• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=3ds+xl&category=0|All|matchal...

The Nintendo 3DS XL console is only $159.99 at Target online and in-store. The Pokemon version is also available at this price, but only in store.

Member Summary

Nintendo 3DS XL
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone else finding their portable gaming devices neglected in the advent of tablets and smart phones?

My kids exhaust the batteries of of the Vita, Nitendo and iPod Touch as they rotate from one to the other on the weekends. What is being used less by them is their full PC.

Plan to buy the new iPad Mini in December.

GWBush said:   Anyone else finding their portable gaming devices neglected in the advent of tablets and smart phones?

Getting there admittedly, but not fully yet. Until more developers hop on board the Android / iOS train - still too many good games on dedicated consoles.

Imagine Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my Nexus 7? Freaking sweet

GWBush said:   Anyone else finding their portable gaming devices neglected in the advent of tablets and smart phones?

I don't think tablets and smart phone will ever fully replace dedicated gaming handhelds. Although the vast majority of gamers are casual players, perfect fit for tap tap gameplays, there are still the minority hardcore group which finds tap tap gameplay is just too bleh. Just like with cars, most people nowadays buy automatic transmissions, but there are a small group who always buy manual and no, not because it's cheaper.

As long as the dedicated gaming device still has high quality games and my favorite gaming franchises, I will still have a need for them over the stuff you find on tablets and smart phones.

For example, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for the 3DS is a game that has no equal on a phone/tablet. Taking one look at some video or a screenshot, one might think that its some basic adventure game that looks moderately nice. But its all about the quality of its content, and Luigi's Mansion delivers it in spades. A year from now, we'll be seeing knockoffs of Luigi's Mansion on the iPhone. I'm sure it will be good enough for some people.

yeah, I agree with you

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014