Adobe Photoshop CS6 $559.99 or less

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OfficeMax has a coupon for 20% off Software thru June 8th. This brings the price of Adobe Photoshop CS6 down to $559.99 from $699.99. This is for all versions (PC, Mac, Retail Box, Download), and for that matter for other versions of Adobe products (all software is 20% Off). You can make it cheaper by using your MaxPerks Rewards card for an additional 5% back... and FatWallet CashBack also offers up to 4% back at OfficeMax.com.

I bought the download version to save on taxes as well, as there was no tax on the download version for me.

OfficeMax
Need a OfficeMax coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Adobe Photoshop CS6
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

They charged me sales tax for download version. What did I do wrong?

sardarji said:   They charged me sales tax for download version. What did I do wrong?

Not sure why you were charged sales tax for the downloaded version. I just tested it out now with both the Mac Download Version and the Mac Retail Box Version for shipping to North Dakota. I was only charged sales tax for the Retail Box Version, none for the Download Version. Perhaps different states have different tax rules for software bought by download. I know that OfficeMax has a presence in North Dakota, and that I've always had to pay sales tax on my purchases. So I was surprised I wasn't charged for the Downloaded Version, but I'm not complaining.

Sorry I can't be of more help
Dave

I'm just a CVS 5 user.

It's actually not really due to whether a company you buy software via download has a "point of presence" in your state-- it's whether your state charges for intangible products. Intangibles are products you can't physically touch or hold--they're "virtual", so to speak. In my home state of California, intangibles are not (currently) subject to sales tax. Thus, if I purchase Adobe Photoshop CS6 via download from Staples, which has a point-of-presence in CA, that purchase is considered an intangible, as you can't hold or touch a downloaded software application. But with states looking to find new ways of driving up their coffers, you can bet many states are looking into changing that. Colorado, for example, did that in 2011. So, if you live in Colorado AND the company you purchase a software application via download has a point of presence in the state, you'll get zapped with the tax.

It's an area that's pretty murky and the end results can leave you wondering, "huh?"

I bought Photoshop Extended CS5.5 a couple years directly from Adobe and thought nothing about not paying sales tax, as Adobe is out of state and states weren't fighting so hard to collect sales tax on internet purchases. Last year, Adobe had a great deal where I got Creative Suite Web Premium CS5.5 and C6.0 for $1200--just a few hundred more than Photoshop Extended alone cost. I originally wanted to get the software delivered on DVDs, but would have had to pay over $100 in sales tax, so I nixed that idea. Since CS Web came with Photoshop Extended, I decided to give my standalone license to a family member (something Adobe allows after completing some back and forth paperwork) as I didn't need it anymore. My family member also wanted the DVDs rather than to download the software, so she called Adobe. In her case, she already had the license--the part you're essentially paying all that money for. Since she just wanted the physical DVDs the software could be installed from, they charged her $9.99 for those DVDs and the few cents of sales tax that $9.99 incurred. Two ways to get the same exact thing in the end--and be charged quite differently.

I saw the price is $589.99.
Professional Image Editing Software is attractive.

I have a brand new copy of Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended for Windows in the box unopened if anyone is interested. PM me if you are..

Actually, that's incorrect. Adobe no longer requires that CS2 be activated, meaning a license key isn't needed to run the software. It doesn't mean you don't need a license--you still do. Naturally, many people think "no license key required" is the same as "it's now free".

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Deal is live again with the new OfficeMax.com 20% Off Coupon SAVE20 valid through April 27th.

Just a reminder that you can get the Adobe Creative Suite Cloud, which includes Photoshop and all of the other Adobe products, for $50/month (new) or only $30/month (upgrade) if you already own almost anything Adobe related. Any future updates are obviously free as long as you're paying monthly.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Basically, if you see yourself upgrading Photoshop within a year (CS7 will probably be out by October) or using any of the other Creative Suite software, IMHO, its a better deal.

Photoshop CS6 full version $426 (PC) or $474 (Mac) from www.thesoftwaretechstore.com

Use code spring5% (above prices already reflect the 5% off).

Isn't CS7 coming out in May? It could be worth waiting for this to drop down some more.

BostonOne said:   Photoshop CS6 full version $426 (PC) or $474 (Mac) from www.thesoftwaretechstore.com

Use code spring5% (above prices already reflect the 5% off).

I can't imagine that software is genuine. Chances are if you're buying Adobe from websites other than Amazon, Rakuten, Adorama, OfficeMax, BHPhotoVideo, Cameta, etc, it's a pirated version.

Deal is live again. The last 20% Off coupon didn't work on software, but this one does again.

tallladude said:   It's actually not really due to whether a company you buy software via download has a "point of presence" in your state-- it's whether your state charges for intangible products. Intangibles are products you can't physically touch or hold--they're "virtual", so to speak. In my home state of California, intangibles are not (currently) subject to sales tax. Thus, if I purchase Adobe Photoshop CS6 via download from Staples, which has a point-of-presence in CA, that purchase is considered an intangible, as you can't hold or touch a downloaded software application. But with states looking to find new ways of driving up their coffers, you can bet many states are looking into changing that. Colorado, for example, did that in 2011. So, if you live in Colorado AND the company you purchase a software application via download has a point of presence in the state, you'll get zapped with the tax.

It's an area that's pretty murky and the end results can leave you wondering, "huh?"

Just FYI if you live in PA and are considering this deal... they charge sales tax on downloads also.

mustor said:   Hello, thinking about buying adobe software from thesoftwaretechstore.com
Just would like to know if someone bought something, was everything OK??

Thanks,
Tom

Came with a bulk license, so seemed a bit sketchy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014