• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Total Defense
Disclaimer
Total Defense Anti-Virus 3 PCs Free A/R + $10 Gift Card !

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832413419

Rebate Form

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Fine print:

The product must be activated prior to rebate redemption. Activation will require a valid credit card however your subscription may be cancelled at
anytime. Total Defense will verify that the product has been activated.

nortotron said:   Fine print:

The product must be activated prior to rebate redemption. Activation will require a valid credit card however your subscription may be cancelled at
anytime. Total Defense will verify that the product has been activated.

Thanks OP for the deal but ...

... this is the company that switches your deactivation / cancellation preferences on their will unilaterally at a later point in time when you least suspect it and send you email at the last moment to let you know. Very sneaky, not worth $10 to me compared to the headache...

Both product and rebate are lousy.

NM

Stay away my dear FWF'ers. This is an evil evil company!

They don't honor their own rebate. They will tell you that you didn't activate the product (even though it will be working on your device).

Then they will tell you that you didn't enroll in automatic renewal. Again a lie!

Then they will charge you anyway because now they magically have your automatic renewal.

Stay away from this monster!!

OP sorry my red is not for you but for the product so others stay away from it.

I don't give red for FAR deals often, but when I do, it's for companies like this one.

Definitely stay away from this company. Do NOT trust them with your credit card for activation (and if you do, it better be a temporary one).

A red "Best Deal", that's funny !

Thanks for the heads up!!! )

just a follow up...
I bought this and received the rebate (not used yet) and the $10 Newegg credit(which I already used) , but I never entered a CC anywhere on their site to activate. I did activate on an old XP laptop I had avast free AV on, so just uninstalled it, and installed TD.
It works, is about all I can say.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
anytime. Total Defense will verify that the product has been activated

FatBrewer said:   just a follow up...
I bought this and received the rebate (not used yet) and the $10 Newegg credit(which I already used) , but I never entered a CC anywhere on their site to activate. I did activate on an old XP laptop I had avast free AV on, so just uninstalled it, and installed TD.
It works, is about all I can say.

Even Ponzi paid the initial investors -- to induce a continuing source of funds.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014