Windows 7 Licenses for 50-75% off!

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this on another forum (AVS) and people verified it to be good.

LINK

Windows 7 Home Premium = $50
Windows 7 Pro = $60
Windows 7 Ultimate = $70

And it looks like even bigger discounts if you purchase more than 1 copy!

Member Summary

windows
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Beekeeper, I wasn't even referring to you with that post so chill out.

reset2k (May. 17, 2013 @ 12:49p) |

How is that "taking care of it" thing working out for you ?

BloatedElvis (May. 17, 2013 @ 1:37p) |

Yes they are
Why so hostile?

Magickly (May. 25, 2013 @ 7:23p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That's looks like a fantastic price for Windows 7. Not many people have liked windows 8 and they might enjoy this sale. But, Microsoft wont be supporting windows 7 for long.

Is this place legit?

rockymast said:   That's looks like a fantastic price for Windows 7. Not many people have liked windows 8 and they might enjoy this sale. But, Microsoft wont be supporting windows 7 for long.
Yes they will.

I use cheapgk.com they're cheaper and I bought many licenses from them

rockymast said:   But, Microsoft wont be supporting windows 7 for long.

... probably only for the next 10 years or so. It is worthwhile to note that Microsoft had to push back the "retirement" date for XP several times, and still supports it through Windows Update. Windows 7 will probably be similar, in view of the lukewarm reception of Windows 8 and RT.

dyh24 said:   I use cheapgk.com they're cheaper and I bought many licenses from them

I'm worried about CheapGK.com . Has anyone else used this site and is able to vouch for this site? $22 for Win7 home is pretty good, but might be too good to be true...

I've bought about 5 office licenses from them, and many win 7 Pro. They all still work

Thorin78 said:   Is this place legit?
They are. If you ever want a HTPC/Media Server build, go to them.

dyh24 said:   I use cheapgk.com they're cheaper and I bought many licenses from them

Do you get an actual sticker w/ the key from them or is it email only.

No sticker, a download link and key

punisherawr said:   dyh24 said:   I use cheapgk.com they're cheaper and I bought many licenses from them

I'm worried about CheapGK.com . Has anyone else used this site and is able to vouch for this site? $22 for Win7 home is pretty good, but might be too good to be true...

The site does not even know how to properly embed an image. I would not touch it with a 10' pole.

Hmmm...my Malwarebytes Pro blocked access to cheapgk.com ...

they used to have a dif site called genuinekey.com I used them both and always paid with paypal, I don't really care about site quality all I care is that I have a licensed windows product

Can anyone else vouch for CheapGK.com. It looks way shady.

Yeah, cheapgk.com is blocked by McAfee's web filter as a malicious site. I would certainly use a one-time credit card number, if at all.

"How can we offer this?

As hardware manufacturers begin turning to and installing Windows 8 OS on their systems, excess copies of Windows 7 are left without computers. These excess copies are offered to a variety of channels at a discounted price to recoup some of the initial investment made in order to receive volume discounts."

OEM copies of Windows 7. These are supposed to be sold only with new hardware. It's questionable if these are legal or not, especially with the way they are getting the key to the end user.

I would imagine they get these off old systems or salvage etc. I don't believe these are new licenses

If CheapGK.com is a scammer site, it's the worst one i've ever seen. They can't steal your money if they don't give you anyway to pay for the stuff.

if you email them, they will give you a paypal address

I don't have any way to validate the key anyway, short of re-installing windows.

dyh24 said:   No sticker, a download link and key

No sticker is useless then. Pretty sure that is piracy. Anybody can get a key from anywhere to install windows. Where I worked before you would use one master disc to install windows and then put the key sticker on the pc. That key sticker never matches the windows key on the pc. I could just write down that key and sell it like this and the person w/ the PC would never even know his key has been ripped off unless he goes to try and reinstall w/ the key sticker(most people won't).

jdcynical said:   OEM copies of Windows 7. These are supposed to be sold only with new hardware. It's questionable if these are legal or not, especially with the way they are getting the key to the end user.

Microsoft support told me OEM licenses can't be resold. You can only resell retail licenses.

Were talking about two different sites here, and it seems like its confusing some of you.

