coupons that expire on saturday on 3/24:

FAC/Rewards 5 ream
FAC/R 10 ream of multipurpose paper 513096 (49.99 - 25 coupon - 25 EZR) one might convert rewards and get the paper FAC/R

the hammermill ream @ $4 might be decent if there's a coupon in the tuesday(?) run of coupons Staples seems to send out these days...)

thank you OP for the heads up.

thanks - hoping to get in on some paper at FAC/R

Thanks OP. Is the $5 off Cleaning Breakroom Purchase of 25 before or after applying rewards? In other words will i still work if I pay with rewards? Thanks still learning the Staples ropes.

chantspel said:   Thanks OP. Is the $5 off Cleaning Breakroom Purchase of 25 before or after applying rewards? In other words will i still work if I pay with rewards? Thanks still learning the Staples ropes.

you can use this coupon and still pay with rewards. it will take $5 off $25+ before tax.

On SD someone said - On Sunday, combine $25 paper case Q from this week with 25 easy rebate for free after easy rebate. Q's generally work for 1-2 days after expiration

I dont get it

mrkk said:   On SD someone said - On Sunday, combine $25 paper case Q from this week with 25 easy rebate for free after easy rebate. Q's generally work for 1-2 days after expiration

I dont get it
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1263006/

So I'm going to ask here since this is an active Staples thread.

I still have not received my rebate check from offer #12-41641 that I filed on 1-24.

RebatesHQ shows a check being issued on 2-21.

If I haven't received it by now is the check likely lost in the mail? Tomorrow will be one months since the issue date.

Do I call? And if so - do I call Staples or RebatesHQ?

thanks

BenH said:   So I'm going to ask here since this is an active Staples thread.

I still have not received my rebate check from offer #12-41641 that I filed on 1-24.

If I haven't received it by now is the check likely lost in the mail? Tomorrow will be one months since the issue date.

thanks
Just did this for a check that was 30 days past issueance and it took 5 minutes via chat on RebatesHQ.com. First missing check for probably rebates on 200 items.

mathfaster said:   Just did this for a check that was 30 days past issueance and it took 5 minutes via chat on RebatesHQ.com. First missing check for probably rebates on 200 items.

great thanks...just did the same - they say I'll get it in 15 days.

the ad is up on the website...

thank you again OP for the heads up

Ad for my local store has the Expo dry erase markers as $1 after coupon. I was looking forward to getting a few of those. Will probably still get a couple, but not as many.

Edit: Actually any zip code I put in has them as $1 not free. Anyone found a zip code that shows the free after coupon dry erase markers?

metsfan said:   Ad for my local store has the Expo dry erase markers as $1 after coupon. I was looking forward to getting a few of those. Will probably still get a couple, but not as many.

Edit: Actually any zip code I put in has them as $1 not free. Anyone found a zip code that shows the free after coupon dry erase markers?

zip 04401 shows free markers

my4mainecoons said:   metsfan said:   Ad for my local store has the Expo dry erase markers as $1 after coupon. I was looking forward to getting a few of those. Will probably still get a couple, but not as many.

Thanks. Interesting... looks like it's the same coupon code, just a different regular price. $3.79 regular price in 04401, $5.99 regular price in 93117. Coupon code 29627 either way.

my4mainecoons said:   metsfan said:   Ad for my local store has the Expo dry erase markers as $1 after coupon. I was looking forward to getting a few of those. Will probably still get a couple, but not as many.

Hey, I was just going to say that!

lol, did you think we didn't know where to find you?

Free for me too so it looks like free in northern New England. I checked CT and Boston area zips. They're $1 there.
Wonder why we got lucky or if its a typo. Print now!

*flys to NE for a week, fills carry-on bag full of markers, flys back*

I checked ads for several Queens (NYC) and Nassau (Long Island) locations and it shows $1. Strangely, the ads for Manhattan locations (Vesey St, Union Square) show FREE.

wmnetid said:   I checked ads for several Queens (NYC) and Nassau (Long Island) locations and it shows $1. Strangely, the ads for Manhattan locations (Vesey St, Union Square) show FREE.
Maybe we should be posting this info in the QS. $1 in Westchester County (NY)

eta: started a list in QS. Please share your search results.

So it appears the retail coupon code is the same for locations offering the markers for free or for $1 (29627 282475).

