rated:
Read Conditions Carefully:

Conditions for this offer
Purchase by: 04/01/2013
Departure period: 04/06/2013-05/19/2013
Return period: 04/07/2013-06/19/2013
Advance Purchase Period: 7 days
Fares are shown in U.S. dollars.
Travel Economy Class on Air Canada, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss or United.
Fares are based on round-trip purchase (PUR) and mid-week travel.
Saturday night stay is required. Weekend surcharges up to $60 round-trip.
Maximum stay is 1 month.
Date changes before and after departure: permitted at $250 per change.

Lufthansa India Special Link

Member Summary

Lufthansa India Special Travel deals for departure by May 19
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I cannot imagine that many hours in the air in Coach. I also cannot imagine what F or J would cost. Therefore, it sounds like I'm staying home, but this is a nice deal.

WOW! Sample offer: Houston - Delhi from $849*

Tax and Fee information:
*Round-trip including all taxes, fees and carrier charges

Anything like this in June-Oct. Need to book this for my parents but from BOM...

The Houston fare doesn't seem too bad, but the listed New York - Mumbai price isn't that great... around $1200 is easily found on any other carrier at any other time. I've flown Coach many times on long flights like these, it sucks, but trips like this aren't about the flight, its about the destination.

I actually booked roundtrip (May thru September) tickets for my parents last week. Bangalore to Pittsburgh (change flights at Frankfurt and Newark) for $1250 per passenger. Price wasn't bad considering the additional local flight and non-promo travel dates.

don't forget that Lufthansa only allows one check-in bag. The second check-in costs $100. They also make you go through a complete round of security checks at Frankfurt, even after you've gone through security at your departure terminal in NewDelhi/Bombay/B'lore. The Frankfurt security check area (special checks for US-bound flights) is one unholy mess - complete chaos, people crowding like cattle through one narrow security check entrance and rude staffers who can't wait for their shifts to end. Can't say I blame them; I'd be just as upset as them if I had to face a horde of disgruntled travelers.

katnrica said:   don't forget that Lufthansa only allows one check-in bag. The second check-in costs $100. They also make you go through a complete round of security checks at Frankfurt, even after you've gone through security at your departure terminal in NewDelhi/Bombay/B'lore. The Frankfurt security check area (special checks for US-bound flights) is one unholy mess - complete chaos, people crowding like cattle through one narrow security check entrance and rude staffers who can't wait for their shifts to end. Can't say I blame them; I'd be just as upset as them if I had to face a horde of disgruntled travelers.
No; Two free checked baggage per passenger allowed on Lufthansa for travel between USA and India. Here is the link:
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/us/info_and_services/b...
scroll down to the Exemptions section.

yogeshlvr said:   I actually booked roundtrip (May thru September) tickets for my parents last week. Bangalore to Pittsburgh (change flights at Frankfurt and Newark) for $1250 per passenger. Price wasn't bad considering the additional local flight and non-promo travel dates.

Yup, that local segment really adds on. I'm trying to book a RT PIT-BOM and that's nearly $300 more than NYC-BOM, with PIT-NYC being a 40 minute flight. And the connections kind of suck. Might just book it separately (same price) and stay with a friend in NYC for the night.

United Airlines allows only 1 checked bag.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014