• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ATI Omni Stripped Polymer Lower Receiver

American Tactical's state of the art polymer AR lower reciever
Will accept all standard AR parts and accessories.
Accepts and works with 5.56 uppers and magazines

Get em while you can!

I purchased two of these back when they first were released to test the durability and reliability of these lowers. All I can say is i have shot a few thousand rounds through it and its still holding up like a champ. The second one hasn't even left the box, which I expected to need after the first one broke. lol

Cheers!

DW

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › ATI
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You ppl need to chill out with the panic buying so prices can go back to normal. The sky is not falling, RELAX already!!! These need to be around $40

dkd711 said:   You ppl need to chill out with the panaic buying so prices can go back to normal. The sky is not falling, RELAX already!!! These need to be around $40

They were NEVER $40 dollars at normal price nor will they ever get that low. I picked these up on a Black Friday sale with PSA for $39.99.... ON SALE. These came out at a low price to get people to buy them just like any other company does with something new. After New Frontier and Plum Crazy steered many away from the new idea of polymer lowers due to lack of quality, ATI needed some way to market these out. I don't see how asking $70 for a stripped lower is gauging? It's cheaper than an aluminum lower, which on average come in around $130-140... twice as much.

DesertWarden said:   dkd711 said:   You ppl need to chill out with the panaic buying so prices can go back to normal. The sky is not falling, RELAX already!!! These need to be around $40

They were NEVER $40 dollars at normal price nor will they ever get that low. I picked these up on a Black Friday sale with PSA for $39.99.... ON SALE. These came out at a low price to get people to buy them just like any other company does with something new. After New Frontier and Plum Crazy steered many away from the new idea of polymer lowers due to lack of quality, ATI needed some way to market these out. I don't see how asking $70 for a stripped lower is gauging? It's cheaper than an aluminum lower, which on average come in around $130-140... twice as much.

Point is that this is not a deal because they had all night in stock complete ATI lower that this stripped receiver 69$ plus classic build kit 129$ and it is all combined was 129. This was a deal and it was in stock all night.

Doesn't seem to be a deal, really ...

Are these any different from the New Frontier ones?

MaxMojo said:   Are these any different from the New Frontier ones?

Higher quality mold and the polymer just feels more solid in hard. The New Frontier have quite a few imperfections as the ATI do not.

daczilla said:   Doesn't seem to be a deal, really ...

If you don't feels its a good deal, then you should probably pass on this one... Let me know when they get down to $40.

There is a link here where one guy is trying to compare Omni and NF

I don't think either of the lowers are as bad as the review portrays them or shows them in the pics lol. Here are a few samplers on one of mine to show the real quality.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Poly Omni Plower with a little deffect
Disclaimer

Poly vs Aluminium side by side
Disclaimer
I will show you pictures of mine with a little defect visible. Also notice that it looks like a Poly lower looks as glued from two pieces as there is a line in the middle

Stas1976 said:   I will show you pictures of mine with a little defect visible. Also notice that it looks like a Poly lower looks as glued from two pieces as there is a line in the middle

Bad batch maybe? Neither of mine look like that. I've only had a chance to handle both mine and one other so I am not sure... yours may be an isolated issue or something. The threads and everything else look clean like mine though. Either way for the money I don't think you can find a better option, especially if you are making a dedicated .22LR plinker.

Stas1976 said:   I will show you pictures of mine with a little defect visible. Also notice that it looks like a Poly lower looks as glued from two pieces as there is a line in the middle

Are your sure that's not just the mold parting line down the middle? You'll see this on all plastic parts

ricoscoro said:   Stas1976 said:   I will show you pictures of mine with a little defect visible. Also notice that it looks like a Poly lower looks as glued from two pieces as there is a line in the middle

Are your sure that's not just the mold parting line down the middle? You'll see this on all plastic parts

That's what I was thinking too but idk enough about molds to say.

ricoscoro said:   Stas1976 said:   I will show you pictures of mine with a little defect visible. Also notice that it looks like a Poly lower looks as glued from two pieces as there is a line in the middle

It is inside the receiver as well but not going all way trough. I was trying to understand if they actually stamped two sides and then somehow made them stick together. Did not come to a clear answer. I also had few finish issues around threaded holes that I have already corrected with a file. But this crack/defect on the photo could not be removed. Probably I just got a poor luck. Next time I would definitely buy a full polymer lower for 129$ but stripped for 70$ is not worth buying if PSA 119$ aluminum one is in stock almost everyday. Especially now when AWB is definitely not going to happen as it is not a part of oncoming legislation anymore.

DesertWarden said:   ATI Omni vs New Frontier

I want to assemble an AR pistol from my Omni. There are some relatively inexpensive 14 inches uppers around that might do the job. I just not sure how legal it is to buy a 14 inches upper and assemble a pistol if the same upper can be installed on the normal non-pistol lower in a matter of seconds. So if you have two different assemblies at home one is pistol assembly with 14" barrel and another one with a buttstock and 16" barrel not sure if it is legal cause uppers are interchangeable.

The reality is that injection molded plastic lowers cost around $1 apiece to make and cast aluminum lowers around $5 to make on a CNC. So what ever the market price of the cheapest aluminum lower I'd the plastic lower should be 1/5 the price. How ever this will never happen when people think $130 is a good price for a cast lower. 2 years back you could pickup a cast receiver could be had for $80 about any day of the week. As long as dumb asses are willing to pay what ever then prices will stay high. Myself I'm waiting to buy complete AR's for 1/3 of what people paid for them as soon as they realize there is a glut.

taavin said:   The reality is that injection molded plastic lowers cost around $1 apiece to make and cast aluminum lowers around $5 to make on a CNC. So what ever the market price of the cheapest aluminum lower I'd the plastic lower should be 1/5 the price. How ever this will never happen when people think $130 is a good price for a cast lower. 2 years back you could pickup a cast receiver could be had for $80 about any day of the week. As long as dumb asses are willing to pay what ever then prices will stay high. Myself I'm waiting to buy complete AR's for 1/3 of what people paid for them as soon as they realize there is a glut.

I used to work on a factory that makes soles from thermoplastic. One pair costs 3-5$ to produce not including equipment cost. And it was just simple soles for men boots. No any holes to drill, no mill spec or any other tolerance standards. How you can claim that you can do a lower for 5$ from Aluminum ? I guess you just talk too much.

These are probably good enough for the average shooter, but forged lowers are coming in stock daily for under a hundred bucks. Spend a little more for steel, it looks better, is more reliable, and will last forever.

ZombieHunter said:   These are probably good enough for the average shooter, but forged lowers are coming in stock daily for under a hundred bucks. Spend a little more for steel, it looks better, is more reliable, and will last forever.

lol....steel? What are you making a full auto belt fed beowulf?

Do a little more reading before you give advice. It may be helpful to learn the difference between forged, cast and different types of aluminum.

Thanks for the early morning lol

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014