I take it then that they will have their registers coded region specific? What if you took in a print out from an ad in location that was free? I assume it wouldn't work?

BenH said:   So it appears the retail coupon code is the same for locations offering the markers for free or for $1 (29627 282475).

I take it then that they will have their registers coded region specific? What if you took in a print out from an ad in location that was free? I assume it wouldn't work?

personally, I hate when they do this (different net coupon price on same item for different markets). My feeling is, if you bring in one of the free coupons printed out from another zip to a zip where they are charging a $1, perhaps you can request a price match. have nothing to lose to ask, worst they can do is refuse you.

Free
Disclaimer
I posted up above, and it says on the coupons: I bet the coupon is up to $4.99, not more than the price of the product. So the places it costs less than $4.99, it will be free... places it costs $5.99, it will be $1. The difference is due to different regular shelf prices in different places.

If that's the case its surprising the mid-town Manhattan has lower prices than NYC suburbs. Usually the other way around.

my4mainecoons said:   If that's the case its surprising the mid-town Manhattan has lower prices than NYC suburbs. Usually the other way around.Yeah, VERY odd. Maybe it's just a mistake in the ad that they are showing for Manhattan.

billrubin said:   my4mainecoons said:   If that's the case its surprising the mid-town Manhattan has lower prices than NYC suburbs. Usually the other way around.Yeah, VERY odd. Maybe it's just a mistake in the ad that they are showing for Manhattan.
Maybe the "Free" is a mistake all the way around?
Maybe the markers were initially going to be free then got changed to $1 but someone missed pulling it from ad in a few markets.
Northern New England never gets special deals. Midtown lower priced than the burbs? I've never seen it happen that way before but you never know.
At any rate, I've printed the ad & coupon to pdf although they could post an ad correction in store and not honor it. I'm betting on an ad correction

metsfan said:   I posted up above, and it says on the coupons: I bet the coupon is up to $4.99, not more than the price of the product. So the places it costs less than $4.99, it will be free... places it costs $5.99, it will be $1. The difference is due to different regular shelf prices in different places.

Staples ads have nothing to do with existing regional B&M shelf pricing. In fact, Staples corp often has little or no knowledge of a most of the customer targeted or regional manufacturer coupons offerings that are sent out daily in all forms of Staples advertising. The reason: unlike a lot of large retailers Staples has an outside, independent marketing firm that does all their advertising. This includes test product marketing and product placements. Often their PR contractor will intentionally create different promotions for the same item to test response to products in different markets. This is done either at the product manufacturer's request who funds the campaign. In some cases the different regional promotions for the same item may be in response to a similar offering from a competitor (ie Office Depot) who may be offering a similar deal in the same time frame. In any case there are numerous past examples where Staples marketing has totally fubarred targeted promotions because they consistently seem to forget about the Internet and that any information showing price or offer discrepancies will be quickly shared across markets.

cnIsfg said:   Often their PR contractor will intentionally create different promotions for the same item to test response to products in different markets. This is done either at the product manufacturer's request who funds the campaign. In some cases the different regional promotions for the same item may be in response to a similar offering from a competitor (ie Office Depot) who may be offering a similar deal in the same time frame. In any case there are numerous past examples where Staples marketing has totally fubarred targeted promotions because they consistently seem to forget about the Internet and that any information showing price or offer discrepancies will be quickly shared across markets.
You've probably already seen this, but back around Christmas 2012, the W@ll Street Journal ran a test looking at Stapl3s' nationwide prices:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323476304578198373...

Here's the accompanying article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323777204578189391...

Very interesting results to say the least.

mathfaster said:   BenH said:   So I'm going to ask here since this is an active Staples thread.

thanks
Just did this for a check that was 30 days past issueance and it took 5 minutes via chat on RebatesHQ.com. First missing check for probably rebates on 200 items.

Is there a way to check which "check" did we receive based on the tracking number or something else?
I filed 2 rebates for photo paper ($29.99) almost around the same time, received one rebate almost 20 days back but not the other. Was thinking of calling or chatting with them, but to make sure which one of those I received is confusing. The rebate tracking id when we submit the rebates online is different than the id on the check. I noticed this for almost all of my checks.

But at times, since we know by wording like Kaspersy, photo paper , Staples paper etc I can make out that this rebate check is for this item, but since I had 2 of the photo papers, I cannot figure out which one of those did I receive. Any help.