First of all, DO NOT buy from the site listed in the first post if your particular about not violating copyrights. Those are OEM copes sold specifcally to certain manufacturers. They are not liscensed for resell in this manner. While they may activate, it violates the terms of the liscense.

As far as cheapgk goes, I didn't click that link but if follows in much the same suite. If the COA/Serial was taken from another machine, then it is not legal to reuse it on another machine. End of story.

raider73 said:   dyh24 said:   No sticker, a download link and key

No sticker is useless then. Pretty sure that is piracy. Anybody can get a key from anywhere to install windows. Where I worked before you would use one master disc to install windows and then put the key sticker on the pc. That key sticker never matches the windows key on the pc. I could just write down that key and sell it like this and the person w/ the PC would never even know his key has been ripped off unless he goes to try and reinstall w/ the key sticker(most people won't).

Exactly which is why pretty much both sites are not legit

Actually I'm even shocked that an OEM manufacturer would even do this?

If microsoft could ever prove they were doing it, it would be pretty much the end of that
company putting windows on their machines. Which in todays market would pretty much
put you out of business.

could someone tell me how you get the software that your talking about buying the install key for?

raider73 said:   dyh24 said:   No sticker, a download link and key

No sticker doesn't mean useless - I bought two of the Win 8 upgrade downloads direct from MS and didn't get any sticker or COA. But yeah, this seems very shady to me and I wouldn't go anywhere near it. Actually when I first looked at the link I read it as "Ass Ass In PC" in said to myself "you gotta be kidding me" (of course after going to the link I noticed it was actually AssassinPC)

good fun, their audiophile HTPC is 2k and 2.5k? lol You can build one for 500 to 700$ or cheaper...

Windows 8 is different, idk if you noticed but even windows 8 PCs don't come with stickers

while I cannot vouch this is a legal license, Assassin is a well respected user on AVS who is on the leading edge of htpc's & runs his own help site.

rockymast said:   That's looks like a fantastic price for Windows 7. Not many people have liked windows 8 and they might enjoy this sale. But, Microsoft wont be supporting windows 7 for long.

Uh, they are still supporting XP. I don't think you have anything to worry about soon.

drodge said:   rockymast said:   That's looks like a fantastic price for Windows 7. Not many people have liked windows 8 and they might enjoy this sale. But, Microsoft wont be supporting windows 7 for long.

Uh, they are still supporting XP. I don't think you have anything to worry about soon.

But for only one more year. At work, they are making us switch sooner rather than later which means nuke the site from orbit.

dyh24 said:   Windows 8 is different, idk if you noticed but even windows 8 PCs don't come with stickers
That's because the product code in inbedded in the bios. BTW, any FW members who are considering these Win 7 installs because they can't stand Win 8, just install Classic Shell. It turns Win 8 into Win 7 but keeps all of the speed and other improvements to the Windows operating system. I use it and would not now go back to Win 7 after originally hating Win 8.

Try startmenu8 by IObit, its even nicer and way better than classic shell and is free as well.

This reminds me of local craigslist ads for keys. I paid $29 for one last year (Win7 Ultimate). Registered and activated fine. Worked for months.

Then it stopped working. Got prompts to buy a new key. These are volume licenses that may or may not work forever. Mine did not. I don't care because it was a cheap spare machine, but as always, caveat emptor.

DrKlahn said:   rockymast said:   But, Microsoft wont be supporting windows 7 for long.

... probably only for the next 10 years or so. It is worthwhile to note that Microsoft had to push back the "retirement" date for XP several times, and still supports it through Windows Update. Windows 7 will probably be similar, in view of the lukewarm reception of Windows 8 and RT.

This is correct. Microsoft will do what the market demands they do if they want to stay in business.

I don't like windows 8 either. But I decided to just use the "desktop" feature, installed a start button and whala! Looks like win 7 again. I even went so far as to find a win 7 background to use as my wallpaper. lol. Like I never changed machines. When I restart it takes me back to desktop. So I never have to see the "metro" look unless I actually click to go to it. So I'm okay with win 8 now so long as I continue to make it look like 7

This sure appears to be grey market software. Microsoft tends to look the other way most of the time but there are plenty of forum posts out there by people that have bought a grey market license and have later been told by MS that their license is invalid.

Skipping 97 Messages...
Yes they are
Why so hostile?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014