• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-726-38H-Classic-Stainless-Stir-F...

Free one day shipping using discover card using code: DISCOVER at checkout

Member Summary

Cuisinart 726-38H
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't know anything about the Classic but I can highly recommend the Cuisinart MultiClad Pro. I have a 1.5 saucepan that I bought from Chefs that I have boiled 2 eggs dry and it burned the pan black. I thought the pan was ruined but I Googled it and sure enough, the pan came clean and looked like new again. The handle never needs a pot holder as it (and the lid handle) always is cool to the touch. It is quite heavy and well made. I bought it because it was recommended on Chowhound as the "next best thing" to All-Clad. I wish I had the whole set except I have no use for the fry pans as I use cast iron for that.

In for 1. Thanks OP

"Glass lid shattered spontaneously while in use on the stovetop"

Scary review...

jhapad said:   "Glass lid shattered spontaneously while in use on the stovetop"

Scary review...

There's nothing at all scary there- it's just physics. Look it up, it's called "thermal shock". The same thing happens when you drop an ice cube into a glass of significantly warmer liquid. Try it out- it's very cool (and makes for a great experiment for kids).

People need to stop abusing glass objects and then posting poor reviews because of user error. If someone likes to mistreat their cookware, they should make sure to only buy Borosilicate glass. And even then they shouldn't complain if they break that as well, because it's only resistant- not shatter-proof.

I'm fairly sure this it the one I've had for quite a few years and I love it. I use this as my day to day chinese cooking pan only pulling out my bigger round bottom wok for New Years. The flat bottom works better on american stoves allowing me to not use the ring like on my wok and keep the pan closer to the heat on my US stove.

I had the teflon version of these pans for like 10 years (way too long for teflon) and had ZERO problems with the lids, which are the same as the ones used on the stainless steel pots. I have to think the reviewer did something they shouldn't have.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014