• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Goto this link:

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?...

I went to the link above and scrolled down the page where they list several configurations of this model and configured the VIAO T Series (SVT151190X - Second one from the left.) and simply upgrade the hard drive to 256SSD and processor to i7. I also upgraded to Windows 8 Pro because I'm using this for business.

I then called Sony at the following number: 1-877-865-7669.

Once I spoke to someone I told them that I wanted the model SVT151190X with the upgrades that I mentioned above. I requested an additional discount, the Sony representative offered 10% off (usually only for students and I'm not a student) and finally said she can only do as much as 15%. I agreed as long as she gave me express shipping, which she agreed.

You also get almost 5000 Sony rewards points good for a $50 Sony gift card. You also have the option to sign up for a Sony credit card and get $100 credit on the card with your purchase first Sony purcase, but if you don't get approved right away you will not be able to get the card for this purchase unless you wait for the card. I applied for the card and will use the discount along with the $50 gift card from the rewards towards an extended warranty which you can get up to 30 days after the laptop purchase.

I spent several days looking at higher end ultrabooks with a 15" plus screens and found this deal to be far better then any others. Hope this helps others!

Member Summary

Sony SVT151190X
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014