• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$26 Chemistry Panel & Complete Blood Count (CBC) & Lipid Panel for lef members only. This is their annual sale for members only. Normally it's ~$40 for members, and ~$48 for non-members.

Blood Test taken and analyzed by LabCorp, publicly listed company in NYSE, based in USA.
If you do NOT live in NY, NJ, RI or MA, then just goto your local labcorp and show them your blood requisition form. Appointment optional, and can be made via labcorp's website. They will take and analyze your blood. No additional fees. You will receive email from life extension along with results when they are in. I normally get my results via email next day if I take the test before noon the previous day. 12 hours fasting required.

Step 1: Get Free Membership. This comes with $25 Product Certificate good for their supplements, not on blood test.

Step 2: Order: Blood Test Blood test requisition is good for 6 months, and can be "renewed" when you call them before expiration. Requisition Forms & Results can be either snail mailed or e-mailed. I normally get my results via email next day if I take the test before noon the previous day. 12 hours fasting required.

FYI :FAQ

Q) Who orders the blood tests for me?
A) Life Extension National Diagnostics, Inc., contracts with physicians who will order your tests but will not diagnose or treat you.

Q) Where do I go to get my blood drawn?

A) Laboratory Corporation of America performs all of our blood draws at no extra charge to you. Simply click Find a Lab Near You to locate the LabCorp Patient Service Center near you. (However, if you live in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey or Rhode Island, you will receive a blood draw kit per state law ... and additional draw fees may apply.)

Q) What are the blood test requisition options?

A) Your blood test requisition options are LabCorp requisition form and blood lab kit. If you choose “LabCorp Requisition Form”, you will receive a form to present to a Patient Service Center in your area. The requisition you receive will have all the ordering information necessary for you to have your blood drawn. Please note that this option is not allowed in the states of NY, NJ, RI or MA.

Blood Test taken and analyzed by LabCorp.

The Chemistry and CBC blood test is a comprehensive metabolic evaluation including the following tests:

Fasting Glucose (blood sugar)
Uric acid
BUN (blood urea nitrogen): Measures liver and kidney function
Creatinine: A test used to measure kidney function
BUN/Creatinine Ratio: For diagnosis of impaired renal function
Estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR)
Sodium
Potassium
Chloride
Calcium
Phosphorus
Total Protein
Albumin
Globulin
Albumin/Globulin Ratio
Bilirubin: Evaluates kidney and liver function
Alkaline Phosphatase: Evaluation of liver and bone diseases
LDH (lactic dehydrogenase)
AST (SGOT): Evaluates liver function
ALT (SGPT): Evaluates liver function
Iron (serum)

Lipid Profile: Evaluates the risk for developing atherosclerosis (arterial plaque) and coronary heart disease.
Total Cholesterol
Triglycerides
HDL Cholesterol
LDL Cholesterol
Total Cholesterol/HDL Ratio

Complete Blood Count:
Red blood cell count
Hemoglobin
Hematocrit
Red blood cell indices
Mean corpuscular hemoglobin
Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration
Red blood cell distribution
White blood cell count
Differential count
Platelet count

A 12-hour fast is required for this blood test. However, drink plenty of water and take your medications as prescribed.

Member Summary

LifeExtension
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Great deal. I did this last year for around $35?

The tests are pretty comprehensive.

netmaster911 (Apr. 01, 2013 @ 10:39p) |

* I paid $19.95 last year.
* Cash Back is available.

BradMajors (Apr. 01, 2013 @ 10:57p) |

I cannot believe the spread in pricing that is out there for the same blood test suite.

Bagofchips (Apr. 02, 2013 @ 11:21a) |

Other blood test. This is their annual sale for members only.

Vitamin D $36

a1c blood sugar average $24

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone $24
Urinalysis $10
Homocysteine $48
C-Reactive Protein (CRP) $32

Female Panel Test $199
Chemistry Panel (Metabolic panel with lipids)
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Free Testosterone
Total Testosterone
DHEA - Sulfate
Progesterone
Estradiol
Homocysteine
C-reactive protein (High sensitivity)
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C)

Male Panel Test $199Chemistry Panel (Metabolic panel with lipids)
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Free Testosterone
Total Testosterone
DHEA - Sulfate
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
Estradiol
Homocysteine
C-reactive protein (High sensitivity)
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

check out directlabs.com for bloodtest

$25 didn't seem to work... "Sale prices do not apply"

The 25 is for lef supplements, cannot be used for the blood testing. So overall, you'll pay $26 for blood test and get $25 coupon for supplements.

