• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
GE H7-55NHP/BP2 Nighthawk PLATINUM Headlight Bulbs, Pack of 2 available via Amazon gold box. Was 102$ now 18.98$ FREE Shipping on orders over $25
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UXBELY/

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

GE H7-55NHP/BP2 Headlight Bulbs
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Was 10 dollars for same pack of 2 after 10 dollar rebate (20-10) , 3 months ago

At the risk of starting a flamewar, (a) are there actually people crazy enough to pay $102 for a pair of bulbs? (b) look at the chart on the linked page and some of the comments-because these are so bright expect a much shorter life, especially if you have daytime running lights (a year or less life), and (c) if you buy these expect to get a lot of headlight flashes from people like me who think you have your high beams on.

But a good find-for some, I guess. Brings down the price of these ultra bright, short life blubs to that of normal bulbs.

I don't drive an SUV or pickup so I'll bet the brightness won't be as much an issue. $102 regualr price? Well, I dow]ubt anyone paid that ever. A lot of Amazon's prices appear to be inflated. This one appears to be one of those cases.

As for short life - anytime you have a DRL system that utilizes the regular headlight bulb you will likely have shorter life. You'd expect it actually. I have used Ultrastar halogens and some of the other better bulbs and find they do have a shorter life. When installing make sure you wear a glove and don't tough the glass portion of the bulb. You leave oil from you fingers which will create a hotspot and burn the bulb out quicker than normal.

For the extra light these put out I think they'd be worth the shorter life.

FWIW all sizes are the same price but I will still stay with OEM's.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014