• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 Myst Edition 2GB Video Card + BioShock Infinite + Tomb Raider PC Game Coupons @ Newegg - $208.79 after Coupon
was $239.99
Free Shipping!

Coupons
PWCHD7870 - $30 off

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 Myst Edition 2GB Video Card + BioShock Infinite + Tomb Raider PC Game Coupons
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is not really a 7870, its a 7950 with a some of the cores disabled. So it is faster than the regular 7870.

Tahiti LE

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/tahiti-le-7870-7930-benchmar...

I half expected it to come with a copy of Myst.

Is this good for bitcoining?

Here's a quick chart to help you decide if it's time to upgrade to this card.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/tahiti-le-7870-7930-benchmar...

alamo11 said:   Is this good for bitcoining?

Its pretty good since its a Tahiti core based card, but from my understanding you need several cards going in a dedicated machine to really mine. But I am not a expert on Bitcoin. Better to ask at a BC site.

Both of those titles are AAA, and not on sale yet.

Figure getting $40-45/ea pretty doable, thats a helluva deal for the card. Even if you kept the games, thats still not bad. But yeah, under $150 for the card after game sell of the codes, solid.

keep in mind that chart is comparing to an 800mhz 7950

They overclock to 1ghz/1300 with a couple clicks.

This is the best deal I've seen in months except for the
Newegg 6 hour sale last week with a 7950@925mhz for 249$
after 10mir with bioshock infinite and crysis 3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131487

As an alternative, this is the same card but with a different cooling shroud. The general consensus is that the Myst edition card is louder than a lawnmower, while the noise level from this one is much more reasonable. It does cost a few dollars more (215 AR and no free shipping), and involves a MIR instead of a coupon, but the noise issue was enough for me to choose this one anyway. Also, I've done a PowerColor MIR before and it was painless as can be. This one also does come with the Bioshock/Tomb Raider coupons.

Oh, yeah, and this one is still in stock.

The MIR does expire today, though, so be quick if you're gonna jump in.

alamo11 said:   Is this good for bitcoining?

Just guestimating here, but at current difficulty and prices (not guessing future on those variables) you would make about $70 a month with this card if you didnt pay for electric.

Thing is showing 249.99 with non-free shipping and it's out of stock. Seems dead

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014