• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Folks be kind first time posting a deal. Just returned home from Costco in North Phoenix with a Vizio 55 inch LED 3D TV. Model number is M3D550KDE. On sale online and in store thru March 31st. $799.99 for a 55 inch 3D LED seems like a deal to me. While supplies last! 1 left in North Phoenix. Mixed reviews, but with Costco's 2nd year and a Square Trade 3 year I'm giving it a shot. I have 5 Vizio's now, never had a issue with any of them. Just set it up and the TV synced right up with my wireless network and is streaming Netflix. Good weekend to test it out as Direct TV is pushing free HBO and CineMax.

Vizio 55 3D LCD Smart TV

Member Summary

Vizio 55 inch LED 3D Smart TV $
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Or you can just get the newer version 60" for $100 more.

E601i-A3

That 60" Vizio is a POS IMO. I had one for about three months, and had to return it. Got it on the BF special from WalMart. Light Leakage around the edges was unbearable.

Vizio app collection sucks. I got only 3 apps (youtube, Netflix, Amazon instant video) I needed. Also, youtube freeze if you watch any video longer than 45min.

I saw the E601, It looked nice but it was a little large for my room and I thought I would give 3D try which the E601 lacks. Yes the apps collection isn't stellar but all the major ones are available. I have Netflix, Huluplus, Rhapsody, Amazon, Vudu, Pandora, Youtube (never watched anything over 15 minutes)No lightleaks on my set. Only issue I see so far is it doesn't appear to support DNLA fro my hard drive. If you have a problem remember there is no better place for returns than Costco.

The M3D550KD was a good tv, on the M3D550KDE they cheaped out and went with a crappy 60hz panel.

aland1234 said:   I saw the E601, It looked nice but it was a little large for my room and I thought I would give 3D try which the E601 lacks. Yes the apps collection isn't stellar but all the major ones are available. I have Netflix, Huluplus, Rhapsody, Amazon, Vudu, Pandora, Youtube (never watched anything over 15 minutes)No lightleaks on my set. Only issue I see so far is it doesn't appear to support DNLA fro my hard drive. If you have a problem remember there is no better place for returns than Costco.

Remember, you have to turn on DNLA on your computer.

Iibm650 Thanks I have a Wireless router with DNLA support a USB port and a 3 TB external drive, been using DNLA for a while. Looking on line, It doesn't look like DNLA is supported. Still an good buy and my LG DVD has DNLA built in so no harm no foul. Just a little surprised by number of people who hear Vizio and turn up there nose. For anyone with a Costco card looking for a TV Costco is the way to go. If you don't like it you have 90 days to bring it back. You get a second year of warranty for free. And they have a very good deal on a square trade extended warranty. Hey in 5 years I will move this TV to the loft when I get my new 4D sensoround 110 inch screen for the family room.

If you compare Vizio side by side with Lg or Samsung, you will know if it's worth buying Vizio. I can tell difference in image quality so I don't buy Vizio. Some people can't tell the difference and don't mind buying Vizio. It all depends on your level of acceptance.

docjoo said:   If you compare Vizio side by side with Lg or Samsung, you will know if it's worth buying Vizio. I can tell difference in image quality so I don't buy Vizio. Some people can't tell the difference and don't mind buying Vizio. It all depends on your level of acceptance.

Is this in the showroom? Are both sets calibrated? Hard to make a real comparison unless they are. I have no skin in the game, I have a Panasonic plasma, which they always make look bad in the showroom.

MrTweaker said:   docjoo said:   If you compare Vizio side by side with Lg or Samsung, you will know if it's worth buying Vizio. I can tell difference in image quality so I don't buy Vizio. Some people can't tell the difference and don't mind buying Vizio. It all depends on your level of acceptance.

Is this in the showroom? Are both sets calibrated? Hard to make a real comparison unless they are. I have no skin in the game, I have a Panasonic plasma, which they always make look bad in the showroom.

If you go to Costco, most HDTVs are displayed on manufacturer's default setting. I highly doubt Costco workers know hot to calibrate to make it look better than another.

As for plasma, it's cheaper for a reason. Some people claim that plasma is just good as LED. But that's not the discussion for this topic.

Actually I'm all about image quality. I'm a National Support engineer specializing in CT scanners. Its all about contrast detectability and repeatability. Before that I did cockpit displays for the F15 Eagle. You thought the toilet seat was expensive wait tell you do a color display under a bubble canopy. However with three daughters college etc, I have to draw the line somewhere south of $1000 dollars when it comes to the TV. Whoever said you can't really tell in the show room is correct. When you un-box the TV and turn it on first thing it ask you is Showroom or Home. My life doesn't revolve around the TV or a computer. I used a calibration chapter from a THX dvd and tweak for a few minutes the Vizio does a fine job for and an excellent price point. Costco while not the best place to view a TV, has a very good price with a very good return policy and a more than reasonable extended warranty. Thats why i posted this as a hot deal. by the way I believe today is the last day for the sale. Thanks....

I have seen UN55D6050 samsung ssmart tv for 869 usd in Charlotte costco

vant826 said:   Or you can just get the newer version 60" for $100 more.

E601i-A3

NOT 3D

docjoo said:   If you compare Vizio side by side with Lg or Samsung, you will know if it's worth buying Vizio. I can tell difference in image quality so I don't buy Vizio. Some people can't tell the difference and don't mind buying Vizio. It all depends on your level of acceptance.

My Vizio (3 years old) has the same panel that LG put in their TVs that Consumer Reports rated tops. Only difference is mine cost a lot less.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014