Thanks, OP. Looks like a good price.

I've used online service Private MD Labs before (privatemdlabs.com) The also use Labcorp, don't require a membership, and email a 15% off discount coupon every month or two. Does anyone know of a similar online service where an x-ray can be ordered? I had a back problem recently and wanted a simple xray (no dye).

I heard of bidonhealth.com for x-ray in CA and AZ. Never use them b4, think they are kind of new. Also, most labs have separate pricing when price quote for cash only & no insurance involve.

Beside the blood test. It will be nice if they include any medication prescription service as well.

Thanks OP!
Used the $25 to buy some supplements I need. Great deal on the blood test.
And I'm sure this is covered elsewhere, but prescriptions from Canada have saved me a bundle.

Mudshark14 said:   Thanks OP!
Used the $25 to buy some supplements I need. Great deal on the blood test.
And I'm sure this is covered elsewhere, but prescriptions from Canada have saved me a bundle.

Who do you trust in Canada for yours? Always an option.

$25 is great, will really save us. Especially my mom and dad

This is a good deal especially if you plan on having a physical this year. Depending on your insurance plan, blood work associated with a physical may not be covered or subject to a deductible. Most MD's are ordering the Vit D tests nowadays (it's all the rage) and I can tell you it's over $100 (we learned the hard way) so get this done too on the cheap and take the results with you to your physical and save big $$$.

I live in NJ so eligible only for "Blood Lab Kit". Which local clinic helps me to draw and process the blood? Any idea how much do they charge?

I'm in NY and have a lab at my job. Could easily have someone draw me and I can spin my own blood - since it looks like it comes with a mailing label, anyone done this before?

FYI, other blood test of interest, just do a search on lef.org
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone $24
Urinalysis $10
Homocysteine $48
C-Reactive Protein (CRP) $32

Any insight about the quality of this lab?

LongDongSilver said:   Any insight about the quality of this lab?Your basic medical lab chain. Two offices in my town. Not as busy as the one in my primary care clinic so that's an extra plus for me.

LabCorp is a public traded company in NYSE, based in USA. They are in top 2 of professional blood lab. So quality & reliability should be fantastic, and as good as any other lab.

Yeah, Labcorp is one of the two national chains which seem to be everywhere. I have some regular bloodtests that are ordered by physicians, so I go to either LabCorp or Quest, depending on the convenience.

I'm wondering if this deal is available in the State of Maryland. I wanted to purchase genetic testing for purposes of tracing genealogy and ethnic background (I can't remember the name of the company in California). They won't sell the service in the State of Maryland because there is some law in the state which prevents their participation. That company wouldn't tell me why, but looking at the statutes, I think Maryland requires that the results be provided to a physician even if you can request them yourself. I guess here, the tests are sent to an ordering physician, so it's OK. The genetic testing company did not include a physician in the loop.

The doctors I have seen for physicals or other issues during the last 10 years all ordered their lab tests through Labcorp or Quest Diagnostics. That is one reason I was comfortable ordering online. The reports I received from an online order are in the exact same format as those my doctor(s) ordered. I have begun keeping a copy of all my blood tests, whether obtained through a local doctor or online. I found it was useful to produce a 3 or 4 year history of past lab results when I had an out-of-range lab test result in a category a few years ago.

bighitter said:   The doctors I have seen for physicals or other issues during the last 10 years all ordered their lab tests through Labcorp or Quest Diagnostics. That is one reason I was comfortable ordering online. The reports I received from an online order are in the exact same format as those my doctor(s) ordered. I have begun keeping a copy of all my blood tests, whether obtained through a local doctor or online. I found it was useful to produce a 3 or 4 year history of past lab results when I had an out-of-range lab test result in a category a few years ago.
Regardless of where your doctor orders your lab tests you can have the lab tests transferred and done at any other lab of your choice. I do this all the time.

Great deal. I did this last year for around $35?

netmaster911 said:   Great deal. I did this last year for around $35?

* I paid $19.95 last year.
* Cash Back is available.

I cannot believe the spread in pricing that is out there for the same blood test suite.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014