TIA

MysteriousGirl said:   ...Is there a way to check which "check" did we receive based on the tracking number or something else?
I filed 2 rebates for photo paper ($29.99) almost around the same time, received one rebate almost 20 days back but not the other. Was thinking of calling or chatting with them, but to make sure which one of those I received is confusing. The rebate tracking id when we submit the rebates online is different than the id on the check. I noticed this for almost all of my checks.

But at times, since we know by wording like Kaspersy, photo paper , Staples paper etc I can make out that this rebate check is for this item, but since I had 2 of the photo papers, I cannot figure out which one of those did I receive. Any help.

TIA
If you already cashed the check for one just go to RebatesHQ.com and see which one has been cashed. Same for the easy rebates using the original tracking number IIRC but RebatesHQ.com usually has more detail like check number.

mathfaster said:   MysteriousGirl said:   ...Is there a way to check which "check" did we receive based on the tracking number or something else?

TIA
If you already cashed the check for one just go to RebatesHQ.com and see which one has been cashed. Same for the easy rebates using the original tracking number IIRC but RebatesHQ.com usually has more detail like check number.

Also, my rebate tracking page that puts all the rebates on a single page lists check number (data retrieved from rebateshq.com after looking up rebates on stapleseasyrebates.com). It takes a while to load, as it has to grab each rebate page separately.

metsfan said:   Also, my rebate tracking page that puts all the rebates on a single page lists check number (data retrieved from rebateshq.com after looking up rebates on stapleseasyrebates.com). It takes a while to load, as it has to grab each rebate page separately.

hey - I don't know you from Adam, so I am not about to accuse you of wrongdoing. However I recommend NO ONE use this link as you have to provide your rebate information that could possibly be intercepted and used by others (like the maintainer of that link).

While it would be likely difficult to intercept a check payment made out to another party - more convoluted schemes have happened.

Again, metsfan - it's not that I am saying you are distrustful - but in general this is a warning to anyone to realize that link is not direct to Staples and that you are able to track all of the information given and returned.

BenH said:   metsfan said:   Also, my rebate tracking page that puts all the rebates on a single page lists check number (data retrieved from rebateshq.com after looking up rebates on stapleseasyrebates.com). It takes a while to load, as it has to grab each rebate page separately.

hey - I don't know you from Adam, so I am not about to accuse you of wrongdoing. However I recommend NO ONE use this link as you have to provide your rebate information that could possibly be intercepted and used by others (like the maintainer of that link).

While it would be likely difficult to intercept a check payment made out to another party - more convoluted schemes have happened.

Again, metsfan - it's not that I am saying you are distrustful - but in general this is a warning to anyone to realize that link is not direct to Staples and that you are able to track all of the information given and returned.

People keep saying things like this; I don't get it. For one, you can see all the source code here. Two, look at the information you're providing: name, email address, zip code. It's not like this is private information. But do what you want, I'm not forcing anyone to use it. I wrote it for myself, and thought I'd share. None of the information is saved or stored or used in any way.

I just booked my ticket, got the third box car on the midnight train, final destination Bangor, Maine!

metsfan said:   People keep saying things like this; I don't get it. For one, you can see all the source code here. Two, look at the information you're providing: name, email address, zip code. It's not like this is private information. But do what you want, I'm not forcing anyone to use it. I wrote it for myself, and thought I'd share. None of the information is saved or stored or used in any way.

Well if people keep on saying it...don't you think it has some merit

Again - I'm not accusing you of anything - likely you are on the up and up. OTOH, there is a chance you might not be and I think anyone clicking on that link should know the possible risks.
Just because you post code and say nothing is tracked doesn't make it so. What is running on the back end we don't have insight into.
I just think people should know clearly that what they are using is a 3rd party gateway that their information traverses through.

I personally think you are probably on the up and up and it looks like a good idea - and thanks for sharing it.
But...I personally wouldn't even risk it when it is easy enough to use the Staples site to look this info up.

Skipping 30 Messages...
Just picked picked up 2 markers, free ream and free photo paper. $5.99 + $5.99 + $6.99 + $9.99 = $28.96 - $5 off $25 Shazam - $4.99 markers - $4.99 markers = $13.98 + tax. Get back $16.98 in rebates.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014