• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

The browser sucks on this thing. But it could be a good phone for someone who doesn't use the Internet on their phone, or a damn good $30 PDA if you don't use the phone features. And you can install Rogue and single player Scrabble on it, which Android won't accept.

Sears
Need a Sears coupon that earns 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

palm
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

littleswallow (Mar. 23, 2013 @ 6:37p) |

Not that it has anything to do with the Treo (ahhh memories...), but most of those 100,000 are not native apps. They ar... (more)

mase123987 (Mar. 23, 2013 @ 6:54p) |

To dispel further misinformation about the new Blackberry
BlackBerry 10 breaks 100k app barrier with help from Android po... (more)

littleswallow (Mar. 23, 2013 @ 7:28p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A dethroned king!

You cannot use internet and have to deal with so small keys. makes pretty useless for young as well as for older crowd. Not to mention fat thumb/finger people would hate it too.

There are plenty of $20 phones if you just want to use for making calls and other stuff.

f2000sa said:   A dethroned king!

Many brave rulers would have given up a good portion of their kingdoms for one of these in 1997.

jhatka said:   You cannot use internet and have to deal with so small keys. makes pretty useless for young as well as for older crowd. Not to mention fat thumb/finger people would hate it too.

There are plenty of $20 phones if you just want to use for making calls and other stuff.


Agreed. My post stated that the Internet on it sucks. It's a cheap PDA, or a cheap phone with integrated PDA.

I am thinking to trade in this to HTC for $100.


http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one/signup

If you have thin fingers, it's a good PagePlus candidate if you don't need data, and just want to talk/text. Verizon device, no need to hack anything, just *228 after activating on PP.

Wouldn't call it a "damn good" PDA considering you can get Android 4.0 smartphones like HTC One V for $50 on deals, and use Wi-Fi to do some major PDA'ing.

Pretty useless phone in today's world IMO.

Hard to carry, hard to type, unable to surf on internet, little too big to make calls etc etc

Might be a good paperweight though.....

I have the "newer" version of this phone that doesn't have the antenna nub on top. It served it's purpose back in the day but now it's sitting in the closet for the past 4 years. If you have use for this brick you can have it for free. I live in the Los Angeles area. I can't believe Sears is asking $30 for it.

who uses palms anymore? lol

f2000sa said:   I am thinking to trade in this to HTC for $100.


http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one/signup

I just tried it, even they have no use for the Treo.

song414 said:   who uses palms anymore? lol
My 2 year old uses it...to pretend like he's texting.

a918V said:   song414 said:   who uses palms anymore? lol
My 2 year old uses it...to pretend like he's texting.


Just remember an inactive device can dial 911. And combined with the gpsOne chipset in that Treo 700, your 2 year old can have the cops show up at your house... unannounced.

Unless it has no phone, of course. All the Palms with keyboards AFAIK do however.

haha...Dont know it's still there

jhatka said:   
There are plenty of $20 phones if you just want to use for making calls and other stuff.



could you please to share where to get one for tmobile; thanks

StevenColorado said:   you can install Rogue and single player Scrabble on it, which Android won't accept.

I have 2 old Treos sitting in my closet (a Treo 600 and a Treo 650). They were awesome for their time, and how I miss the single-player, ad-free Scrabble game, which I can only dream of having on my ultra-modern Android phone!

deleted

lutgaya said:   little too big to make calls etc etc
I've seen lots of people hold a much bigger Android phone up to their face to make a call!

Miss my old Treo! But not enough to buy a new one

This thing is what started my phone obsession (the PalmOS version, though).

Nexus 4 owner now. We've come a long way!

This is actually sold by 1SaleADay. Not Sears.

It probably still has more apps than Blackberry.

jhatka said:   You cannot use internet and have to deal with so small keys. makes pretty useless for young as well as for older crowd. Not to mention fat thumb/finger people would hate it too.

There are plenty of $20 phones if you just want to use for making calls and other stuff.


Read this and thought you were referring to a Blackberry at first!

EDIT: And I just saw the comment before mine. Brilliant!

fr said:   It probably still has more apps than Blackberry.

BlackBerry 10 Now Offers More Than 100,000 Applications to Customers

littleswallow said:   fr said:   It probably still has more apps than Blackberry.

BlackBerry 10 Now Offers More Than 100,000 Applications to Customers


Not that it has anything to do with the Treo (ahhh memories...), but most of those 100,000 are not native apps. They are android apps basically running in an emulator. That means they doesn't generally run as well or have the same function as apps designed for the OS.

mase123987 said:   littleswallow said:   fr said:   It probably still has more apps than Blackberry.

BlackBerry 10 Now Offers More Than 100,000 Applications to Customers


Not that it has anything to do with the Treo (ahhh memories...), but most of those 100,000 are not native apps. They are android apps basically running in an emulator. That means they doesn't generally run as well or have the same function as apps designed for the OS.

To dispel further misinformation about the new Blackberry
BlackBerry 10 breaks 100k app barrier with help from Android ports



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014